X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 04:47 PM
    I do not know what is hapening here. It is hard to know why a particular PC is responding differently to others.

What OS are you running please [XP, Vista Home Premium, Vista Ultimate]?

I will give you all the help I can because I want CrackMem to be as widely available as possible.

btw: I downloaded 4.2.0.55 due to your earlier message. I have had my tiny brain so full of CrackMem that I had ignored the OS upgrades - duh.
    I have XP Home SP2 installed on this computer.
    07-26-08 10:08 PM
    Good stuff Pete.
    07-26-08 10:13 PM
    I have XP Home SP2 installed on this computer.
    CrackMem was developped under XP SP2.

I only look for installed OSs on the C: drive so if you have moved Program Files to another drive then they won't be found.

If you have not done this (as most people do not) then right now, I have no idea whay CrackMem does not work on your system.

I am really sorry.
    07-27-08 02:40 AM
    Installed 2.4 and when I launch it I get "No Operating System Could Be Found". Help!!!!!
    07-27-08 11:45 AM
    Installed 2.4 and when I launch it I get "No Operating System Could Be Found". Help!!!!!
    I just searched the whole of the CrackMem source files and the mesage 'No Operating System Could Be Found' does not exist in the source files anywhere. CrackMem does not care if there are no OSs installed. It will just sit there. Which program or device gave you this message please?

What OS did you install please and what OS is running on your PC?

I am puzzled by this. When we tested CrackMem we could NOT make it fail. Now there are two cases in this thread where the O is not found.

I urgently wish to fix this.

I am very sorry that you are having trouble.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-27-08 at 02:07 PM.
    07-27-08 02:04 PM
    Pete, does crack mem take into account that the default names for some of RIM's file locations has changed with the advent of 4.5? For example, net_rim_bb_medialoader_ . . . Versions prior to 4.5 said "media" without the "loader" part
    07-27-08 04:11 PM
    Installed on my vista machine nicely. I will report if I have any problems with it, Pete.
    07-27-08 04:21 PM
    Pete, does crack mem take into account that the default names for some of RIM's file locations has changed with the advent of 4.5? For example, net_rim_bb_medialoader_ . . . Versions prior to 4.5 said "media" without the "loader" part
    Yes it does. Have a look in the program's help text in the WHAT DOES CRACKMEM DO AND HOW DOES IT DO IT? section and it lists every file that CrackMem handles.

If you find any that I have missed, Holler.
    07-27-08 04:23 PM
    Thanks Pete, installing now. Cant wait to try it out as I am constantly changing my OS.
    07-27-08 07:07 PM
    CrackMem was developped under XP SP2.

I only look for installed OSs on the C: drive so if you have moved Program Files to another drive then they won't be found.

If you have not done this (as most people do not) then right now, I have no idea whay CrackMem does not work on your system.

I am really sorry.
    When I reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP SP2 on this computer, it set my Windows directory to be "F:". I'm not sure why it did this other than the fact that I had Linux installed before and one partition remained that was FAT32 for windows.

Perhaps you can do something with CrackMem that looks for Program Files in the same drive that it was installed in instead of a specific search for a C: drive.
    07-27-08 09:49 PM
    Thanks. Made it simple
    07-28-08 12:02 AM
    SOOOO Awesome Pete!
    07-28-08 12:18 AM
    When I reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP SP2 on this computer, it set my Windows directory to be "F:". I'm not sure why it did this other than the fact that I had Linux installed before and one partition remained that was FAT32 for windows.

Perhaps you can do something with CrackMem that looks for Program Files in the same drive that it was installed in instead of a specific search for a C: drive.
    Yes, I can do something but it won't be until after I get back from vacation in abiut 3 weeks from today.

I should have done this when I developped it but I forgot. I actually had it written down too. It is very simple to do.
    07-28-08 12:51 PM
    Thanks Pete and enjoy your vacation.
    07-28-08 03:18 PM
    I just tried CrackMem on a broken 8800. It worked just fine. The 8800 is now working again.
    07-29-08 02:53 PM
    subscribing
    07-29-08 03:25 PM

I have been thinking about upgrading CrackMem now that it is a proper Windows application.

There are several things that could quite easily be done.

I NEED your input for this please. I do not wish to release a version of the program which contains features that are not useful or liked.

If I put in the same functionality as JL_Cmder would this be useful?
    If I did this, I would include Javaloader.exe in the install file.

What other featues would you like?
    User configuratble menus are probably not going to happen - sorry.

I am thinking about an external file that contains the files to be removed.

I am also thinking about numbering CrackMem v4.5 so as to align its functionality with OS 4.5. Again, what do you all think?

This is till my program and I reserve the right to veto - the power of the programmer but I will listen and any majority opinion will probably win out jusy so long as I do not get asked to write a program that does "Do, what I want." or, "Set, No errors." If you see what I mean.

Please let me know when you can. I am essentially out of it for a week or two whilst I am visiting my family in the UK who do not seem to have even heard of the internet and the data plan charges for foreign travle are reeeeely expensive. So if I am not online, you know why.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-29-08 at 04:36 PM.
    07-29-08 04:33 PM
    Holy crap Pete!! If you can pull of the Remove IT Policy,
    that would be such a benefit to CB members
    07-29-08 04:36 PM
    would the "load .jad file" work as an installer type thing? That would absolutely rock! I spent DAYS trying to figure out how to load a .jad file by itself.
    07-29-08 05:02 PM
    would the "load .jad file" work as an installer type thing? That would absolutely rock! I spent DAYS trying to figure out how to load a .jad file by itself.
    Well let me ride on your coat tail here and say the same. This would be great.
    07-29-08 05:13 PM
    Oh man I didn't even see that. Yeah that would absolutely rock.
    07-29-08 05:16 PM
    Pete/AG, if the ability to load .jad is implemented, does that mean CM could be used as a regular .jad installer and not just for removing unwanted debris/junk from the BB?
    07-29-08 05:34 PM
    That's what I'm thinking. That would be a huge benefit
    to those without data or who get files from say getjar.com.
    Download .jad or .jar and load it up using CM.
    07-29-08 05:43 PM
    Holy crap Pete!! If you can pull of the Remove IT Policy,
    that would be such a benefit to CB members
    Well,there are two ways of doing it. One is with Javaloader -u -resetofactory (which does not always work) and the other (which does) is explained here http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/ and I could distribute policy.bin with CrackMem and also apply the registry entry HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager\C:\Program Files\CrackMem\policy.bin. Connect your PC and off comes the IT Policy. Easy. It just took me 4 months to find it. And I needed it today on the 8800 mentioned earlier. Duh!
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-29-08 at 06:00 PM.
    07-29-08 05:49 PM
1,625 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD