CrackMem 3.4 is here. I just added a button to remove Visual VoiceMail.

Enjoy.
    02-13-09 04:03 PM
    cant find the link help. please
    02-14-09 02:58 PM
    Not too difficult. Just look at the very first post on this thread. Scroll to the bottom of the first post on this thread. Voila!

Joy!

Cheers!
    02-14-09 03:07 PM
    I cant seem to get this thing to work.I have 4.5 on my phone and my desktop and still same problem any suggestions before I completely loose it!
    As others have suggested, you must first download and install the new OS to your PC. AFTER you have done that, then you can run CrackMem.

CrackMem cant find the OS on your PC if you dont have it installed.
    02-14-09 04:33 PM
    Pardon the ignorance but i've read several pages of this thread and i am really lost. All i want to do is get rid of the Visual Voicemail so that the usual voicemail icon will show up whenever I have a new voicemail. Thanks and again, pardon my ignorance regarding these stuff.
    I'm a bit confused. You said all "all you want to do." What exactly is your question? Have you used CM to get rid of VVM on your phone?
    02-14-09 04:35 PM
    Ok, well I have a ? for you Pete. You know CrackMem is not foreign to me, but I used it today to get rid of VAD after installing the new OS. Guess what,....I still have it.

I'm going to try it again and see what happens the 2nd go round.
    02-14-09 04:42 PM
    As others have suggested, you must first download and install the new OS to your PC. AFTER you have done that, then you can run CrackMem.

CrackMem cant find the OS on your PC if you dont have it installed.
    Did you actually read the quote? what did it say?Dont add to my frustration
    02-14-09 04:46 PM
    I'm a bit confused. You said all "all you want to do." What exactly is your question? Have you used CM to get rid of VVM on your phone?
    I guess he just wants to get rid of it any way he can if cm doesnt do it is there another way? Maybe thats what he wants....
    02-14-09 04:48 PM
    Not trying to add to your frustration, but did you INSTALL 4.5 on your PC? It's not enough to download it, you have to double click the exe to install it before CrackMem can use it.
    02-14-09 04:50 PM
    Ok, well I have a ? for you Pete. You know CrackMem is not foreign to me, but I used it today to get rid of VAD after installing the new OS. Guess what,....I still have it.

So its not working for you either...hum???
    02-14-09 04:50 PM
    Actually I read very well....thanks for asking.
    02-14-09 05:01 PM

Ok Pete, in this folder I have everything that's supposed to be removed: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\RemovedFiles

Yet, on my BB, when I use my BT headset, I get "say a command." VAD is still on the BB.

The folder contains 14 VAD files. and 14 for themes I didnt need.
    02-14-09 05:05 PM
    Ok, I went back and did it for a 4th-5th time...lost count. This time I deleted the "RemovedFiles" folder and started again. This time, VAD was removed.

What didnt get removed is all the IM icons....flickr, facebook, yahoo, google talk; they're still currently residing on my BB.
    02-14-09 05:39 PM
    CrackMem 3.4 is here. I just added a button to remove Visual VoiceMail.

Enjoy.
    Hi Pete,
    I just dl from the first message and when I went to install
    CrackMem, it said that it's version 3.3!
    Did I mess up somewhere with the dl?
    Thanks
    02-14-09 06:38 PM

I am not sure that CrackMem can remove VAD post installation. VAD is buried fairly deep in the OS. You will recall that if you remove VAD then you lose the Options, About screen so I think that VAD removal may need to be doen pre-OS install.

You do have the same OS installed on your PC as is on the phon, don't you Lex? I knew you did have. Silly question really.

Hope is not lost however. Use CrackUtil and remove all files startng with net_rim_vad in the File Manager module of CrackUtil. Yo uwill need to remove the files one at a time and the phone mught reboot after each file. Obviously do not USE your phone while halfway through this process.
    02-14-09 07:33 PM
    Hi Pete,
    I just dl from the first message and when I went to install
    CrackMem, it said that it's version 3.3!
    Did I mess up somewhere with the dl?
    Thanks
    I just uninstaled CrackMem from my system and re-downloaded it from the site. Thre is only one place to get CrackMem from (that I put up) and that is this thread. I got v3.4 so maybe there is a problem with your cache.
    02-14-09 07:38 PM
    Look at the very top of the first post. I have a note there showing how to find the download link. There is even a picture.
    02-14-09 07:42 PM
    Ok Pete, in this folder I have everything that's supposed to be removed: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\RemovedFiles

Yet, on my BB, when I use my BT headset, I get "say a command." VAD is still on the BB.

The folder contains 14 VAD files. and 14 for themes I didnt need.
    Some of the 14 are different languages incuding the one I use, jolly old British. CrackMem tries to remove them all but only a few are actually installed on the phone assuming you only have one language installed.

There is a bug in CrackMem and it is the process of being fixed.

If a file already exists in the RemovedFiles+OSfolder and you re-install the OS file and then try to remove the same files, CrackMem cannot do it as is sees the same file in the destination folder as it wants to delet and canot.

The fix is to re-install the OS again and the delete the RemovedFies folder.

I never thought that this could happen. I gues it is what happens when you give programs to people to use.
    02-14-09 07:47 PM
    I just uninstaled CrackMem from my system and re-downloaded it from the site. Thre is only one place to get CrackMem from (that I put up) and that is this thread. I got v3.4 so maybe there is a problem with your cache.
    Yea that might have been my problem. I went though Internet
    Explore and re downloaded and it shows 3.4.
    Thanks for the help and great program.
    02-14-09 07:51 PM
    I am not sure that CrackMem can remove VAD post installation. VAD is buried fairly deep in the OS. You will recall that if you remove VAD then you lose the Options, About screen so I think that VAD removal may need to be doen pre-OS install.

You do have the same OS installed on your PC as is on the phon, don't you Lex? I knew you did have. Silly question really.

Hope is not lost however. Use CrackUtil and remove all files startng with net_rim_vad in the File Manager module of CrackUtil. Yo uwill need to remove the files one at a time and the phone mught reboot after each file. Obviously do not USE your phone while halfway through this process.
    Hey Pete, you must have missed my post. I got VAD removed. Not worried at all loosing the "About" screen since there's another way to get to that information.

The only thing CM didnt remove was the IM apps- which for now I just have hiden.
    02-14-09 07:51 PM
    Hey Pete, you must have missed my post. I got VAD removed. Not worried at all loosing the "About" screen since there's another way to get to that information.

The only thing CM didnt remove was the IM apps- which for now I just have hiden.
    Atre these really apps? I thought that these were Service Book installs. If they are OS files that are ditributed woth the download then I feel v3.5 coming on. Can you confirm please.

I am going to bed. It is 3AM here G'Night.
    02-14-09 07:54 PM
    Atre these really apps? I thought that these were Service Book installs. If they are OS files that are ditributed woth the download then I feel v3.5 coming on. Can you confirm please.

I am going to bed. It is 3AM here G'Night.
    You're right Pete- service book installs. I thought CM could remove those. Good night to you.
    02-14-09 09:24 PM
    K I've searched but need some help here. I'm running vista64, and have my programfiles dir moved to a different drive, so I'm wondering if that's part of the issue. In any case, I'm getting the "no operating systems could be found" error, but I do have the os installed on this system (it's the .131 from Sprint). It shows up in add/remove (bb device for 8330 etc), and if I open up dm 4.6 it asks me if I want to update so obviously it sees it, but for some odd reason crackmem doesn't. I'm looking to wipe my curve and remove some things before upgrade, but if I can't figure this out I'll have to wait as I don't want to upgrade and then have it still not a see an os if I need to downgrade for some reason (service, etc).

Does Crackmem have a default directory it's looking for the files at? I've tried uninstalling, redownloading, and reinstalling the os software just to make sure I didn't get a corrupted copy.
    02-15-09 06:44 PM
    After messing with it some more, the OS install automatically uses c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files when it installs, but because my programfiles dir is set to my e drive I've copied over the rim directory from there to E:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and now Crackmem sees it. Hopefully all the files required are in that common files directory and there isn't any usage of anything in the registry tied to the other directory.
    02-15-09 06:59 PM
    After messing with it some more, the OS install automatically uses c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files when it installs, but because my programfiles dir is set to my e drive I've copied over the rim directory from there to E:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and now Crackmem sees it. Hopefully all the files required are in that common files directory and there isn't any usage of anything in the registry tied to the other directory.
    You have your PC configured in the one way that CrackMem currently does not support. We tried to think of everything and missed this configuration.

CrackMem needs to find Program Files or Program Files (x86) on the same drive as the Windows folder. I intend to correct this as soon as my programmer has some free time from his current job. His curent job is where he gets paid by his empoyer and CrackMem is what he does when I can convince hm to do it.
    02-16-09 07:25 AM
1,625 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD