By any chance is anyone finding that the latest version of Crackmem doesn't work on 4.6.0.282.

I've used Crackmem a number of times but this time, my phone is acting as if Crackmem isn't doing anything.

>> nevermind... running MS Vista & forgot to "run as admin"

>> EDIT >> still doesn't work with this OS and Vista despite "running as admin"
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 06-20-09 at 09:15 PM.
    06-20-09 06:53 PM
    Push to talk is out of my java folder on the PC, but it's still on my blackberry when I alt through open apps.
    06-23-09 10:44 PM
    By any chance is anyone finding that the latest version of Crackmem doesn't work on 4.6.0.282.

I've used Crackmem a number of times but this time, my phone is acting as if Crackmem isn't doing anything...
    If you have run CrackMem on 4.6.0.282 once already, you will have to delete the Removed Files folder before you can run it again. CrackMem looks at the Removed Files folder, see the modules already there, and doesn't remove them on the second and subsequent uses.
    06-24-09 10:50 PM
    Push to talk is out of my java folder on the PC, but it's still on my blackberry when I alt through open apps.
    Did you run the DM App Loader after running CrackMem? Modules don't get removed from your phone until you do.
    06-24-09 10:51 PM
    can i run this without having to install an OS if i already am on the one that i want? all i want to do is remove the files i dont need to save space.
    06-25-09 12:26 AM
    It removed the modules, but when I try to update it through App Loader nothing happens?
    Very confused, this has never happened to me before.
    06-25-09 02:06 AM
    can i run this without having to install an OS if i already am on the one that i want? all i want to do is remove the files i dont need to save space.
    Yes, you can. CrackMem was originally designed to work during the OS load, but it can remove files from an existing load.

It removed the modules, but when I try to update it through App Loader nothing happens?
    Very confused, this has never happened to me before.
    If you are running CrackMem for a second time on the the OS, it will see the Removed Files folder and NOT delete the files. You have to delete the Removed Files folder before running CrackMem a second time.
    06-25-09 07:06 AM
    I had did that, and it still did not work. I really don't know what the problem is. The files were gone, but when I ran AppLoader nothing was detected as needed to be updated.

A new OS update was posted over at BBF so I installed that. Ran CrackMem, and installed the OS. Worked flawlessly on that OS.
    06-25-09 08:26 AM
    I had did that, and it still did not work. I really don't know what the problem is. The files were gone, but when I ran AppLoader nothing was detected as needed to be updated.

A new OS update was posted over at BBF so I installed that. Ran CrackMem, and installed the OS. Worked flawlessly on that OS.

Same thing happened to me on my Storm and the latest firmware 4.7.0.148. This is the order of what i did:

1. Went from 46MB to 54MB using the older Firmware 4.7.0.75 when I used Crackmem and checking most boxes (removing most of the items such as backgrounds, AIM, etc...). Worked fine for the older firmware.

2. Uninstalled 4.7.0.75 and installed 4.7.0.148. Rebooted.

3. Checked Java Folder before crackmem: 61.7MB. Wiped and installed OS, ended up with 42.3MB on device, then did battery pull and got 52.4MB on device.

4. Ran Crackmem and removed most items i did not want except games and backgrounds. Java folder now = 53.5MB (Crackmem has removed files). Wiped and installed OS, ended up with 42.8MB on device, then did battery pull and got 53MB on device.

5. This time I manually removed the backgrounds from the folder. Java folder now = 46.5MB. Wiped and installed OS, ended up with 49.8MB on device, then did battery pull and got 53.2MB on device.

It might be the new builds from RIM and not Crackmem. Can anyone confirm this? This really blows.
    06-25-09 09:40 AM
    Im still not able to download the correct version when i download the one on the first page there is not an option for the the storm. like others have asked were do i get the correct version for the storm and the one on the first page is not it....PLEASE AND THANK YOU.....
    06-27-09 05:53 PM
    Im still not able to download the correct version when i download the one on the first page there is not an option for the the storm. like others have asked were do i get the correct version for the storm and the one on the first page is not it....PLEASE AND THANK YOU.....
    There is only one version of CrackMem. It's found in the zip file on the first post. There is not a Storm-specific version. The most recent version does work with the Storm, according to the release notes. I don't have a Storm and can't test it. The problem with the Storm is that some files are locked and cannot be removed by CrackMem unless you are installing a new version of the OS. That may be what you are experiencing.,
    06-27-09 06:05 PM
    Jeff, I am on .266 now on my BlackBerry Bold 9000 and I even reinstalled the same .266 and used crackmem. It said all the preinstalled bloat pictures and ringtones were gone, but they are still on phone. If I were to downgrade to .247 and the reupgrade to .266 using crackmem would it then uninstall the preinstalled picture and music modules?
    Look back at post 1085 and the following posts. It appears Pete is aware of a problem with Bold files, but has not had time to address it. You can however remove those files manually as described in the posts that follow 1085.
    06-27-09 06:37 PM
    CrackMem is physically removing the files from your OS directory on your PC, not on the BlackBerry. Then it launches Desktop Manager to handle the BlackBerry removal. If RIM has locked the files such that DM can't remove them, CrackMem has no way of knowing it.
    06-27-09 07:43 PM
    [QUOTE=JeffH;2886491]Yes, you can. CrackMem was originally designed to work during the OS load, but it can remove files from an existing load.

About running CrackMem on a storm that already has the OS installed.

When I run the desktop manager, I see the PIN, and it will update, etc... but when I close it and run CrackMem, I get an alert that says "No operating systems could be found" and it won't let me change/delete anything.

did I read that right about it being able to modify an existing OS that's installed and running?

Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
    07-01-09 03:50 PM
    You have to have your Storm OS installed as an app on your PC before CrackMem can modify it. That's why CrackMem is reporting no OS can be found. Download the OS and double-click the exe. That will install the OS so CrackMem can use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 03:59 PM
    I'm using the most recent version of CrackMem and DM 4.5 like recommended. I select what modules I want removed and click "Execute Selections". I'm told the Action Completed. I click Desktop Manager and and prompted with a series of updates.

Everything I selected to remove is still there. Is this not compatible with the newest OS (.282) for the Bold 9000? Using XP Pro SP3.
    07-04-09 04:29 PM
    does this work with the 8900?
    07-06-09 02:04 AM
    Yes it does work for the 8900....
    07-06-09 10:06 AM
    you know in winblows vista you can simply go to the user accounts and disable the UAC.this way you don't have to go thru the trouble of running as a admin.

/edit
    just make sure you are a admin other wise it will decline turning the UAC off.usually when i build insane gaming rigs for people i give them the option if they want me to turn this feature off since people complain that it is annoying.
    07-07-09 08:06 PM
    thanks but i think something is seriously messed up bc thats not working, nor is the guide to reloading a nuked bb. when its on the rom image part it just turns off the phone and gives an error message minutes later. baaaaaaaaaah
    I have the same problem. The device wouldn't update so I removed the OS using JL_Cmder and then tried to reload a newer version using: DM 5.0 & 7.0, Apploader.exe, & crackmem; all of which was for naught.

I really hoping that there is someone out there that can help us...anyone...?
    07-08-09 05:51 AM
    A little help, how do I know if crackmem worked?
    I tried it and still see the sample pics, but don't see the sample video. When I ran it, I chose to remove preloaded wallpaper, bb sample video, ICQ, Flickr, VZ Nav, and Push to Talk, but I deleted ICQ, Flickr, and VZ Nav without crackmem. How do I know the preloaded wallpapers were deleted? And how come it won't remove the sample pics?
    07-08-09 11:57 AM
    Once the sample pix are on the Storm, Verizon locks them in a way that precludes CrackMem removing them. You can remove them when you install the OS for the first time, before they are ever on the phone, but once on the phone, they can't be removed unless you remove the OS and reinstall it, or install a newer version of the OS.
    07-08-09 02:18 PM
    I have the same problem. The device wouldn't update so I removed the OS using JL_Cmder and then tried to reload a newer version using: DM 5.0 & 7.0, Apploader.exe, & crackmem; all of which was for naught.

I really hoping that there is someone out there that can help us...anyone...?
    Figured it out! It seems the real culprit is us using a mac instead of PC to do this one. This afternoon I borrowed a guys laptop and was able to reinstall the OS...now all is right with the world.

07-08-09 04:59 PM
    Can I Use this on my Pearl 8130? Im on OS 4.5.??
    07-09-09 09:05 AM
    Yes. CrackMem will work perfectly well with OS 4.5 and your Pearl 8130.

07-09-09 10:48 PM
1,625 ... 5152535455 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD