I'm using the most recent version of CrackMem and DM 4.5 like recommended. I select what modules I want removed and click "Execute Selections". I'm told the Action Completed. I click Desktop Manager and and prompted with a series of updates.

Everything I selected to remove is still there. Is this not compatible with the newest OS (.282) for the Bold 9000? Using XP Pro SP3.
    Apparently it was just that particular OS release. It worked fine on the newest release. Though, it never highlighted in red. Stayed in navy. :shrugs:
    10-01-09 12:38 AM
    I followed everything as carefully as I could.
    It would neither install the new OS nor would it Wipe my BB.

I have a $400 paperweight.
    I've posted my problem here in Crackberry (under Forums/8900) for Error Messages & Un-connectable, yet all I get is "pull your battery" advice.

It's like owning a Ferrari - if it won't run, I have better things to store in my garage!
    10-07-09 07:13 AM
    are there no more updates for crackmem?
    10-07-09 07:57 AM
    my computer keeps saying no operating system can be found. What am I doing wrong?
    10-08-09 11:08 AM
    my computer keeps saying no operating system can be found. What am I doing wrong?
    You have to download your BlackBerry OS to your PC, and install it by double-clicking the exe. Then CrackMem and the App Loader can find it. You can dl the OS from your carrier's site, or from the sticky at the top of your device's forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 11:35 AM
    I have the OS installed and i still get the messege "no operating system can be found"
    what am i doing wrong? please help...
    10-08-09 10:34 PM
    im having problems with the app loader. Its saying my phone is not connected after i do the wipe. Im trying to downgrade the os from 5.0 to 4.6 on my 8900. The phone is connected and i don't know what to do next.
    10-08-09 11:43 PM
    I have the OS installed and i still get the messege "no operating system can be found"
    what am i doing wrong? please help...
    Check Windows Control Panel Add / Remove programs to be sure BlackBerry Device software is listed, as well as BlackBerry desktop software. If it isn't, you still need to install your device OS. That's the only situation where you should get the error message you are getting. If you do have your OS installed, then you've encountered an incompatibility with CrackMem and I won't be able to help you. I can't see your device on wap, but if you have a newer device an incompatibility is possible.

10-09-09 06:20 AM
    This still work with BDM5, just follow the guide and instead of loading up DM go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and run Loader.exe anf follow instructions.
    10-13-09 08:07 AM
    do i need DM 4.5 instead of 5.0?
    10-16-09 06:29 PM
    NO OPERATING SYSTEM COULD BE FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!, no detecta el crackmem, please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SE SUPONE QUE ESTAMOS EN LA WEB DEL CREADOR Y NO ES POSIBLE QUE NO DE UNA SOLUCION EXACTA ANTE ESTE PROBLEMA, YA VAMOS EN LA PAGINA 93 Y NINGUNA SOLUCION !!!
    10-21-09 07:49 AM
    - In the MODULE REMOVAL section pick as many modules to remove as you wish. Make sure that you check the box for 'Remove Vendor.xml'
    - Once you have finished slelecting, click 'Excecute Slection' and youi will see an 'Action Completed' box appear. CLick to dismiss it.
    - Click the 'Desktop Manager' button.

I am up to the last step, when I open the DM it does not load the auto update. Does any one have any advice to what I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks,
    10-23-09 09:20 AM
    NO OPERATING SYSTEM COULD BE FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!, no detecta el crackmem, please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SE SUPONE QUE ESTAMOS EN LA WEB DEL CREADOR Y NO ES POSIBLE QUE NO DE UNA SOLUCION EXACTA ANTE ESTE PROBLEMA, YA VAMOS EN LA PAGINA 93 Y NINGUNA SOLUCION !!!
    CrackMem doesn't work except on PC's installed in English.

- In the MODULE REMOVAL section pick as many modules to remove as you wish. Make sure that you check the box for 'Remove Vendor.xml'
    - Once you have finished slelecting, click 'Excecute Slection' and youi will see an 'Action Completed' box appear. CLick to dismiss it.
    - Click the 'Desktop Manager' button.

I am up to the last step, when I open the DM it does not load the auto update. Does any one have any advice to what I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks,
    Better than DM, go to your main hard drive, program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\apploader.exe, and run that.

I find it hard to believe someone can find CrackBerry using Google,
    yet couldn't find their "heat seeking moisture missile" in a speedo once they get here.

10-23-09 10:30 AM
    hey i have a 8310 curve and i was talking to an att rep and then they brought me step by step and then everything was going good on the update until it says fatal error.

so icant turn on my phone. and everytime i do anything it says JVM ERROR 513
    i cant use your crackmem and DM well i can but i cant sync it to the phone. NOTHING HAPPENS

please help
    10-28-09 03:05 AM
    hey i have a 8310 curve and i was talking to an att rep and then they brought me step by step and then everything was going good on the update until it says fatal error.

so icant turn on my phone. and everytime i do anything it says JVM ERROR 513
    i cant use your crackmem and DM well i can but i cant sync it to the phone. NOTHING HAPPENS

please help
    Quite nice of them to leave you hanging like that.

Follow the wipe section of my guide posted below, using CrackUtil to wipe the device. I sure hope they had enough sense to have you do a backup first, as I doubt you could accomplish that now. Make sure you download and install the new 8310 OS, that's posted at the top of the 83XX forum, it has a browser security patch the current AT&T OS doesn't (yes I've spoken to them about that). Follow the beginning of the guide to prep the OS for install and the proper procedure for doing so. When you get that baby back up and running, call AT&T, and kindly tell them to credit both our accounts. Ok, at least yours.

"But bacon's not the only thing that's cured by hanging from a string"
    -- Hugh Kingsmill.

10-28-09 05:59 AM
    I searched for this and couldn't find an answer. So... if it has already been addressed, please direct me to that thread / post.

I used CrackMem to install 4.5.0.138 on my Verizon 8330. I deleted all of the memory wasters. I've been using it like this for a long time and have wiped reinstalled a few times as I acquired new phones / had catastrophic failures and such. So, I'm comfortable with CrackMem and the whole process. I now want to reinstall voice activated dialing. AND I'm looking for a shortcut.

Can this be done without wiping and reinstalling the entire OS? It's a pain in the neck to do this as I have a bunch of third party apps that are always a pain to back up / reinstall. All of my custom profiles get screwed up. I was hoping to just reinstall the native voice activated dialing without going thru the hassle of the entire OS.

I went to the Blackberry web site to see if they had a download for voice activated dialing - no luck. I looked thru my pc's files to find voice activated dialing in the OS file and had no luck there - However, if I did find it I don't know exactly what I'd do once I found it.

Any help guys?
    11-04-09 11:11 PM
    I searched for this and couldn't find an answer. So... if it has already been addressed, please direct me to that thread / post.

I used CrackMem to install 4.5.0.138 on my Verizon 8330. I deleted all of the memory wasters. I've been using it like this for a long time and have wiped reinstalled a few times as I acquired new phones / had catastrophic failures and such. So, I'm comfortable with CrackMem and the whole process. I now want to reinstall voice activated dialing. AND I'm looking for a shortcut.

Can this be done without wiping and reinstalling the entire OS? It's a pain in the neck to do this as I have a bunch of third party apps that are always a pain to back up / reinstall. All of my custom profiles get screwed up. I was hoping to just reinstall the native voice activated dialing without going thru the hassle of the entire OS.

I went to the Blackberry web site to see if they had a download for voice activated dialing - no luck. I looked thru my pc's files to find voice activated dialing in the OS file and had no luck there - However, if I did find it I don't know exactly what I'd do once I found it.

Any help guys?
    Go here:

Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->RemovedFiles

Once you open the RemovedFiles folder, copy the "net rim vad" and "net rim vad resource" files that are in there. Paste them here:

Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->Shared->LoaderFiles->8330v4.5.0.138->Java

Open the Java folder and paste them there. Then go to:

Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader

Click and run loader.exe, and it will see and prompt you to install Voice Activated Dialing.
    11-05-09 04:19 AM
    thank you. great program
    11-09-09 01:58 PM
    Can I wipe my device when the glasshour of deaht is spinning again and again... If the anwser is yes..how do i do that?
    11-21-09 10:44 PM
    If your just looking to wipe personal data, CrackMem will work, but since you have a spinnig timer, I assume you want a full wipe to install a new OS. What you need is CrackUtil, and I'll post the link below. Do the info wipe, and then the application wipe.

WAPers do it With A Passion

11-21-09 10:55 PM
    very well highlighted but not clickable.
    11-26-09 08:31 PM
    I just clicked it and it took me to the thread. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you.

11-26-09 08:37 PM
    very well highlighted but not clickable.
    Just checked, and it's fine. Did you go to the very bottom of the first post?
    11-26-09 08:38 PM
    will this program work after the a wipe with jl_cmdr? im planning to wipe it, install the OS and then use crackmem to remove some of the stuff such as the preloaded junk. can anyone provide any instructions on how to do so? thanks.
    12-02-09 06:46 PM
    will this program work after the a wipe with jl_cmdr? im planning to wipe it, install the OS and then use crackmem to remove some of the stuff such as the preloaded junk. can anyone provide any instructions on how to do so? thanks.
    I would do the wipe after prepping the OS, and you can follow my guide to it all here:

WAPers do it With A Passion

12-02-09 06:52 PM
1,625 ... 5455565758 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD