Ok I got CrackMem installed on the pc . I am running v5.0.0.405 on the bold 9700 but the new version of Crackmem 3.1 only has the option for the new os. Will it work with my os? or will I have to upgrade the os first?

Thanks

DCB315
    01-06-10 03:37 PM
    Ok I got CrackMem installed on the pc . I am running v5.0.0.405 on the bold 9700 but the new version of Crackmem 3.1 only has the option for the new os. Will it work with my os? or will I have to upgrade the os first?
    The current version is 3.4 not 3.1
    01-06-10 05:32 PM

Thanks

DCB315
    I think what you're saying is the only OS CrackMem sees is the one installed on your PC. That's how it works. It's to clean the unneeded portions of your OS before it's installed, though it will help later, if you want remove additional components.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 10:24 PM
    Awesome little app.. Thanks... Just starting to play around with the rents blackberry's..
    01-22-10 01:11 AM
    i just downloaded crackmem, and it keeps telling me no os found. i just upgraded to 5.0 on the DM. Please help.
    02-13-10 12:47 AM
    i have done EVERYTHING that the help section said but still no operating system is found. what the &*^%! this seems like a very cool tool if you can use it. can someone please answer the question instead of saying "look at the help section". thank you
    02-13-10 01:27 AM
    i have done EVERYTHING that the help section said but still no operating system is found. what the &*^%! this seems like a very cool tool if you can use it. can someone please answer the question instead of saying "look at the help section". thank you
    I need to know some detail. You downloaded, and installed the OS on your PC? Can you find the OS listed in Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs?
    02-13-10 05:45 AM
    assuming this doesnt work for osx...
    02-16-10 09:27 AM
    assuming this doesnt work for osx...
    bootcamp...
    02-16-10 11:57 AM
    I am having the same problem with Crackmem that others are having

When I open it up it has no OS to choose from , not like it is pictured in the OP

My pin number for my phone is showing in DM and I have OS 4.5 which according to their help is what I need so not sure what or how to fix this

I have left DM open and then I have closed it, I have the phone connected and tried both options and still no OS shows up in the window for me to choose from to proceed to the next
    If I have to get a new OS then which one would be the right one and then do I dl it to the PC/DM or my device itself?
    Last edited by Maine-iac; 02-17-10 at 08:40 AM.
    02-17-10 08:35 AM
    I am having the same problem with Crackmem that others are having

When I open it up it has no OS to choose from , not like it is pictured in the OP

Do you have the BlackBerry OS installed as an application on your PC? If you go to Windows Control Panel, Add Remove programs, is the BlackBerry OS shown as an application? If it is not, that's the problem. Download the OS exe from the RIM site to your PC. Double-click the exe. That will install the OS so that CrackMem and the App Loader can use it.
    02-17-10 08:42 AM
    Do you have the BlackBerry OS installed as an application on your PC? If you go to Windows Control Panel, Add Remove programs, is the BlackBerry OS shown as an application? If it is not, that's the problem. Download the OS exe from the RIM site to your PC. Double-click the exe. That will install the OS so that CrackMem and the App Loader can use it.
    It says BB software for 4.6 guess I need to dl the OS, may I have the url please?

I am not sure which OS to choose from

And once I get the OS on my PC and do what you suggest above, will that muck up my blackberry, I did do a back up and synched it today just to be sure , yes I am new to all of this
    02-17-10 08:50 AM
    Here's the URL: BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

You need to download the same version or later for your device. If you have an 8310, download the 8310 OS. It is certainly possible to render your phone inop when you start working with the OS. CrackMem is safe and reliable, but there is no software that can save you from operator error. Doing a backup first is good. A DM backup won't include your apps, so you'll need to backup those separately if you have any that you can't just reinstall if needed. You won't necessarily have to reinstall anything. That's just if you have a severe problem.
    02-17-10 08:56 AM
    Here's the URL: BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

You need to download the same version or later for your device. If you have an 8310, download the 8310 OS. It is certainly possible to render your phone inop when you start working with the OS. CrackMem is safe and reliable, but there is no software that can save you from operator error. Doing a backup first is good. A DM backup won't include your apps, so you'll need to backup those separately if you have any that you can't just reinstall if needed. You won't necessarily have to reinstall anything. That's just if you have a severe problem.
    Before I start, how do I backup my apps? I did not think that was an option
    Last edited by Maine-iac; 02-17-10 at 09:20 AM.
    02-17-10 09:02 AM
    Here's a link to BBSAK. RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0. That's one option for backing up your 3rd party apps. Another option (which I have used) is described in this procedure created by Forums Moderator Crucial_Xtreme: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    02-17-10 09:24 AM
    Here's a link to BBSAK. RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0. That's one option for backing up your 3rd party apps. Another option (which I have used) is described in this procedure created by Forums Moderator Crucial_Xtreme: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    Thanks, am downloading the OS now. Majority of my apps I can get online so it is not a major issue but will check out that link, the more knowledge the better
    Crossing fingers now
    Ok now I see the OS and AppLoader is working with CrackMem, I tried to remove TYY and Push to Talk to start and they still are on my device, let me do some more looking

After much ARGH ARGH ARGH I got it working and removed vad and push to talk so got some more space, I messed up my about feature though and not sure how to fix that if it can be fixed but finally figure this out, thanks for the help Jeff
    Last edited by Maine-iac; 02-17-10 at 11:01 AM.
    02-17-10 09:26 AM
    It would be awesome if someone developed this for osx.

And don't say 'use boot camp' because I'm not gonna shell out $150 for win7. If I wanted to rin windows I wouldn't have bought an imac.

02-17-10 12:35 PM
    It would be awesome if someone developed this for osx.

And don't say 'use boot camp' because I'm not gonna shell out $150 for win7. If I wanted to rin windows I wouldn't have bought an imac.

While for the less experienced, it would be great. With time you'll get quick enough that doing it manually really becomes the way to go.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

02-17-10 09:05 PM
    Hi Pete,

Great app !
    I have OS V.5. I don't see any os to select in the left side menu of your program.
    Is it designed for it?
    Many thanks in advance,
    Jon
    02-20-10 06:56 AM
    Hi Pete,

Great app !
    I have OS V.5. I don't see any os to select in the left side menu of your program.
    Is it designed for it?
    Many thanks in advance,
    Jon
    Works fine for 5.0 too. Check Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs on your PC, and make sure your OS is not only downloaded, but that you remembered to install it.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

02-20-10 06:59 AM
    Great to see that it will work for OS 5. Just got a storm 2 and wanted to adjust it like the 8130 and the 9630 I had. Thanks Pete for all the great work.
    02-21-10 03:50 PM
    Worked nicely!!! It removed my sample pics and video, although I still have all the pre-installed ringtones/alerts. Thanks Much Pete6, your work is much appreciated.
    Last edited by Hittz; 02-22-10 at 12:46 AM.
    02-22-10 12:37 AM
    Seems that this does not work with the 9500 and OS 5.0??
    02-23-10 07:52 PM
    Seems that this does not work with the 9500 and OS 5.0??
    Works every 5.0 OS I've thrown at it, including hybrids chock full of 5.0.0.497. Are you on Vista? You'll need to right click, and enable admin rights for it. Only other hindrance I know of, would be Windows in a foreign language.

WAPers do it With A Passion

02-23-10 08:46 PM
    Hello Pete,

I downloaded CrackMem v3.4 and installed it on a Vista PC following the guideline.
    I have a Curve 8310, my desktop mgr. version is 5.0.1.28. The following message appears: "No operating system could be found"

What is wrong ?

Klaus
    02-26-10 03:17 AM
1,625 ... 5657585960 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD