- Connect your phone and make sure that Desktop Managher can connect to it. Watch for your PIN number to appear at the bottom of the Desktop Manager panel.

Um, what if desktop manager won't recognize the phone? It's a 8100 and has the 507 error, when Desktop manager starts I get a "cannot communicate with the connected Blackberry device" error and the PIN says "none".

Help?
    12-02-09 07:41 PM
    - Connect your phone and make sure that Desktop Managher can connect to it. Watch for your PIN number to appear at the bottom of the Desktop Manager panel.

Um, what if desktop manager won't recognize the phone? It's a 8100 and has the 507 error, when Desktop manager starts I get a "cannot communicate with the connected Blackberry device" error and the PIN says "none".

Help?
    Install and use CrackUtil to wipe the device, even though it already shows 507. Use the Wipe Applications button, and then close it, go to My Computer->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader, and open loader.exe and run

WAPers do it With A Passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 07:54 PM
    thanks, trying now!
    12-02-09 08:26 PM
    no luck, asks for device password and when I put it in and hit enter it gives me a "file access denied" error and appears to stop
    12-02-09 08:45 PM
    no luck, asks for device password and when I put it in and hit enter it gives me a "file access denied" error and appears to stop
    That's ok, since it's starting, it's recognizing your device. Close CrackUtil, and start loader.

12-02-09 09:08 PM
    thank you very much!
    12-04-09 09:53 AM
    good it is very good
    12-05-09 05:02 AM
    Doesnt work, am using bold 9000 on os 5 ver 411. Downloaded crackmem 3.4. choose operating system then selected modules then run selection then exit. I connect back my bold and ran app loader(also tried manually apploader.exe) and it doesnt work at all.
    12-14-09 05:30 AM
    Doesnt work, am using bold 9000 on os 5 ver 411. Downloaded crackmem 3.4. choose operating system then selected modules then run selection then exit. I connect back my bold and ran app loader(also tried manually apploader.exe) and it doesnt work at all.
    The issue is not due to CrackMem, you can verify it worked fairly easy. Go to Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion, if there's a Removed Files folder, CrackMem worked. I know you want the leaked OS on your Bold, but I think without more experience, it's a bad idea.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

12-14-09 06:28 AM
    Well, the istructions say to leave your device connected, just to kill DM while running crackmem...
    Worked good for me.

12-14-09 06:43 AM
    I plug it in, close device manager, select and confirm my OS then use the execute selection button, nothing happens. Am I missing something?

does this remove apps from the device or create a custom OS without them that I then need to reinstall?
    Last edited by Zed Leppelin; 12-14-09 at 06:58 AM.
    12-14-09 06:55 AM
    The issue is not due to CrackMem, you can verify it worked fairly easy. Go to Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion, if there's a Removed Files folder, CrackMem worked. I know you want the leaked OS on your Bold, but I think without more experience, it's a bad idea.

Which the whole point being?
    12-14-09 07:19 AM
    Well, the istructions say to leave your device connected, just to kill DM while running crackmem...
    Worked good for me.

Thank you, will try your method and hopefully it works.
    12-14-09 07:20 AM
    Making progress here lol. But everytime DM prompts me to update with 4.6 software with the mods done. Is there anyway for DM to stop downgrading my os and reinstall with ver 5 os instead???
    12-14-09 08:04 AM
    Give up! , haha been trying for 4 hours to no avail. Thanks for making this program anyway. cheers.
    12-14-09 08:17 AM
    If you are using DM 4.7 or later, it tries to connect to the internet and upgrade your OS automatically. That will defeat what you are trying to do with CrackMem. The solution is to disconnect your PC from the internet while doing the upgrade.

CrackMem was a terrific program, but it is no longer supported by the developer and may not work with OS5.0 or hybrids.
    12-14-09 09:17 AM
    If you are using DM 4.7 or later, it tries to connect to the internet and upgrade your OS automatically. That will defeat what you are trying to do with CrackMem. The solution is to disconnect your PC from the internet while doing the upgrade.

CrackMem was a terrific program, but it is no longer supported by the developer and may not work with OS5.0 or hybrids.
    That's too bad. Need some way to convince him to get involved with it again. Great program. I've used it without a hitch on every upgrade I've done...and that's a lot.

Have Storm2 now and put 5.0.0.428 on it last night. Crackman didn't work nearly as well as before. Only removed about 1/4 of what it usually removes.

Guess I'll have to figure out how to use BBSAK.
    12-15-09 07:56 AM
    is it for at&t devices only ??
    i already do the steps like in the 1st page, but when i check it with alt+esc there is still push to talk running on the background.. please help me
    12-15-09 06:15 PM
    No support for Windows 7. When I connect the phone all of the OS's are jumbled and scrambled to the point I can't see which one is which.
    12-15-09 06:28 PM
    Unfortunately CrackMem is no longer supported by the developer, so incompatibility problems are likely to worsen.

12-15-09 07:30 PM
    Hi guys, I am using Bold 9000 with OS 4.6.0.282, and Blackberry Desktop 5.0.1 and trying to use the app.

I select the checkboxes in CrackMem, execute. Then click desktop Desktop Manager, Desktop Manager starts up and it doesn't do anything but sit there. I am removed from the internet at the time.

Would it have a problem with Desktop 5?

Thanks for the help,
    Dan.
    12-15-09 07:41 PM
    I have a 9550 blackberry and I have been trying everything from crackmem to crackutil but it won't work. Am I doing something wrong? Also, all my games and bbm got wiped. I definitely have a data plan but for some reason the data won't work on my phone. I heard crackutil was supposed to work perfectly but for me, nothing works. I have been doing this for four days straight.
    12-27-09 08:56 AM
    I have a 9550 blackberry and I have been trying everything from crackmem to crackutil but it won't work. Am I doing something wrong? Also, all my games and bbm got wiped. I definitely have a data plan but for some reason the data won't work on my phone. I heard crackutil was supposed to work perfectly but for me, nothing works. I have been doing this for four days straight.
    I need more details to help you. What DM are you using? 4.6 would be my choice, and 5.0 doesn't work well with either program you're trying to use. I'm guesssing you have an unlocked device, and have switched carriers, are you attempting the at&t fix? Which OS are you installing, and which OS does your PC run on, as well as which language it's installed in.

From all the TBLers, to our CrackBerrian brethren.
    May God bless you and yours during this holiday season.

12-27-09 09:15 AM
    Hi everyone...
    I don't know if I have successfully used CrackMem, but I read everything on this thread....a couple of things:

I click the Os on the left but it is blue, not red.
    I selected everything listed and hit *Execute Selections*
    Then I closed CrackMem, and ran DM...

Running 5.0.328....about a month ago I installed 5.0 manually on my older BB Storm that is now defective and replaced by my new BB Storm that is running 5.0.328 out of the box...which means the Os is already downloaded onto this computer.

So, I followed the instructions but after a battery pull...I now see almost all of the programs I clicked with the check mark to delete??? What did I do wrong, or does
    -VZN Nav
    -Bing
    -Visual VM
    -My Verizon
    -V Cast
    -Slacker........do they all keep respawning upon deletion?
    12-29-09 07:31 PM
    Programs that are carrier-pushed will be pushed again if you delete them. All you can do is hide them, so they don't waste space on your desktop. They are just launchers and don't take much memory. If you don't run them, they won't install the program. Bing and Slacker are in that category. I'm not sure about the other programs you list.

CrackMem was originally written to remove modules from the OS while the OS was being installed on the BlackBerry. It can be used to remove some parts of an already installed OS, but there may be modules you can't remove without deleting and reinstalling the OS.

The OS color is just an error in the documentation and doesn't reflect an error in CrackMem's operation.
    12-29-09 10:02 PM
1,625 ... 5556575859 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD