The program is not finding my OS. I am using Windows XP. Can some one help please. The program opens but does not find my OS. when I open the program, a small window opens stating that it can not find operating system then program opens with no OS to choose from.

Thank You
    Last edited by chucky1; 03-01-09 at 06:00 PM.
    03-01-09 05:58 PM
    The program is not finding my OS. I am using Windows XP. Can some one help please. The program opens but does not find my OS. when I open the program, a small window opens stating that it can not find operating system then program opens with no OS to choose from.

Thank You
    Did you install the OS? If so, then is it installed on your C drive?
    03-01-09 06:01 PM
    I have 4.5 installed on phone that I installed through the DM so I guess my answer would be yes. How would I get the program to recognize the OS?

Thank You
    03-01-09 07:02 PM
    I have 4.5 installed on phone that I installed through the DM so I guess my answer would be yes. How would I get the program to recognize the OS?

Thank You
    What drive is the os installed on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 07:06 PM
    What drive is the os installed on?

To be honest, I don't see it on any of my drives. Now what?
    03-01-09 07:19 PM
    Click the downloaded install file and try it again.

03-01-09 07:21 PM

OK. I will do that and try again. Might wait 'till Monday.
    Thanks for your help.
    03-01-09 07:25 PM

Everything is working correctly now. Thank you for your help BigBadWolf.
    03-01-09 08:57 PM
    Everything is working correctly now. Thank you for your help BigBadWolf.
    Glad to hear it!

03-01-09 09:00 PM
    Where can the latest version of CrackMem be found?
    03-01-09 09:09 PM
    It's a zip file at the bottom of the first post in the thread.
    03-01-09 09:11 PM
    Problem with removing preinstalled wallpapers can anyone help me with this
    03-01-09 09:39 PM
    I downloaded Crackmem to my laptop and ran it in hopes of removing PTT feature. I checked the proper box to tell it to remove it, but it's still on my phone. Can anyone help?

When I look in Common Files/Research in Motion....it does show some files that were removed. But PTT is still showing as running on my phone.
    03-02-09 11:46 AM
    Can anyone help I have used CrackMem and wanted to have the the Preinstalled wallpapers removed from my Bold but they are still there. Also when I look in the Common Files and Research In Motion I don't see a removed folder. I'm sure there is something I'm doing wrong.
    03-02-09 01:21 PM
    Can anyone help I have used CrackMem and wanted to have the the Preinstalled wallpapers removed from my Bold but they are still there. Also when I look in the Common Files and Research In Motion I don't see a removed folder. I'm sure there is something I'm doing wrong.
    Problem with removing preinstalled wallpapers can anyone help me with this
    I downloaded Crackmem to my laptop and ran it in hopes of removing PTT feature. I checked the proper box to tell it to remove it, but it's still on my phone. Can anyone help?

When I look in Common Files/Research in Motion....it does show some files that were removed. But PTT is still showing as running on my phone.
    To remove these items with CrackMem do the following:

Make sure that the exact OS on your BB is installed in Windows.

Run CrackMem and confirm the OS.

Select the items for removal and click Execute Selections.

Click Desktop Manager to open DM.

In DM click App Loader and then next.

App Loader should tell you that it is removing the items selected in CrackMem, if they are installed on your BB.

Click next to remove the items.
    03-02-09 01:35 PM
    Thank you for responding to my post. After I done those steps above then I go back to CrackMem to wipe the device.
    03-02-09 01:58 PM
    Thank you for responding to my post. After I done those steps above then I go back to CrackMem to wipe the device.
    There should be no need to wipe the device. That's a personal choice.

Just follow the instructions from the first post in this thread.

If you are unfamilliar with upgrading your phone's Operating System then please read this BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com before starting.

----------------------------------------
    UPGRADING YOUR OS USING CRACKMEM
    - Download and install the OS that you wish to install on your phone
    - Download and install Desktop Manager 4.5 from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    - Download CrackMem from the end of this post
    - Unzip CrackMem (double click and select 'Extract all files' from the menu on the left. There is only one file.
    - Connect your phone and make sure that Desktop Managher can connect to it. Watch for your PIN number to appear at the bottom of the Desktop Manager panel.
    - Kill Desktop Manager but leave your phone connected to your PC
    - Run CrackMem
    - Select the Operating System you wish to install
    - Confirm your choice with the 'Confirm Operating System Selection' Button and the selected OS will be displayed in red.
    - You can change your choice now if you wish.
    - In the MODULE REMOVAL section pick as many modules to remove as you wish. Make sure that you check the box for 'Remove Vendor.xml'
    - Once you have finished slelecting, click 'Excecute Slection' and youi will see an 'Action Completed' box appear. CLick to dismiss it.
    - Click the 'Desktop Manager' button.
    - Instalation of the Operating System should begin automatically.
    - Carefully select the modules you wish to install.
    03-02-09 02:04 PM
    Don't wipe the device!

Unless this is really what you want to do. Wiping restores it to the out of box condition.

If you just wanted to remove preinstalled wall papers then wiping is not necessary.
    03-02-09 02:13 PM
    Ok thank you very much. I have been trying to remove them for sometime now. So I hide them.
    03-02-09 02:22 PM
    Ok thank you very much. I have been trying to remove them for sometime now. So I hide them.
    No, you will be removing them. It's just not necessary to wipe the device. Following the steps I listed should take care of it.
    03-02-09 02:26 PM
    Hello. Thank you for the Crackmen program. I have a Storm 9530 from Verizon and I am running .103 software (I love it...So fast and stable). I ran the Crackmen program and it removed Voice Activated Dialing, Preloaded Pictures and TTY. However, I tried to take of all of the IM's (Except BB Messenger) and they still have an Icon each in my Applications folder. I also tried to remove Flicker and Facebook and their Icons are also still on my phone. I have been working through DM 4.7 and am wondering, are they off my memory and the icon cannot be removed? If not how do I get them of my home screen.

Thanks in advance.
    03-02-09 04:26 PM
    No, you will be removing them. It's just not necessary to wipe the device. Following the steps I listed should take care of it.
    I followed the instructions as before and they are still on the phone. Not sure what it is that I'm doing wrong........ I'm using DM 4.6 and my OS is 4.6.0.237

Thanks in advance
    03-02-09 05:51 PM
    nice app thnx...
    03-02-09 08:39 PM
    Hello. Thank you for the Crackmen program. I have a Storm 9530 from Verizon and I am running .103 software (I love it...So fast and stable). I ran the Crackmen program and it removed Voice Activated Dialing, Preloaded Pictures and TTY. However, I tried to take of all of the IM's (Except BB Messenger) and they still have an Icon each in my Applications folder. I also tried to remove Flicker and Facebook and their Icons are also still on my phone. I have been working through DM 4.7 and am wondering, are they off my memory and the icon cannot be removed? If not how do I get them of my home screen.

Thanks in advance.
    Flicker and Facebook may actually be service books not apps. If so, the only thing you can do is hide the icons. You can delete the specific service books, but each time service books are sent they will reappear.
    03-03-09 07:02 AM
    Thank you for the reply. I cleaned up 8 MB and am at 52MB with 4 apps running. Crackmem is awesome!
    03-03-09 07:11 PM
1,625 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD