Disconnect from the internet. DM 4.7 is checking on line to see if there is an update and is not finding one. That's why nothing is happening.
    04-06-09 01:23 PM
    Excellent tool Pete , however when i run the program, it indicates that i have no operating system installed. I�m sure i have installed at least 2 types of OS for BB8100 and 1 OS for BB9000. what could be happening?. I want to delete the file vendor.xml to install a new version of OS 4.5.0.124 and replace 4.5.0.55 on my BB8100 (vodafone) because it seems to be corrupt. It�s very slow, and cannot activate mass storage on it because the prompt never appear. thanks a lot.
    04-06-09 05:01 PM
    does this actually erase anything?

b/c when i open up wallpapers they're all still there
    04-08-09 04:31 PM
    Hello, I have a spanish version of WinXP installed, and crackmem can not find the BB Os installation. I've tried many things, including making a shadow folder called Program Files on C:\ and copying all RIM folders in there. No luck. I've re installed DM 4.7. Using OS 4.6 for a flipberry 8220.
    04-09-09 03:15 AM
    Excellent tool Pete , however when i run the program, it indicates that i have no operating system installed. I�m sure i have installed at least 2 types of OS for BB8100 and 1 OS for BB9000. what could be happening?. I want to delete the file vendor.xml to install a new version of OS 4.5.0.124 and replace 4.5.0.55 on my BB8100 (vodafone) because it seems to be corrupt. It�s very slow, and cannot activate mass storage on it because the prompt never appear. thanks a lot.

Chances are you've not opened desktop manager first and had it recognize your berry. I presume since you have multiple OS on your PC, that you've successfully used DM to upgrade before.

does this actually erase anything?

b/c when i open up wallpapers they're all still there
    I believe Pete made some changes in the latest version for the 8900, not sure if he's updated to remove the preloads on Storms yet. There's a possible reason they're still there if he has. Turn off the auto-update feature in DM 4.7, or disconnect your PC from the internet. You'll know if CrackMem worked because they'll be a "removed" folder in your C: program files\common files\research in motion folder. You may have to remove your wallpaper manually.

Hello, I have a spanish version of WinXP installed, and crackmem can not find the BB Os installation. I've tried many things, including making a shadow folder called Program Files on C:\ and copying all RIM folders in there. No luck. I've re installed DM 4.7. Using OS 4.6 for a flipberry 8220.
    Since the OS didn't install on your C drive, copying them there didn't solve it. I was wondering if that would work! Try uninstalling and reinstalling the OS. Now that you have a C drive folder for it, have it install onto C, that might be the ticket.
    04-09-09 04:21 AM
    If the Spanish version of WinXP renames Windows folders, that's your problem. CrackMem only supports the English language version of Windows. See Post #1075 in the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...ml#post1957930
    04-09-09 05:56 AM
    Pete man props for putting this out. i just updated this morning and it couldn't have gone any smoother. Thanks a lot!!
    04-09-09 08:39 AM
    Jeff, yeah I bet other language installs have the same problem. And I see the author can't really solve them all.
    What comes to mind is, windows itself states where the OS and program files is found, on the variable:
    C:\Archivos de programa\ (equivalent to program files)

So, could we not enter a path variable in there to help crackmem find the BB OS files, there, or in the manually created Program Files?

And yes all the installation is on C: I could re install in english but not with the same CD, the orig. WinXP is spanish only.
    04-10-09 01:04 PM
    Hi, having trouble finding a copy of crackmem. can you please point me in the right direction. really need to get rid of this junk on my 8320. and having a tough time finding crackmem.
    thank you.
    04-15-09 01:07 PM
    Hi, having trouble finding a copy of crackmem. can you please point me in the right direction. really need to get rid of this junk on my 8320. and having a tough time finding crackmem.
    thank you.
    The zip file is at the bottom of the first post in this thread. Welcome to CB !!
    04-15-09 01:09 PM
    From what i know, Crackmem is suppose to clear that junk off your blackberry that you don't want. if anyone know where i can find it. it would be greatly apprecated.

thank you.
    04-15-09 01:09 PM
    thank you.
    Look at the first post in this thread. The download is there. If you are accessing via wap, you won't be able to see it. If you are on a PC, it is obvious. You have to run it on a PC, so it doesn't matter that you can't see it from WAP.
    04-15-09 01:10 PM
    Thanks rockigirl. I will check that out.
    thank you
    04-15-09 01:11 PM
    Thank you Jeff. Appreciate the help. Great site.
    04-15-09 01:13 PM
    Sorry if this has already been covered, but is there a CrackMem user guide for linear thinkers out there anywhere?
    04-16-09 01:56 PM
    Sorry if this has already been covered, but is there a CrackMem user guide for linear thinkers out there anywhere?
    What would you like help with? There's a lot written, on a lot of forums, but there are so many people here capable of guiding you through it.
    04-16-09 09:01 PM
    ok so i download the zip file in the beginning, problem is when i run it, it says: No Operating system found. even when my Blackberry is connected. it doesn't acknowledge it. I have a 8320 and my Version is 4.5.0.10, Platform 2.7.0.40. Does anyone have a idea why this is happening? Do I need to use another version of crackmem?
    04-17-09 02:23 PM
    That error message simply means you don't have your BlackBerry OS installed on your PC. Download 4.5.0.10 from your carrier's site to your PC's desktop. It will be an exe file. Double-click the exe and the OS will be installed as an application on your PC. Then CrackMem and Desktop Manager can see it.
    04-17-09 02:25 PM
    I think I still have the OS Exe file from when I did the Update. I will try that. Thank You Jeff.
    04-17-09 02:32 PM
    What would you like help with? There's a lot written, on a lot of forums, but there are so many people here capable of guiding you through it.
    ok so i download the zip file in the beginning, problem is when i run it, it says: No Operating system found. even when my Blackberry is connected. it doesn't acknowledge it. I have a 8320 and my Version is 4.5.0.10, Platform 2.7.0.40. Does anyone have a idea why this is happening? Do I need to use another version of crackmem?
    My point, exactly.
    I don't see any sort of step-by-step instructions for this thing.
    How would someone know this unless they browsed around here or asked questions?

Not a complaint by any means......free is great and I would never put it down, regardless of lack of coherent documentation.

Still.
    04-17-09 03:14 PM
    I'm sorry you're having problems. Did you look at the help file? It is exceptionally well-written. If you can't figure out how to use CrackMem after reading it, you really don't need to try to use it. Get more familiarity with your device first. Read the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. CrackMem automates the more advanced steps in that procedure. Once you understand the MOP, the operation of CrackMem will be straightforward.
    04-17-09 03:22 PM
    Here, I made this for the 8100, but the basics still apply to all others.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/upgr...step-z-188139/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 03:26 PM
    I'm sorry you're having problems. Did you look at the help file? It is exceptionally well-written. If you can't figure out how to use CrackMem after reading it, you really don't need to try to use it. Get more familiarity with your device first. Read the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. CrackMem automates the more advanced steps in that procedure. Once you understand the MOP, the operation of CrackMem will be straightforward.
    Doh! Once again I've posted before checking my surroundings.....somehow, I didn't even consider opening the help file since they are usually pretty bogus.

Sorry.
    I will check that next.

Here, I made this for the 8100, but the basics still apply to all others.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Cool. Thanks.
    04-17-09 03:30 PM
    I should have made some time earlier to report but on a t-mo 8220 (flip) removing media files gets the outside screen to only show t-mobile's logo - no clock, caller info, sms preview, etc. Maybe the developer could put a warning in the program - just check the 8220 forum to see the number of confused users that try to do battery pulls, etc :-)
    04-17-09 04:18 PM
    I should have made some time earlier to report but on a t-mo 8220 (flip) removing media files gets the outside screen to only show t-mobile's logo - no clock, caller info, sms preview, etc. Maybe the developer could put a warning in the program - just check the 8220 forum to see the number of confused users that try to do battery pulls, etc :-)
    I did a quick read. Looks like they're deleting the theme's. If you remove the preloaded theme's on any BB, you'll get those results.
    04-17-09 07:10 PM
1,625 ... 4445464748 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD