Pete/AG, if the ability to load .jad is implemented, does that mean CM could be used as a regular .jad installer and not just for removing unwanted debris/junk from the BB?
    I think so, The problem with .JAD files is that the so often need the resources of a .COD file as well. This is program related and is entirely up to the programmer him/herself as wheter the program resouce is entirely cotained withng the .JAD file or not. Until you try to install, there is just no way to know what the programmer did. It's Russian roulette except that the program does/does not install and you do/do not die.

.cod files are easy, I just give you a pick list inti the Java folder and you pick what you want to install/uninstall.

Once I include Javaloader.exe (A RIM utility also distributed by JL_Cmder) then I can make CrackMem do whatever Javaload and JL_Cmdr does.

This brings CrackMem up to the same functionality as the phone based program MaxMem. There is a problem here though, Ig a file is removed from the phone then it also has to be removed fro then Java folder of the next time you connect to DM, it wil just put it back and MY (sorry about the caps) Put It Back (not DM's) puts everything back and there is really no way to change that without creating a huge log file which would ALWAYs screw up as you can imagine after 50 uses.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-29-08 at 06:09 PM.
    07-29-08 05:52 PM
    Another fine set of improvements, and a very professional install.
    07-29-08 06:02 PM
    So Pete, let me see if I'm following you correctly- if the programmer installs the necessary .cod files within a .jad, it will install to the BB with no problem. But if the programmer didnt included the necessary .cod files, no install will take place and no harm will come to the BB?
    07-29-08 06:10 PM
    So Pete, let me see if I'm following you correctly- if the programmer installs the necessary .cod files within a .jad, it will install to the BB with no problem. Either that or he/she references it to a web/disk/cd location/resource so that the .jad file can find it, then "Yes".

But if the programmer didnt included the necessary .cod files, no install will take place and no harm will come to the BB? Or, it can't find it then "Yes", no harm but, no install either.
    Sorry about the left handed logic there.
    07-29-08 06:17 PM
    Another fine set of improvements, and a very professional install.
    Well, it has not been written yet. BUT,.... it could easily be.

What else is needed here?

alien_scum my advanced maths honors degree graduate IQ 150+ programmer is demanding more pizza & beer before he will code this. Oh, the expense..... btw, he is unemployed but his Dad is a miliionare and my best buddy so that is OK too.
    07-29-08 06:26 PM
    I used this to install the 4.5.55 last night

brilliant and easy to do.

well recommended
    07-30-08 01:18 PM
    I am not going to lie Pete... all of this time I had not extensively used your CrackMem program! This evening was the first time I messed around with it extensively and I have to say it is a wonderful app!!

It works as you would expect and is simple and straight-forward. Big thanks to you for bringing such a great program to the masses of CrackBerry... and being willing to support such a huge family of addicts!!

I would like to add a couple of files to remove when getting rid of TMobile's myFaves :

net_rim_bb_medialoader_100_five_icon_library (1,093 KB) TMobile USA
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_114_five_icon_library (983 KB) TMobile UK

Also, I would like to make you aware that some of the "newer" OS 4.5 released have brought some changes to the .cod files. I have never noticed the file named "net_rim_bb_medialoader_folders_320x240_b" before, but it is now present... along with other new ones. Only time will tell what they do

I assume that new .cod adds colored folder support without the need for the entire preloaded images .cod ??

I also notice that some other .cod files are not present any more. Specifically, when looking at the Java folder a lot of password keeper .cods and some other ones are not seen...

Thanks again!!

*EDIT* : Nevermind on the myFaves thing! It seems as if your help files says it removes the one file... but for some reason when I ran CrackMem it did not disappear from my folder
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 07-30-08 at 08:47 PM.
    07-30-08 07:23 PM
    Hi All,
    I dl'd crackmem. When I start the program, no OS is found, the operating system box is blank! Curve is connected and desktop manager is running.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Verizon Curve 8330
    OS v4.3.0.127

Thanks in advance,
    Al
    07-30-08 09:00 PM
    Hi All,
    I dl'd crackmem. When I start the program, no OS is found, the operating system box is blank! Curve is connected and desktop manager is running.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Verizon Curve 8330
    OS v4.3.0.127

Thanks in advance,
    Al
    You need to install the operating system for your device onto your PC, just like you are loading a new OS onto your Berry!!

You can get the official OS for your device from your carrier's website
    07-30-08 10:10 PM
    I am not going to lie Pete... all of this time I had not extensively used your CrackMem program! This evening was the first time I messed around with it extensively and I have to say it is a wonderful app!!

It works as you would expect and is simple and straight-forward. Big thanks to you for bringing such a great program to the masses of CrackBerry... and being willing to support such a huge family of addicts!!

I would like to add a couple of files to remove when getting rid of TMobile's myFaves :

net_rim_bb_medialoader_100_five_icon_library (1,093 KB) TMobile USA
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_114_five_icon_library (983 KB) TMobile UK

Also, I would like to make you aware that some of the "newer" OS 4.5 released have brought some changes to the .cod files. I have never noticed the file named "net_rim_bb_medialoader_folders_320x240_b" before, but it is now present... along with other new ones. Only time will tell what they do

I assume that new .cod adds colored folder support without the need for the entire preloaded images .cod ??

I also notice that some other .cod files are not present any more. Specifically, when looking at the Java folder a lot of password keeper .cods and some other ones are not seen...

Thanks again!!

*EDIT* : Nevermind on the myFaves thing! It seems as if your help files says it removes the one file... but for some reason when I ran CrackMem it did not disappear from my folder
    I can do that. I am off on 2 weeks vacation today but I am taking my laptop PC with me. I may get some time to have a look at what is going on with the files that are not getting copied.

I will get back here with a result in several days. Internet access is going to be spotty at best and my international data plan is $3/Mb. Ouch!
    07-30-08 11:24 PM
    Hi All,
    What am I doing wrong?
    Verizon Curve 8330
    OS v4.3.0.127

Thanks in advance,
    Al
    Have a look in the Resources section of the Help text. The carrier download site for the OS is listed there.
    07-30-08 11:27 PM
    I can do that. I am off on 2 weeks vacation today but I am taking my laptop PC with me. I may get some time to have a look at what is going on with the files that are not getting copied.

I will get back here with a result in several days. Internet access is going to be spotty at best and my international data plan is $3/Mb. Ouch!
    Don't worry about it Pete... it can definitely wait!

I was just addressing some minor concerns, but mainly praising your efforts

Enjoy your vacation and take some time off! Get back to us once you are back
    07-30-08 11:28 PM
    You need to install the operating system for your device onto your PC, just like you are loading a new OS onto your Berry!!

You can get the official OS for your device from your carrier's website
    I downloaded the OS to my desktop from the verizon site. That worked fine. My OS now appears in Crackmem. The new problem is that now desktop manager does not recognize my BB when I plug it in!
    07-31-08 08:13 AM
    I downloaded the OS to my desktop from the verizon site. That worked fine. My OS now appears in Crackmem. The new problem is that now desktop manager does not recognize my BB when I plug it in!
    Sorry you are having problems, but I do not really think they relate to this thread or the overall functionality of CrackMem

I do not want to HiJack this fine CrackMem thread and make it into a free-for-all... what you should do is check out my "Proper Upgrade/Downgrade Procedure" thread!

That is the process you should take to get things working. There are links to useful resources and other threads within my tutorial. And we can answer your questions on that thread. The link is in my signature
    07-31-08 08:18 AM
    Where is the install file and will this work on a T-Mobile Pearl 8120 and Windows XP? Also, I just got my 8120 and looking at the OS version, it shows 4.3. Would this work on 4.3?

Thanks.
    07-31-08 03:15 PM
    Where is the install file and will this work on a T-Mobile Pearl 8120 and Windows XP? Also, I just got my 8120 and looking at the OS version, it shows 4.3. Would this work on 4.3?

Thanks.
    The install file is an attached file on Pete's original post in this thread

It will work for your device and for that operating system.
    07-31-08 03:22 PM
    Ok, so I just downloaded Crackmem to my desktop, clicked on the .exe to start it and I get a message "No operating systems can be found". The app loads and I see the first screen, but there is no OS to choose from. ??????
    07-31-08 05:28 PM
    Ok, so I just downloaded Crackmem to my desktop, clicked on the .exe to start it and I get a message "No operating systems can be found". The app loads and I see the first screen, but there is no OS to choose from. ??????
    This has been addressed on a few occasions throughout this thread... and there is a help file built into the CrackMem app!!

Regardless, CrackMem is not built to download or install the OS for you!! It was made as a tool to help optimize your memory and have access to some other nice functionality!

To get going, you first need to download and install an operating system for your BlackBerry onto your PC. This is the entire core behind CrackMem. CrackMem works by modifying those OS files and then you use DesktopManager to load to modified OS to your device
    07-31-08 05:32 PM
    This may be a dumb question, but when I select my OS it shows in blue instead of red. I have 4.5 installed on my Blackberry which is the one I would like to remove some extra options from. Currently it is the only OS I have installed. Lol, am I missing a step. I followed your instructions.
    07-31-08 10:37 PM
    Pete you are the Man!!! Just tried it out on my work phone and it worked great!!! Thanks Pete!!!
    08-01-08 10:30 AM
    I tried running it, It finds 4.5.0.69 OS and I select it.

I then tried removing the wallpapers and the PTT application, and the program says action completed.

but I go into the phone and the app is still there along with the system wallpapers.
    08-01-08 04:08 PM
    I tried running it, It finds 4.5.0.69 OS and I select it.

I then tried removing the wallpapers and the PTT application, and the program says action completed.

but I go into the phone and the app is still there along with the system wallpapers.

I had to do this, hope it helps you:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...tml#post506044
    08-01-08 04:16 PM
    BMY goof, I did not apply it via the desktop manager. I loaded it, but it did not sho PTT in the options.

I just hit next and then it showed the items I was removing and all went well
    08-01-08 04:20 PM
    After I dl'd the Crackmem and the OS to my desktop, Crackmem recognized my OS. My problem is that when I started Desktop Manager and plugged in my Curve 8330, DM did not recognize it!

Thanks in advance

Al
    08-02-08 07:36 AM
    After I dl'd the Crackmem and the OS to my desktop, Crackmem recognized my OS. My problem is that when I started Desktop Manager and plugged in my Curve 8330, DM did not recognize it!

Thanks in advance

Al
    Hi Al,

Coupla dumb questions if I may.

- is the OS you have the correct one for your phone?
    - did you use CrackMem to remove Vendor.xml?

If so, click on Application Loader and see if the installation procedure starts. If not, get back here. We can always make this work somehow.
    08-02-08 07:55 AM
1,625 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD