These are NOT actual apps; they are icons provided by service books. The only thing you can do is hide them. Every time service books are pushed thru by your carrier, you will see these icons.
    Yes i did notice that after i made the post, kinda annoying that they make theese non optional but oh well hide works ok i guess..
    03-11-09 04:28 PM
    In Vista 64bit (SP2) the "run as administrator" option is greyed out. That is probably already noted somewhere in the preceeding 1052 messages but ...........
    03-11-09 06:01 PM
    When using CrackMem how do you get the preinstalled wallpapers and sample music from your device. I have the Bold and using the DM 4.6. I have tried several times and no luck. When I hook my phone to the DM and it goes through the process it starts loading something called net_rim_bb_medialoader****** anyone have any suggestions. Thanks in advance
    03-11-09 11:53 PM
    Just back from vacation - overnight Newark to Geneva - Ugghhh. Please give me a few days to catch up on my Crackberry (and other boring stuff, like household bills) reading and I will see what needs doing to my program and then I will do it.
    03-12-09 02:26 AM
    Just back from vacation - overnight Newark to Geneva - Ugghhh. Please give me a few days to catch up on my Crackberry (and other boring stuff, like household bills) reading and I will see what needs doing to my program and then I will do it.

Hope you had a GREAT vacation and paying bills is very borning. I really could use some help removing the sample pictures from my Bold. I have windows vista, DM 4.6 and OS 4.6.0.247 and I know the program will remove them because I have seen it done on a friends Bold. What ever I checked to be removed is in the removed folder..... Thanks for your help
    03-13-09 06:48 AM
    When i confirm my OS the lettering is blue. Is this a problem? Hesitating on this till i know. THe OS is on the phone, just trying to remove some of the blaot.
    03-13-09 10:20 AM
    Where can I find the link to the latest crackmem? I am going to try this tonight. I have never upgraded an OS before. Is crackmen hard to follow? Is there any options I need to click as I go or does it just delete everything on its own? Thanks.
    03-13-09 10:53 AM
    Where can I find the link to the latest crackmem? I am going to try this tonight. I have never upgraded an OS before. Is crackmen hard to follow? Is there any options I need to click as I go or does it just delete everything on its own? Thanks.

Go to he bottom of the first posting in thread. Very easy to do, jsut follow the steps.
    03-13-09 11:47 AM
    Go to he bottom of the first posting in thread. Very easy to do, jsut follow the steps.
    Are there intructions as you go, or are you talking about instructions in this post? Thanks.
    03-13-09 12:49 PM
    what does this basically do?
    03-13-09 08:33 PM
    what does this basically do?
    Makes it easy to delete vendor file, delete preloaded media, delete unused apps, change docstogo extention, wipe device and open DM to upgrade. In other words, it will simplify upgrading and free up memory.
    03-13-09 08:49 PM
    Are there intructions as you go, or are you talking about instructions in this post? Thanks.
    Copied from first post:
    UPGRADING YOUR OS USING CRACKMEM
    - Download and install the OS that you wish to install on your phone
    - Download and install Desktop Manager 4.5 from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    - Download CrackMem from the end of this post
    - Unzip CrackMem (double click and select 'Extract all files' from the menu on the left. There is only one file.
    - Connect your phone and make sure that Desktop Managher can connect to it. Watch for your PIN number to appear at the bottom of the Desktop Manager panel.
    - Kill Desktop Manager but leave your phone connected to your PC
    - Run CrackMem
    - Select the Operating System you wish to install
    - Confirm your choice with the 'Confirm Operating System Selection' Button and the selected OS will be displayed in red.
    - You can change your choice now if you wish.
    - In the MODULE REMOVAL section pick as many modules to remove as you wish. Make sure that you check the box for 'Remove Vendor.xml'
    - Once you have finished slelecting, click 'Excecute Slection' and youi will see an 'Action Completed' box appear. CLick to dismiss it.
    - Click the 'Desktop Manager' button.
    - Instalation of the Operating System should begin automatically.
    - Carefully select the modules you wish to install.

The rest of installing an Operating System is covered in detail in the BlackBerry 101 link above.
    03-13-09 08:53 PM
    anybody knows why I can't rename doctogo files? when I click Do It, it shows "I/O Error 183"

Using Bold (9000)
    Last edited by era3z; 03-14-09 at 12:22 AM.
    03-14-09 12:19 AM
    anybody knows why I can't rename doctogo files? when I click Do It, it shows "I/O Error 183"

Using Bold (9000)
    No idea. I assume that you have the OS installed on the PC and that you have indeed selected an OS to work with in Crackmem. If so, please get back here and we will see if there is anything else that might cause this.
    03-14-09 05:06 AM
    The Help text should go a long way to pointing the way.
    03-14-09 05:06 AM
    In order to remove visual voice mail and sample pictures do you have to go into the OS for CrackMem to remove them. I have tried everything but they will not come off and I know that they can be removed off my friend has the same phone and she has removed hers. Any suggestions
    03-14-09 08:18 AM
    I am trying to wipe my phone before installing a new OS. I made sure I deleted all the OS from my PC but when I execute an WIPE, my phone reverts back to OS .206 (the one which came with the phone). Any ideas?
    03-14-09 09:59 AM
    The Wipe Command under the Security Menu only removes personal data. It does not wipe the OS. That's why you still have it. To remove the OS, you have to wipe the phone with JL_Cmder or CrackMem. Both perform the same function and result in an inop phone until you reload an OS. Be sure that you know what you are doing before proceeding with either. CrackMem can be downloaded from the bottom of the first post in this thread.
    03-14-09 11:35 AM
    The Wipe Command under the Security Menu only removes personal data. It does not wipe the OS. That's why you still have it. To remove the OS, you have to wipe the phone with JL_Cmder or CrackMem. Both perform the same function and result in an inop phone until you reload an OS. Be sure that you know what you are doing before proceeding with either. CrackMem can be downloaded from the bottom of the first post in this thread.
    Hi Jeffh, I did use CrackMem to wipe the phone. Any ideas??
    03-14-09 11:42 AM
    No idea. I assume that you have the OS installed on the PC and that you have indeed selected an OS to work with in Crackmem. If so, please get back here and we will see if there is anything else that might cause this.
    yes... Have installed the OS.. and have confirmed the operating system selection...

Desktop Manager has recognized my Bold... Already closed the Desktop Manager.. and walla... I/O error...
    03-14-09 11:50 AM
    Hi Jeffh, I did use CrackMem to wipe the phone. Any ideas??
    If you still have an OS on your phone, it didn't wipe. When CrackMem is done, your phone will have no OS and be dead until you reload an OS.
    03-14-09 11:56 AM
    Hey guys, i have a big problem with this error.

No Operating System could be found

I use the 470_b050_multilanguage_nomediamanager Desktopmanager on a Windows XP Machine with all availble Updates and no Virrusscanner.

The firmware package from the bold and javelin is correctly installed.

To solve the problem, i deinstalled everything, cleaned the registry and installad all again.

But the message No Operating System could be found is still there.

Do you have any idea?

On my old Windows Vista Syste, everything worked fine.

Greets from Berlin.
    Hi there,

I have the same problem now! Maybe it's because the "Common Files" Folder has a different name in a German Windows XP???

Any suggestions?

THX
    03-14-09 01:33 PM
    If you still have an OS on your phone, it didn't wipe. When CrackMem is done, your phone will have no OS and be dead until you reload an OS.
    Yes, thats my point. When I try to wipe with CrackMem I am still left with the OS.
    03-14-09 02:54 PM
    Hi there,

I have the same problem now! Maybe it's because the "Common Files" Folder has a different name in a German Windows XP???

Any suggestions?

THX
    That is absolutely true. The German language of Windows renames a number of folders and this is why CrackMem will not work.

I have no plans to include other languages but US English into CrackMem. Sorry. I already have enough to do, thanks.
    03-14-09 02:56 PM
    I'm still trying to remove sample pictures from my Bold. I have been trying this with CrackMem and they are still there. Anyone with the same problem that can help me please.
    03-14-09 03:02 PM
1,625 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD