Can someone help. I clicked on the Crackmen.zip file to down load it and received the error: Cannot open file it does not appear to be a valid archive. Do anyone know what the error mean?
    May be your anti-virus, I just checked and it downloaded fine. What are you using?
    03-26-09 10:51 PM
    I have installed CrackMem and when I launch the app with my storm connected to my PC I receive the error "No operationing system could be found. Desktop manager does see my Storm
    03-27-09 01:39 PM
    You need to download an OS and install it on your PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 01:45 PM
    i tried this but it did not wipe anything from my phone, i thought it would do a delte of the OS then reinstall it. it didn't..did i do something wrong?
    03-30-09 05:16 PM
    Im running V3.4 with latest beta .199 (8900 Javelin OS) installed and still getting the "No OS Found"....
    Any idea?
    all running on XP Sp3
    03-31-09 05:08 PM
    just wanted to make sure this program wont delete my default ringtones when i try to delete the sample walls/music/etc.
    03-31-09 05:37 PM
    just wanted to make sure this program wont delete my default ringtones when i try to delete the sample walls/music/etc.
    It will not. That issue is covered in the help file, which is worth reading for general information, as well as specific help. It's very well written.

03-31-09 05:49 PM
    It will not. That issue is covered in the help file, which is worth reading for general information, as well as specific help. It's very well written.

thank you for the response. reading the helpfile now
    03-31-09 06:16 PM
    After I close Desktop Manager (my 8100 was recognized and the PIN was listed in bottom left corner) and then open CrackMem, i keep getting the message that no Operating systems have been found. Anyone know whats going on with that?
    04-02-09 03:29 AM
    I'm going to assume you downloaded an OS onto your PC. You simply need to click on that downloaded file to execute it's install onto your PC. Then when you open CrackMem it will find it.

04-02-09 03:55 AM
    having some issues removing some files.
    after reading the help files in crackmem, and using Rooster post found [url=http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/newb-guide-1-using-crackmem-gain-app-memory-142376/]here[url], i was successful in removing the sample pics/song/movie.
    however, even tho i had checked the boxes in crackmen to remove a lot of other apps (such as facebook, flikr, etc) they still showed up on my install.

i went from .75 to .113

far as i can tell, i did everything right (per the instructions found here and Roosters thread, and im kinda stumped as to why those applications are still showing up. would love to get them removed since i never used them.

any help would be greatly appreciated
    04-03-09 07:56 AM
    Which DM are you using?

04-03-09 08:01 AM
    im using DM 4.7 (gotta use the most up-to-date right?)
    04-03-09 08:05 AM
    I'm on WAP, based on your OS I'm presuming you have a storm. You need to disconnect your internet or disable the live update feature when using that DM and modifying your OS.

04-03-09 08:12 AM
    Internet is killed so I guess I need to check on that live update thing.

04-03-09 08:25 AM
    I've killed my internet connection so I guess I will have to check on that live update thing.

04-03-09 08:54 AM
    Hey there

This is currently a 66 pg post and I've been thru the first 4 pgs and the last and cannot locate the download link "at the end of this post" for this app.

Furthermore if it was once at the end and then the post got longer it's no longer at the end. Can someone simply link and sticky it to the TOP of the post so those with average skills can find the damn thing. That would be great!

04-05-09 10:46 AM
    Hey there

This is currently a 66 pg post and I've been thru the first 4 pgs and the last and cannot locate the download link "at the end of this post" for this app.

Furthermore if it was once at the end and then the post got longer it's no longer at the end. Can someone simply link and sticky it to the TOP of the post so those with average skills can find the damn thing. That would be great!

The link is at the very bottom of post #1. You can't see it because you're on WAP. You have to download it using a PC. It runs on a PC, not your BB. Log onto the forums from a PC and you will find it easily.
    04-05-09 11:08 AM
    can you utilize crackmem to delete applications without installing an OS in the process?
    04-05-09 01:59 PM
    can you utilize crackmem to delete applications without installing an OS in the process?
    CrackMem requires an OS in order to execute it's function. It takes files from the OS you want installed, and moves them to a "Removed" folder. There they sit in safe keeping, incase you wish to return them to your berry. Then, when Desktop Manager is executed, it loads the files that remain. Leaving you with a smaller memory footprint.

You can use MaxMem to delete apps directly from your berry, that you cannot access from options, but it's a dangerous process in the wrong hands. You are easily capable of deleting necessary files, if your not careful. Also, since they are deleted directly from your berry, you would need PC access to reload apps if something goes amiss.
    04-05-09 02:20 PM
    I installed this, but I cant seem to get CrackMem to "see" my phone. Id really like to remove the John Mayer video and preloaded pics, music, etc...
    04-05-09 06:33 PM
    CrackMem sees your OS, Desktop Manager sees your phone. That's why you need to be sure DM shows your pin before you open CrackMem. If the OS isn't showing, either you didn't have DM recognize your BB or you haven't installed your OS on your PC.
    04-05-09 06:46 PM
    I followed the instructions from the first post, but it would never see my OS. What do you mean install my OS on my PC?

04-05-09 11:32 PM
    Download the OS you want to install from the RIM site or your carrier's site to your PC desktop. The OS downloads as an exe file, with a name like "8830EFS_PBr4[1].2.2_rel364_PL3.0.0.84_A4.2.2.196.exe" Yours will be similar in format. Double-click on this file on your PC desktop. That will install it as an application on your PC. You'll see it when you look in the Windows Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs pane. It will have a name like "BlackBerry v4.2.2 for the 8830 Series Wireless Device." Once you've done that, CrackMem and the App Loader can see your OS and work with it.
    04-06-09 06:11 AM
    Downloaded the OS, Installed.

Open crackmem and verified the OS.

Made the selections to remove XXX

Clicked execute selections. Actions Completed. Fine.

When i click on desktop manager in Crackmem, the DM(4.7) opens but doesnt install the OS

any help?
    04-06-09 12:15 PM
1,625 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD