followed all the instructions, when the install is on the 'connect to device rom' the phone turns off. whats going on?
    06-15-09 03:39 AM
    followed all the instructions, when the install is on the 'connect to device rom' the phone turns off. whats going on?
    It's normal for the screen to go blank during the process. Is that what you're describing?
    06-15-09 06:11 AM
    wow tha was some fast sheeet nice work pete amd ag thx for the help
    06-15-09 06:52 AM
    Hi,
    Quick question,does anyone know if its safe to remove the carrier theme from the os install?
    I'm going to do an upgrade tonite and I want to make sure before I do.
    Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 03:21 PM
    It is safe to remove the Carrier theme, as long as it's not the theme you are using. I removed the Verizon theme long ago. As an aside, if it was not safe to remove it, Pete would not have made it an option in CrackMem. That's why CrackMem does remove the preinstalled ringtones.

If you delete the theme you are using, your device will boot up with black and white stick figure icons. Simply reload the theme and you'll recover.

06-15-09 03:38 PM
    Thanks for your fast reply jeff!
    I'll be saying goodbye to the at&t theme since I've never used it!

06-15-09 03:51 PM
    It's normal for the screen to go blank during the process. Is that what you're describing?
    no, on the 4th task in the software update process (uploading rom or ram image) i think, it hangs forever, after turning off the phone. this continues for a few mintues, then the application loader says 'a fatal error has occured' and i must do a battery pull for my phone to turn on again. (with all my info however.
    06-16-09 05:01 AM
    If you had to interrupt the loading process for any reason, the load is almost certainly corrupt. I suggest you wipe the OS off the phone (using CrackUtil or JL_Cmder) and start over cleanly.
    06-16-09 06:07 AM
    I tried to read all 86 pages...got to the last part and found what I was looking for. If you choose not install the vendor themes can you still install 3rd party themes?

I removed all the vendor themes as directed (using something similar to this - before this was updated.) and couldn't install any 3rd party themes. Had to run DM and reinstall them.

Thanks!
    06-16-09 06:25 AM
    You can remove Carrier themes. You should not remove the BBDimension themes, because most 3rd party themes are built on one of them. If you delete them, the 3rd party themes won't work. That's what you are experiencing.
    06-16-09 06:29 AM
    TY Sir! I am trying it out on my old 8330. The key is using DM 4.5....4.7 is useless with a curve.

Thanks for the quick response.
    06-16-09 06:48 AM
    If you had to interrupt the loading process for any reason, the load is almost certainly corrupt. I suggest you wipe the OS off the phone (using CrackUtil or JL_Cmder) and start over cleanly.
    Sorry wasn't very clear before...its not me that turns off the phone, the update does...then eventually app loader says there has been a fatal error...however, all my data remains after doing a battery pull...

06-16-09 05:11 PM
    At this point, the cause of the problem doesn't matter, you're going to have to wipe off your OS and reload onto a blank device. You aren't going to be able to recover from where you are.

06-16-09 05:38 PM
    I couldn't get CrackMem to wipe my phone which is no big deal. I used JL_cmdr to wipe and CrackMem to reinstall the new CLEAN OS.

Very Nice program! Thanks for making this!
    06-16-09 09:09 PM
    i just tried to wipe my phone with crackmem...when it asked for my password after entering brickmyphone, it turned off the phone and later gave me an error message. what to do?
    06-17-09 12:42 AM
    i just used jl cmder instead and have the white screen with 507 error on the phone. but i cannot get dm to recognize the phone when i try to connect. what do i do? thanks anyone
    06-17-09 01:10 AM
    I'm not one of the Pro BB users but this is what I did.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Make sure the vendor.xml is not in the folder. If it is, delete it. Launch the App loader exe.

Try that route....Hope it helps. Myself...I had to uninstall the OS from my PC and reinstall it. Finally it worked.
    06-17-09 01:22 AM
    thanks but i think something is seriously messed up bc thats not working, nor is the guide to reloading a nuked bb. when its on the rom image part it just turns off the phone and gives an error message minutes later. baaaaaaaaaah
    06-17-09 01:32 AM
    I'm trying to to find the jl_cmdr site that I found a few days a go. The guy gives a pretty good run down on how to unbrick a phone with jl. He was saying to pull the battery with it connected to your PC and launch the apploader.exe once the '507' error came up on the phone. Wished I could help you more. Hopefully one of the more qualified people see this thread..lol
    06-17-09 02:22 AM
    Here's the wipe instructions layed out nicely by our own Crucial Xtreme.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    06-17-09 04:30 AM
    hi..ijust install crackmem..why there is no dispay for operting system??
    06-17-09 05:07 AM
    hi..ijust install crackmem..why there is no dispay for operting system??
    You need to download, and install one on your PC to be displayed.
    06-17-09 05:10 AM
    why there's no selecting operation system???
    06-18-09 04:33 AM
    okie...gotto try...thanks
    06-18-09 04:35 AM
    After downloading the OS you have to extract the files to your computer. That is the step you need to do to get this to work.

That is why I asked you to DL crackmem.
    06-18-09 10:12 AM
1,625 ... 5051525354 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD