I followed the instruction given to remove the sample locked wallpapers and it is still not working. Is there something i'm doing wrong!!!!!!!!
    03-04-09 04:23 PM
    To remove these items with CrackMem do the following:

Make sure that the exact OS on your BB is installed in Windows.

Run CrackMem and confirm the OS.

Select the items for removal and click Execute Selections.

Click Desktop Manager to open DM.

In DM click App Loader and then next.

App Loader should tell you that it is removing the items selected in CrackMem, if they are installed on your BB.

Click next to remove the items.

No such luck. I followed your directions to the word and when I run DM and then App Loader, then add/remove it shows me a bunch of stuff I could remove, but nothing to do with what I selected in CrackMem. Main thing I'm wanting to remove is PTT.

Dumb question, but CrackMem is supposed to be run from your pc and not your phone, right?

I remember using an older version and it just "worked" last time.
    03-04-09 11:06 PM
    No such luck. I followed your directions to the word and when I run DM and then App Loader, then add/remove it shows me a bunch of stuff I could remove, but nothing to do with what I selected in CrackMem. Main thing I'm wanting to remove is PTT.

Dumb question, but CrackMem is supposed to be run from your pc and not your phone, right?

I remember using an older version and it just "worked" last time.
    Same issue here. I followed the directions exactly and the apps, sample video, and preloaded wallpapers are still there. I am on the 4.7 desktop software and both my phone and computer have the .90 OS.
    03-06-09 12:52 PM
    Jeff,

Thanks for chiming in on this thread, worked like a charm.
    03-07-09 11:16 AM
    Does Desktop Manager have to be v4.5?
    Last edited by 702baby; 03-07-09 at 05:31 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
    03-07-09 05:27 PM
    Does Desktop Manager have to be v4.5?
    No, you can use DM 4.6. Just don't try to use DM 4.7. It doesn't play well with CrackMem.
    03-07-09 05:43 PM
    Hey guys, i have a big problem with this error.

No Operating System could be found

I use the 470_b050_multilanguage_nomediamanager Desktopmanager on a Windows XP Machine with all availble Updates and no Virrusscanner.

The firmware package from the bold and javelin is correctly installed.

To solve the problem, i deinstalled everything, cleaned the registry and installad all again.

But the message No Operating System could be found is still there.

Do you have any idea?

On my old Windows Vista Syste, everything worked fine.

Greets from Berlin.
    03-08-09 08:27 AM
    Hey guys, i have a big problem with this error.

No Operating System could be found

I use the 470_b050_multilanguage_nomediamanager Desktopmanager on a Windows XP Machine with all availble Updates and no Virrusscanner.

The firmware package from the bold and javelin is correctly installed.

To solve the problem, i deinstalled everything, cleaned the registry and installad all again.

But the message No Operating System could be found is still there.

Do you have any idea?

On my old Windows Vista Syste, everything worked fine.

Greets from Berlin.
    That message means you don't have the BlackBerry OS installed as an application on your PC. That would be the straightforward explanation. But since you had it working on your Vista system, I have to assume you know what you're doing and have the OS installed correctly on your PC. The next question is, is your Windows XP installed on your C drive? CrackMem may get tripped up if you have a non-standard Windows installation. That's a stretch, but it's the only other explanation I can think of for your problem.
    03-08-09 08:51 AM
    Can I just use the "loader.exe" rather than to go to desktop manager?
    03-08-09 07:10 PM
    just have a noob ? I want to use the wipe device option on crackmem, will that screw up my phone.. i am wanting to upgrade to .174?
    03-09-09 01:07 PM
    No, you can use DM 4.6. Just don't try to use DM 4.7. It doesn't play well with CrackMem.
    Oh ok no wonder, thanks
    03-09-09 01:13 PM
    just have a noob ? I want to use the wipe device option on crackmem, will that screw up my phone.. i am wanting to upgrade to .174?
    Wiping with CrackMem will render your phone completely inoperable until you sucessfully load a new OS. But it won't permanently harm your phone. Is that what you're asking?
    03-09-09 02:21 PM
    I was trying to upgrade to 247 using crackmem and i got a fatal error. The phone works fine and even connects to DM still but im not sure what caused the error. Where do i go from here?
    03-09-09 07:09 PM

WHERE IS THE CRACKMEM DOWNLOAD LINK?

To find the download link, look at the very end of this first post.

You can see the zip file just below the bottom of the picture of CrackMem.

1/21/09 - CrackMem V3.4 is here
    1/21/09 -CrackMem V3.3 is here
    1/21/09 -CrackMem V3.2 is here THIS VERSION IS DEFECTIVE AND DOES NOT REMOVE FACEBOOK AND FLICKR.
    12/8/08 -CrackMem V3.1 is here
    11/12/08 - CrackMem V3.0 is here
    11/3/08 -CrackMem V2.9 is here (2.8 got lost somewhere)
    10/10/08-CrackMem V2.7 is here
    10/1/08 -CrackMem V2.6 is here
    9/04/08 -CrackMem V2.5 is here
    7/24/08 -CrackMem V2.4 is here.
    7/21/08 -CrackMem V2.3 is here.
    7/17/08 - CrackMem V2.2 is here.
    7/17/08 - CrackMem V2.1 is here.
    CrackMem V2.0 is here.

CrackMem3.4 3645 downloads
    Added Remove Visual VoiceMail
    net_rim_bb_vvm*.cod

CrackMem3.3
    Changed the names of two removed filesets in Facebook and Flickr
    net_rim_bb_facebook_*.cod
    net_rim_bb_flickr_*.cod

CrackMem3.2
    Added to Help text.
    Added files for Storm and 8220

CrackMem3.1 6557 downloads
    Added Remove Google, Facebook, Flickr, VZW Navigator, ICQ

CrackMem 3.0 Just another number on the way up. 1846 downloads
    -Changed 9000 Series button to be OS 4.5 Specific text change only
    -Removed the confirmation box when running Desktop Manager. Now it just launches when you click the button
    -Changed OS 4.6 Games removal button for 9000 series
    Klondike_v46_*.cod
    Sudoku_v46_*.cod
    THK2_v46_*.cod
    net_rim_device_apps_games_wordmole*.cod

CrackMem v2.9 (v.28 did not happen. It just got lost in the numbering system someplace).
    -Added Donate button so please support my programmer's pizza fund.
    -Added 9000 series specific panel
    -Added net_rim_tmo_five_lib.cod to T-Mobile My-Faves removal
    -Added net_rim_bb_medialoader_114_five_icon_library.cod to 9000 series T-Mobile icon library removal
    -Added 9000 series button to remove Music and Wallpaper
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_480x320_b.cod
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_480x320_b.cod
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_music_480x320_b.cod
    -Added Games removal button for 9000 series
    Klondike_v46_480x320.cod
    Sudoku_v46_480x320.cod
    THK2_v46_480x320.cod
    net_rim_device_apps_games_*.cod

CrackMem 2.7
    -Added RENAME DOCUMENTSTOGO alx FILE function.
    -Changes to Help text to reflect visual changes and text to support new function

CrackMem 2.6 (464 downloads).
    I am no longer saying that this is the final version. It is getting embarrasing. Changes this time around are:

-Fixed bug where Vendor.xml was not deleted if there was already a copy in RemovedFiles by deleting copy in RemovedFies.
    -Changes to Help text. Removed step 18 from step-by-step guide as it was confusing.
    -Removed files from 9000 series OSs
    In Carrier Themes
    net_rim_theme_precision_silver_480x320_b.cod
    In Pre-Loaded Wallpaper
    rem net_rim_bb_medialoader_music_480x320_b.cod
    rem net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_480x320_b.cod
    In Sample Video
    rem net_rim_bb_medialoader_480x320_b.cod

CrackMem 2.5 is hopefully (really) the final version (1054 downloads).
    I said that last time and I was wrong. Maybe I should not be so optimistic.
    Cthanges in 2.5 are minor. The only functional change is the removal of single file group net_rim_bb_media_88*.cod for 88xx series phones.
    I added some more test to the help file and color coded different sections.
    Fixed a problem where the Help text was not available when run from the Start menu.
    Fixed a problem with installing and running when C: is not the boot drive.

CrackMem 2.4 is hopefully the final version (1460 downlaods).
    The install now works on all versions of Vista including 64 bit system
    I fixed the non-working Help button
    The Help text has been considerably updated
    ToolTips work on all buttons so you can see what you are about to do before you press the button
    I found a little BlackBerry icon for the program - ah, sweet.

CrackMem 2.3 now installs as a proper Windows application. It has Windows style help.

There is support (untested so I need feedback) for Vista 64 bit systems.

Under Vista you need to take one additional step after installation on all versions of Vista.

Right click on the CrackMem icon and scroll to Properties.

Select Properties and then on the next panel, select COmpatability and then click Run this program as an administrator. This only need to be done once right after installation.

In
    - Fixed non-working Help button
    - Updated Help documentation
    - Minor changes to menu text
    - ToolTips work on all buttons so you can see what you are about to do before you press the button
    - Put a BlackBerry Icon on the program

In v2.3
    - Updated Help text to Windows standard Help
    - Made more room for expansion in main panel
    - Changed panel background color to blue
    - Changed selected OS display from Red to Blue
    - Added net_rim_bb_medialoader_320x240_b.cod
    and net_rim_bb_medialoader_240x260_b.cod to
    - Remove wallpaper module.
    - Added ToolTips to buttons
    - Used Windows install
    - Support for Windows Vista 32 bit and 64 bit systems.
    - ToolTips on all buttons
    - a password BrickMyPhone must be typed before the Wipe Phone function will operate

In v2.2
    - added remove tty
    - added to help text
    - changed the look from vertical to horizonal panel to gove more space
    - fixed non-working Put It Back button

In v2.1 I have added
    - removal tools for Yahoo, AIM and MSN.
    - slightly changed the visual look.
    - fixed a couple of bugs
    - improved various dialogs
    - requested a passphrase of ' BrickMyPhone ' on the Wipe Device button before proceeding
    - improved the help text.

CrackMem is a free utility for helping to optimize the BlackBerry's memory. It has only been tested on 8xxx series phones.

This is a major revision of the user interface - it now has one - and I my friend alien_scum (a BsC Hons in Maths graduate) did the Delphi coding.

As you can see from the picture, CrackMem V2.x is a proper Windows program.

A maximum of 9 installed OSs are supported. I don't know what happens if you install 10.

About the only 'quirk' is that you have to exit the Help text before you can exit the program.

New options are Wipe Phone and Desktop Manager. Both these options require confirmation before the will action.

Please do be careful with Wipe Phone. It really will brick your phone in two clicks.

If you are unfamilliar with upgrading your phone's Operating System then please read this BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com before starting.

----------------------------------------
    UPGRADING YOUR OS USING CRACKMEM
    - Download and install the OS that you wish to install on your phone
    - Download and install Desktop Manager 4.5 from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22
    - Download CrackMem from the end of this post
    - Unzip CrackMem (double click and select 'Extract all files' from the menu on the left. There is only one file.
    - Connect your phone and make sure that Desktop Managher can connect to it. Watch for your PIN number to appear at the bottom of the Desktop Manager panel.
    - Kill Desktop Manager but leave your phone connected to your PC
    - Run CrackMem
    - Select the Operating System you wish to install
    - Confirm your choice with the 'Confirm Operating System Selection' Button and the selected OS will be displayed in red.
    - You can change your choice now if you wish.
    - In the MODULE REMOVAL section pick as many modules to remove as you wish. Make sure that you check the box for 'Remove Vendor.xml'
    - Once you have finished slelecting, click 'Excecute Slection' and youi will see an 'Action Completed' box appear. CLick to dismiss it.
    - Click the 'Desktop Manager' button.
    - Instalation of the Operating System should begin automatically.
    - Carefully select the modules you wish to install.

The rest of installing an Operating System is covered in detail in the BlackBerry 101 link above.
    ----------------------------------------

I welcome your comments.

Pete

do u have to download desktop manager versiioon 4.5? i have 4.7 downloaded
    03-09-09 08:40 PM
    do u have to download desktop manager versiioon 4.5? i have 4.7 downloaded
    No, you can use 4.6. I don't recommend 4.7. It does not work well with CrackMem, and tries to download the OS OTA without installing it on your PC.
    03-09-09 08:58 PM
    So thats a negative to 4.7? Do not use it with crackmem when trying to update the software and use crackmem? Where can I find 4.6 DM? I have downloaded the crackmem and .109 OS for my storm already.
    03-09-09 10:51 PM
    So thats a negative to 4.7? Do not use it with crackmem when trying to update the software and use crackmem? Where can I find 4.6 DM? I have downloaded the crackmem and .109 OS for my storm already.
    Select your region and carrier, then you should have 4.6 as one of the download selections:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    03-09-09 11:29 PM
    Used it without a problem. Great program!

Only issue is that it left the sample pictures on there .... boooo...

Hey, I'm not gonna complain about having 140 MB of free app space even after I put all of my 3rd party apps back on.
    03-10-09 12:17 AM
    I am having a hard time getting this program to work on .109??

Is there a list of files that I can manually remove myself??

****EDIT****
    I didn't reset the administrator options!! My bad
    Last edited by freebirds87; 03-10-09 at 01:44 PM.
    03-10-09 01:30 PM
    Ok so I used crackmem to completely wipe my 8900, installed new OS used crackmem to delete all modules,.. pics, aim, msn, etc... and went ahead with OS install (.174).

All went well with install my device seemed very clean with nothing installed, (other then the preloaded pictures, seems crackmem cant remove theese?)

Then I went and turned on the radio (All Conections) and conected to ROGERS network. My BB immediatelly started downloading, and now I have MSN, AIM, Google, Facebook, Flickr, Myspace, and Blackberry Help installed.

So my question is am I SOL as my device will download all this stuff from my carrier, or am I totally missing a step in using crackmem and wiping and reinstalling?
    03-10-09 04:35 PM
    I am also having this issue on my storm with .109

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 07:45 PM
    Ok so I used crackmem to completely wipe my 8900, installed new OS used crackmem to delete all modules,.. pics, aim, msn, etc... and went ahead with OS install (.174).

All went well with install my device seemed very clean with nothing installed, (other then the preloaded pictures, seems crackmem cant remove theese?)

Then I went and turned on the radio (All Conections) and conected to ROGERS network. My BB immediatelly started downloading, and now I have MSN, AIM, Google, Facebook, Flickr, Myspace, and Blackberry Help installed.

So my question is am I SOL as my device will download all this stuff from my carrier, or am I totally missing a step in using crackmem and wiping and reinstalling?
    These are NOT actual apps; they are icons provided by service books. The only thing you can do is hide them. Every time service books are pushed thru by your carrier, you will see these icons.
    03-10-09 09:02 PM
    i just did exactly what u told me. my phone is screwed
    03-11-09 03:50 AM
    i just did exactly what u told me. my phone is screwed
    Could you be a little more specific? Nothing done can't be undone.
    03-11-09 03:59 AM
    great Program, Keep up the good work, this App ROCKS!
    03-11-09 09:55 AM
1,625 ... 4041424344 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD