hmm I followed the steps exactly, but it didn't remove PTT... it did however remove the sample photos/videos/etc.

hmmm

I did this using the newest 8310 OS, from indiosat or whatever it is.
    04-18-09 04:09 PM
    I tried deleting sample pictures,Voice activated dialing and some themes..And nothing has got deleted after i hit execute?
    04-18-09 07:48 PM
    I tried deleting sample pictures,Voice activated dialing and some themes..And nothing has got deleted after i hit execute?
    After you click execute, the files are moved to a newly created folder "RemovedFiles". Then you need to click the Desktop Manager link, and the Application Loader should start. That will install the new OS on your BB, without the removed files.
    04-18-09 08:02 PM
    it doesnt mess up the os correct?Just updates it like dm usually does?I spent 5 hrs messing with the os today and i dont wanna have any problems

Edit..I tried that and when i open DM nothing happens.
    Last edited by BLAZE X; 04-18-09 at 08:15 PM.
    04-18-09 08:08 PM
    it doesnt mess up the os correct?Just updates it like dm usually does?I spent 5 hrs messing with the os today and i dont wanna have any problems

Edit..I tried that and when i open DM nothing happens.
    So you've already loaded the OS on your berry? It doesn't mess up the OS, only removes things you don't want loaded on your berry. Since you probably already have it loaded on your berry, it won't just autostart. Run Application Loader when DM opens, and it should prompt you it will remove that which you have used CrackMem to remove.
    By 5 hours messing with your OS, what do you mean? I don't want you to have any problems either!!! Sounds like you already have.
    04-18-09 08:25 PM
    I went from 247 to 5.0 earlier and it took 15 minutes...Then when i tried downgrading i could not wipe the os off the phone and couldnt connect to dm..I had to do the command prompt to do the install..And even then i had to uninstall DM and re install it to do the upgrade..Complete waste of time..

Now im just trying to free up some space and get rid of these things since there just there...And yes i installed 266 finally : D
    04-18-09 08:27 PM
    I went from 247 to 5.0 earlier and it took 15 minutes...Then when i tried downgrading i could not wipe the os off the phone and couldnt connect to dm..I had to do the command prompt to do the install..And even then i had to uninstall DM and re install it to do the upgrade..Complete waste of time..

Now im just trying to free up some space and get rid of these things since there just there...And yes i installed 266 finally : D
    Just paid attention to your device. I'm not sure whether CrackMem will be effective for that or not. You can easily see by checking the folder on your PC, and seeing which files have been moved, if any. You'll find them in the "RemovedFiles" folder here:

If the files and apps you want removed are not in the folder, you have 2 options. You can manually remove them from your Java folder and rerun App Loader, or you can use MaxMem to remove them. MaxMem is the simple solution, but I have to stress, you can remove ANYTHING with it! Be very very careful to only remove the things you have listed that CrackMem would have been able to remove. It's easy to get a little excited and go hog wild, but some things that seem unnecessary you will find in reality are. The good thing is, everything will still be in your Java folder, so as long as you don't brick it, you'll be able to put anything back you remove. You've got a Bold, you really don't need to free any memory space as it is, so tread lightly. Either process, read read read, and then execute!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/max...editing-48056/
    04-18-09 08:43 PM
    I appreciate the informative post wolf....That should be plenty of information to get me where i want to be,I will be attempting this tonight after i watch the UFC or tomorrow...

Thanks again man,Ill post back here tomorrow and ill let u know if i the OS makes it out alive...lol
    04-18-09 08:58 PM
    I used to remove my application from : Option>Advance Option>Application then choose the application that wanna be removed. Is it differe with your step?

thank
    04-20-09 03:52 AM
    I used to remove my application from : Option>Advance Option>Application then choose the application that wanna be removed. Is it differe with your step?

thank
    CrackMem and MaxMem are used to remove files and apps that cannot be removed through to options menu. CrackMem is a "do no harm" program, you can't brick your berry with it's use. MaxMem is designed for people who either don't have access to a Windows PC, or want to go beyond CrackMem capabilities.
    04-20-09 04:24 AM
    is it safe to delete carrier themes, vendor.xml, push to talk, VAD, TTY, and the preloaded pics/wallpaper/music on my Curve 8310 using CrackMem? i heard
    somewhere its dangerous to remove the themes...it could cause problems with themes you may purchase or something like that...anyways...

i could be totally wrong just what i heard. I would love some answers form the crackberry nation!! lol
    04-20-09 05:28 PM
    is it safe to delete carrier themes, vendor.xml, push to talk, VAD, TTY, and the preloaded pics/wallpaper/music on my Curve 8310 using CrackMem? i heard somewhere its dangerous to remove the themes...it could cause problems with themes you may purchase or something like that...anyways...

i could be totally wrong just what i heard. I would love some answers form the crackberry nation!! lol
    You heard correctly. Many 3rd party themes are based on the BBDimension themes that come with your phone. If you delete the BBDimension themes, 3rd party themes based on them won't work. You should also not delete the theme you are currently using. For example, if you are using your carrier theme, change to one of the BBDimension themes before you delete the carrier theme. As long as you are not using it, you can delete the carrier theme. All the rest of the files you list are safe to delete as well.

CrackMem has a "Put It Back" function that will restore anything you delete. The files aren't really deleted, just moved away from the directory where the OS Loader expects to find them.
    04-20-09 06:14 PM
    You heard correctly. Many 3rd party themes are based on the BBDimension themes that come with your phone. If you delete the BBDimension themes, 3rd party themes based on them won't work. You should also not delete the theme you are currently using. For example, if you are using your carrier theme, change to one of the BBDimension themes before you delete the carrier theme. As long as you are not using it, you can delete the carrier theme. All the rest of the files you list are safe to delete as well.

CrackMem has a "Put It Back" function that will restore anything you delete. The files aren't really deleted, just moved away from the directory where the OS Loader expects to find them.
    Well thanks!! I am off to try it now!!!!
    04-21-09 08:30 AM
    That error message simply means you don't have your BlackBerry OS installed on your PC. Download 4.5.0.10 from your carrier's site to your PC's desktop. It will be an exe file. Double-click the exe and the OS will be installed as an application on your PC. Then CrackMem and Desktop Manager can see it.
    Actually, I'm having the same problem. I downloaded the desktop manager and it shows as my BOLD being connected with the PIN and everything. I run the program (CrackMem) and I receive the "device not connected" message and when it loads, the device is not listed.
    Last edited by Linda_SoCal; 04-21-09 at 11:30 AM.
    04-21-09 11:22 AM
    hey everyone i was woundering if anyone could tell me were i could find the crackmem or maxmem programs i have been looking for awhile and only have found crackutility thanks
    04-21-09 12:09 PM
    Does this not work with Device Manager v4.7?
    04-21-09 06:20 PM
    hey everyone i was woundering if anyone could tell me were i could find the crackmem or maxmem programs i have been looking for awhile and only have found crackutility thanks
    CrackMem's download link is at the bottom of the first post on this thread. Follow the red type. MaxMem can be found here:
    MaxMem - Free Memory Optimizer - Free 5MB Of Space! | BerryReview.com �
    Be careful if you use this! Really and I mean it!!!

Does this not work with Device Manager v4.7?
    Yes, it should work with 4.7, just be sure it's not set to auto-update through the internet, or unplug your PC from the web before running. Are you saying CrackMem is telling you the device is not connected?
    Last edited by BigBadWolf; 04-21-09 at 06:43 PM.
    04-21-09 06:36 PM
    Are you saying CrackMem is telling you the device is not connected?
    Yep. And I verified with my device manager or what not... so I should NOT be online while using the program?
    04-21-09 07:29 PM
    CrackMem it doesn't matter. As long as it detects your OS it will work. DM yes, if it's set to autoupdate, everything you remove with CrackMem will be reinserted.
    Where is CrackMem saying your device is not connected? Can you post a screen shot?
    04-21-09 08:44 PM
    Sure, here it is:

This pops up before the program itself actual loads/starts/opens
    04-21-09 09:11 PM
    That's no OS, not not connected. You need to click on the OS download, then it will install on your PC. Then CrackMem will see it.
    04-21-09 09:14 PM
    I used crackmem yesterday to do an upgrade. The upgrade was giving me problems so I decided to downgrade and I would retry today. But today crackmem is not working for me. DM sees my phone and the pin is there. But when I push the DM button in crackmem the pin says none. Any ideas?
    04-23-09 12:07 PM
    I used crackmem yesterday to do an upgrade. The upgrade was giving me problems so I decided to downgrade and I would retry today. But today crackmem is not working for me. DM sees my phone and the pin is there. But when I push the DM button in crackmem the pin says none. Any ideas?
    Having the same problem, launching DM or App Loader from CrackMem and it doesn't detect my Bold. Launching either outwith CM and no problem.
    04-23-09 02:54 PM
    hello
    i just downloaded crackmem to my computer (not extracted yet )all i want to do is remove the pre installed wallpapers and videos from my 8900 is there any special instructions to follow(allot to read here) first besides backup first, will it detect my os 4.6.1.206 to delete files
    thx
    04-24-09 05:29 PM
    There are no special instructions needed. CrackMem's help file is outstanding. If you've never installed your BlackBerry os as an app on your PC, you'll have to do that before CrackMem can remove components from it. You can download the os from your carrier's site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 07:18 PM
1,625 ... 4546474849 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD