well after trying a few times with CrackMem I decided to use JL_Cmder and was able to wipe my phone and get the 507 error. I am really not sure why I could get my phone to wipe with CrackMem.
    03-14-09 03:21 PM
    That is absolutely true. The German language of Windows renames a number of folders and this is why CrackMem will not work.

I have no plans to include other languages but US English into CrackMem. Sorry. I already have enough to do, thanks.
    I can fully understand your opinion on this one but still am eager to user your great software ;-)

I see 2 options:

1st:
    You hounorably integrate a "point-to-option" through which I can manually tell the programm where the files in windows are located.

2nd.
    You tell me under which English folders crackmem is estimating the files, I just ad these in my German Windows and then copy over the needed data from the German folders.

Do you see one these work?

Thanks for your help!
    RH
    03-15-09 12:25 AM
    How do I use CrackMem to install a new OS if I have wiped my phone first? As I understand it, the only way to install a new OS after a wipe is to use Apploader. Once I use Apploader I do not think I can also use CrackMem?
    03-15-09 12:33 AM
    How do I use CrackMem to install a new OS if I have wiped my phone first? As I understand it, the only way to install a new OS after a wipe is to use Apploader. Once I use Apploader I do not think I can also use CrackMem?
    Use CrackMem to delete the preload files and apps you don't want. Then click the Desktop Manager on CrackMem to launch the Apploader and install your trimmed down OS. Be sure to do a back up first. There is also a Wipe button on CrackMem, by the way. It's loaded with all the tools you need to do an upgrade
    03-15-09 06:06 AM
    Use CrackMem to delete the preload files and apps you don't want. Then click the Desktop Manager on CrackMem to launch the Apploader and install your trimmed down OS. Be sure to do a back up first. There is also a Wipe button on CrackMem, by the way. It's loaded with all the tools you need to do an upgrade
    Thank you for the reply. But once I wipe my phone, DM no longer is able to connect to it so I cant upgrade the new OS. I have to go into the AppLoader folder and manually start the Loader program.
    03-15-09 07:34 AM
    I presume you used jl commander then. Guess I should have asked first, most use wipe device on their BB. You can still use CrackMem to remove the unnecessary files. After you execute CrackMem, then launch apploader.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-15-09 07:47 AM
    I presume you used jl commander then. Guess I should have asked first, most use wipe device on their BB. You can still use CrackMem to remove the unnecessary files. After you execute CrackMem, then launch apploader.

Thanks again. When I first run Crackmem and try to delete some of the files I noticed that they are still there in the Loader Files folder. When I re-install the OS via AppLoader the things I checked to be removed by Crackmem still gets loaded on my phone. Any ideas?
    03-15-09 10:14 AM
    Thanks again. When I first run Crackmem and try to delete some of the files I noticed that they are still there in the Loader Files folder. When I re-install the OS via AppLoader the things I checked to be removed by Crackmem still gets loaded on my phone. Any ideas?
    It appears that Pete has some things to do to get CrackMem completely working with the Bold OS. I'm not sure which DM version your using, but 4.7 might be the problem. If your using 4.6 then until Pete gets CrackMem up to speed with the Bold, you can follow this guide to rid yourself of whatever CrackMem won't.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    All of the preloaded sample pics and videos should be safe, along with VAD and other apps. I'd just stay away from deleting fonts and ringtones. Hope I've been of help.
    03-15-09 10:37 AM
    It appears that Pete has some things to do to get CrackMem completely working with the Bold OS. I'm not sure which DM version your using, but 4.7 might be the problem. If your using 4.6 then until Pete gets CrackMem up to speed with the Bold, you can follow this guide to rid yourself of whatever CrackMem won't.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    All of the preloaded sample pics and videos should be safe, along with VAD and other apps. I'd just stay away from deleting fonts and ringtones. Hope I've been of help.
    Thank you for all you help BigBadWolf. I just ended up deleting the files form the Java file the old fashioned way. I looked up what CrackMem has deleted in past OS upgrades I did and just manually deleted those.
    03-15-09 12:16 PM
    Thank you for all you help BigBadWolf. I just ended up deleting the files form the Java file the old fashioned way. I looked up what CrackMem has deleted in past OS upgrades I did and just manually deleted those.
    Glad to hear it worked out for you!

03-15-09 12:21 PM
    You are right. I do have things to do with Crackmem. The problem is that I do not have the time right now. My life is, well, interesting at the moment.

Please tell me exactly which files need removing and I will try and get it done.

If therw are any Delphi programmers out there then I will make the sources available to them.

I am in the process of selling my business, selling my house, visiting my 92 year old Mom in hospital and mother-in-law in the UK (I live in Switzerland), visiting my son in the USA and moving to the UK, renovating my house in the UK and Easter is coming so that is another trip, buying property in the IS. And I am working full time.

LIfe is NOT boring ritght now. If there is any help out there for CrackMem, I'll take it.
    03-16-09 08:56 PM
    Hey Pete6,
    Wish I could volunteer my help with programming, but I'd be of little use. Sounds like you have plenty to do yourself right now. I would be focused on my life and family if I were you. If I made it appear that you were lacking, because they were having trouble with CrackMem, that was not my intent. I'm just glad I could help a little, although I'm positive JeffH and Reed provide much more constructive help. I can only speak for myself, but IMO, take your time. They can always free up more memory later. Heck the devices having difficulties have a ton of memory to play with loaded, compared to my Pearl stripped! G_d be with you and your family.
    03-16-09 09:15 PM
    I can fully understand your opinion on this one but still am eager to user your great software ;-)

I see 2 options:

1st:
    You hounorably integrate a "point-to-option" through which I can manually tell the programm where the files in windows are located.

2nd.
    You tell me under which English folders crackmem is estimating the files, I just ad these in my German Windows and then copy over the needed data from the German folders.

Do you see one these work?

Thanks for your help!
    RH
    @Pete6

1st of all good luck with all that moving around the world you have to cope with ;-)

2nd:

Do you see any of the options above?

THX in advance and once again best wishes for your definitely not boring life!
    RH
    03-18-09 12:45 AM
    @Pete6

1st of all good luck with all that moving around the world you have to cope with ;-)

2nd:

Do you see any of the options above?

THX in advance and once again best wishes for your definitely not boring life!
    RH
    RH, if you read through posts 1084 and 1085 above, and PM tboooe to find out which files he moved from his java folder, you should be successful. tboooe couldn't get CrackMem to delete them with the files on the english version of windows, so there's got to be something more complicated going on here than meets the eye. Or if you can wait a couple days, I'm going to look into the file locations and see what I can do about placement, etc.
    03-18-09 03:59 AM
    RH, if you read through posts 1084 and 1085 above, and PM tboooe to find out which files he moved from his java folder, you should be successful. tboooe couldn't get CrackMem to delete them with the files on the english version of windows, so there's got to be something more complicated going on here than meets the eye. Or if you can wait a couple days, I'm going to look into the file locations and see what I can do about placement, etc.
    Great, I guess I will choose the 2nd option of yours ;-)

Thanks very much in advance!
    RH
    03-18-09 11:43 PM
    Great, I guess I will choose the 2nd option of yours ;-)

Thanks very much in advance!
    RH
    I don't blame you. Thanks to tboooe's hard work, I should be able to post a nice guide for you BOLDites in a couple days. That is unless someone with a Bold, that's cleaned up their memory, would like to beat me to it....
    03-19-09 03:53 AM
    I still cannot get Voice Activated Dialing and PTT to be removed from my phone using Crackmem.

I have followed all instructions to the detail. I have a Curve 8310 by ATT and I'm using DM 4.6. My OS is 4.5.0.124

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also, I have already posted my results when trying to use this program back around page 65-68. (Somewhere in there)
    03-19-09 12:19 PM
    I still cannot get Voice Activated Dialing and PTT to be removed from my phone using Crackmem.

I have followed all instructions to the detail. I have a Curve 8310 by ATT and I'm using DM 4.6. My OS is 4.5.0.124

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also, I have already posted my results when trying to use this program back around page 65-68. (Somewhere in there)
    Are you trying to remove PTT from an os already installed on your BB? If so, downgrade your os, then run CrackMem on your 4.5.0.124 os and install it again, as an upgrade.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    03-19-09 09:34 PM
    How do you load an OS after you wipe your Berry? Do you just hook it back up and double click on loader.exe?
    03-24-09 01:17 AM
    How do you load an OS after you wipe your Berry? Do you just hook it back up and double click on loader.exe?
    Leave your BB plugged in. After you execute the wipe device from CrackMem, it should start the installation of your selected OS for you. If you disconnect, you can try to use CrackMem, Desktop Manager, or loader.exe, but if your pin isn't recognized, your going to have to use dos to execute a load, explained here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    03-24-09 04:24 AM
    Thanks!!! Good to know!!!
    03-24-09 10:43 AM
    Hi to all and thank you for this community.
    I have a question, did somebody extract the ringtones from Bold 9000? I appreciate if somebody do that.
    Namaste
    Elena
    03-26-09 04:06 AM
    Hi to all and thank you for this community.
    I have a question, did somebody extract the ringtones from Bold 9000? I appreciate if somebody do that.
    Namaste
    Elena
    If you mean removing the preloaded ringtones, that can be a bad thing. Probably best to simply leave those alone.
    03-26-09 04:24 AM
    If you mean removing the preloaded ringtones, that can be a bad thing. Probably best to simply leave those alone.
    Hi BigBadWolf

No, I have a Bold device and a HTC Touch HD, I would like the same ringtones on my HTC Device.
    I have found here or it was in a other forum somebody that extract it from a BlackBerry Model but not from "Bold 9000", the sound are different.

Did somebody extract the ringtone?
    Namaste
    Elena
    03-26-09 06:30 AM
    Can someone help. I clicked on the Crackmen.zip file to down load it and received the error: Cannot open file it does not appear to be a valid archive. Do anyone know what the error mean?
    03-26-09 09:27 PM
1,625 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD