Thanks a lot!!!
    08-01-09 08:55 PM
    I am having this problem too. I installed CM 3.4 and got it. Uninstalled and went back to CM 2.7 same thing. I am running Window 7 on desktop and XP on laptop. Both machines same problem. Used two different 8330's and same message

I just searched the whole of the CrackMem source files and the mesage 'No Operating System Could Be Found' does not exist in the source files anywhere. CrackMem does not care if there are no OSs installed. It will just sit there. Which program or device gave you this message please?

What OS did you install please and what OS is running on your PC?

I am puzzled by this. When we tested CrackMem we could NOT make it fail. Now there are two cases in this thread where the O is not found.

I urgently wish to fix this.

I am very sorry that you are having trouble.
    08-02-09 10:05 PM
    Sounds like the crackmem is not compatible with DM 5.0
    Was wondering that myself. Have had great results w/CrackMem until recently. I know I also have to run as administrator (in Vista OS). However, even with this, CrackMem's now inconsistent. I get the old downgrading "Docs to Go" problem occasionally. Recently, DM 5.0 re-installed my sample walls and even re-installed voice dailing (not all at the same time).

I'd go back to DM 4.6 but I recall last time I downgraded DM, it also effected the installed OS and I had a lot more work in front of me than I bargained for.
    08-03-09 03:23 PM
    Yeah, I have DM 5.0 and CrackMem isn't doing squat, unfortunately.
    08-05-09 09:41 AM
    From reading the above comments, are the following assumptions correct, please?

Using a BlackBerry Bold:

1) CrackMem will not 'work' with DM 5.0

2) CrackMem is not compatible with Windows 7 RC.

Thanks!

P.S The above two points are questions, not statements!
    08-05-09 10:22 AM
    I see that CrackMem doesn't work with DM 5.0.

What I don't understand is this. After running CrackMem (before I remembered that it didn't work w/5.0), Vendor was deleted, Docstogo was renamed to .bak, etc. So, when I go in to do it the old fashioned way, the work seems to be already done. But, obviously, it doesn't work.

What do you have to do? Delete the OS and reinstall from scratch to put the files back so you can delete them. Sounds wacky.

I also don't understand if documentstogo.alx doesn't exist on the computer at all, how is DM still saying that it wants to downgrade the program. This raises the question, is DM 5.0 reliable at all? Would we be best to go down to DM 4.7 or 4.6 and then just use CrackMem? I thought there was a major security flaw with 4.6.. maybe it was 4.5, so I'm hesitant to downgrade DM.
    08-06-09 04:46 PM
    Crackmem 3.1 wont pick up os. Desktop manager says its connected. Tried in the windows xp and vista format.
    08-11-09 12:19 PM
    I see that CrackMem doesn't work with DM 5.0.

What I don't understand is this. After running CrackMem (before I remembered that it didn't work w/5.0), Vendor was deleted, Docstogo was renamed to .bak, etc. So, when I go in to do it the old fashioned way, the work seems to be already done. But, obviously, it doesn't work.

What do you have to do? Delete the OS and reinstall from scratch to put the files back so you can delete them. Sounds wacky.

I also don't understand if documentstogo.alx doesn't exist on the computer at all, how is DM still saying that it wants to downgrade the program. This raises the question, is DM 5.0 reliable at all? Would we be best to go down to DM 4.7 or 4.6 and then just use CrackMem? I thought there was a major security flaw with 4.6.. maybe it was 4.5, so I'm hesitant to downgrade DM.
    I don't know of any security flaw with either, but 5.0 is useless with CrackMem. Use 4.6 or 4.5, then you won't have difficulties with it automatically seeking out the files CrackMem removes and replacing them. If CrackMem does it's job correctly, the DocsToGo file will be renamed .old, and DM won't try to downgrade it.

Crackmem 3.1 wont pick up os. Desktop manager says its connected. Tried in the windows xp and vista format.
    Sounds like you still need to install the OS on your PC. Click the .exe file, and it will automatically install for you. If you're not sure whether it's installed, a quick look at the programs in control panel will tell you.
    08-12-09 05:08 AM
    first, pete, your app rocks! great work!

second, hello crackberry world! learning a lot from y'all!

third... a few questions...

1. i have deleted/unchecked everything when installing the os using crackmem on a bold using bes. all apps, languages etc. have been removed. crackmem appears to have removed everything else. application mem is at 57.4 and device is at 859. my understanding reading through this thread is the app mem is 128 flash based and i can't tweak more out of the app mem. is that correct?

2. preloaded ringtones appears now empty in the media app. however when viewing all ringtones in media, i see several that i can not delete. the wallpapers/themes appear gone 100% after using crackmem. am i missing something to remove the ringtones?

i used the following os file from att/blackberry site with crackmem to install os.

9000M_PBr4.6.0_rel438_PL4.0.0.217_A4.6.0.167_AT_am p_T.exe

3. i love to tweak all products i have. is there any other suggestions to maximize the amount of memory and speed up the general response time of the bold?

i would prefer any suggestions given don't have me going back to bb folks for my enterprise activation, we are on a first name basis now ; )

thank you everyone in advance! keep up the great work pete! everyone else keep up the great community here
    08-13-09 11:04 AM
    Sigh, unless there is a new version of Crackmem compatible with DM 5.0, we are all forced to do it the old fashioned way lol it's doable, I just love the convenience of having it done in a few clicks instead of scrolling through hundreds of module files.
    08-20-09 03:22 PM
    Ditto... miss this since DM 5 came out.
    08-21-09 12:47 PM
    how do you remove this stuff manually?
    08-25-09 07:05 PM
    how do you remove this stuff manually?
    Follow the steps in the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure. It's linked in my sig. CrackMem was created to automate the advanced steps in the MOP, but you can perform them all manually by following Reed's excellent procedure.
    08-25-09 07:57 PM
    ok so i downloaded the OS and crackmem but when i open it, it says no OS found can some one help me...also has anyone who has had the MEP lock problem found out how to solve it i know its on every other thread but tis killing me that i cant figure it out
    08-27-09 06:00 PM
    ok so i downloaded the OS and crackmem but when i open it, it says no OS found can some one help me...also has anyone who has had the MEP lock problem found out how to solve it i know its on every other thread but tis killing me that i cant figure it out
    You have to download the OS for your device and install it as an app on your PC. You can find the latest version in a sticky at the top of your device forum, from your carrier's site, or from RIM. Download the OS to your desktop and double-click the exe file. That will install the OS on your PC. Then CrackMem and the DM App Loader can find and use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 10:44 PM
    It seems it's not just DM 5.0 that's a problem for Crackmem. I went back to an earlier DM for 4.6 but now that I tried OS 5.0, it also seems to be incompatible. Did I do something wrong?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 11:17 PM
    I don't think I've ever posted a link in this thread for my applicaiton unless I was replying to someone else who had mentioned it first.

I have a GUI that might help everyone if you are still fighting differing versions of DM. I have not seen any problems with my application and it is still in moderate development.

BlackBerry Master Control Program (MCP) - http://mcpfx.com/

One page is dedicated to OS Management (this page does things similarly to CrackMem), and all check boxes are "live" meaning that it monitors the original folder and the "removed" folder and displays everything correctly, even between sessions. I even went out of my way to use the same folder names as CrackMem so it wouldn't cause any headaches for existing CrackMem users.

The newest builds are only available via Live Mesh, if you want them just read about it on my site under "Documentation > Development Snapshots". Beta 9 should be ready on Sep 1.

Anyway, this has been available since last October, so I'm not coming here trying to steal anyone's thunder. I've noticed that CrackMem hasn't been updated in quite awhile and I just wanted to offer a different utility to help out users.
    08-30-09 12:08 PM
    This looks like a very interesting program... but surely it deserves its own thread?
    08-30-09 12:44 PM
    there is one, it just doesn't seem to be as visible to users. maybe an admin needs to pin it or something, not sure.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bla...-program-86600
    Last edited by sgt-d; 08-30-09 at 07:53 PM.
    08-30-09 03:14 PM
    i just posted a new build yesterday, beta 9b at http://mcpfx.com/ - just let me know if there are any problems. i won't post to this forum anymore unless it is to help with crackmem.
    09-03-09 08:22 AM
    A great help. Finally got rid of all that myfave crap.
    09-10-09 03:08 PM
    my 8320 is plugged in but when i start crackmem it says no os could be found
    09-12-09 07:52 AM
    my 8320 is plugged in but when i start crackmem it says no os could be found
    CrackMem reads the OS installed on your PC, and prepares it for install onto your device. You need to download, and then install this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...t-asia-272093/

If you follow my guide, you shouldn't have a problem accomplishing an upgrade:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/upgr...step-z-188139/
    09-12-09 07:59 AM
    thank you, that helps!
    09-12-09 08:29 AM
    thanks again pete6
    09-29-09 08:21 PM
1,625 ... 5354555657 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD