You will need to follow the instructions on the wizard window that pops up to wipe the device
    02-05-09 12:50 PM
    Ooooh OK, guess I have to re-do it again Thanks ClintRo, appreciate it . Anyway do you know why it didn't remove the PTT and carrier's theme?
    02-05-09 01:35 PM
    When you push out the service books I think it adds some of the deleted items back in.... you can use MaxMem to get rid of them after you push your service books back out
    02-05-09 02:05 PM
    I followed the wizard and it doesnt seem to have erased anything! Any Ideas?
    02-06-09 11:09 AM
    Hey ClintRo... did the wizard and it wiped all the applications including third party and data/setting, thanks for the pointer. I don't know why it didn't work for r6unlimited but worked for me.

However, even when I choose to remove PTT and AT&T theme in CrackMem, for some reason they are still on my device. I had to remove the cod files manually and perform add/remove application from the DM Apploader.

This was for my 8310. Now I'm going to wipe and install .144 for my 8900.
    02-06-09 12:30 PM
    Both CrackMem and the MOP require you to download and install your BlackBerry's OS on your PC. You do all the OS manipulation on the PC, then install the OS on the device. There is a device-based program called MaxMem that you can use. The MOP talks about it as well. The MOP is an excellent memory management tutorial, whether you use it or not.
    Hi there!
    I just came across this thread by reading one about How to add an icon to a new folder on Flip? Then I found CrackMem. I see this new version is v.3.3 and I needed v.3.2 which added files to the BB8220. I also have the newest OS .222 on my device and the DM 4.6. I would rather keep it unless I have to reload it.
    All I wanna do is remove some of the modules and add those files if possible to be able to change the icon of a new folder.
    Can u give me any advice to go ahead and proceed with the process or what to do based on the above?
    Thank u in advance.
    02-07-09 05:53 PM
    I see this new version is v.3.3 and I needed v.3.2 which added files to the BB8220. I also have the newest OS .222 on my device and the DM 4.6. I would rather keep it unless I have to reload it.
    Shouldn't be a problem to you. Once Pete6 has added suppport for a device it will be there for ever, so if 3.2 handles your phone then 3.3 will be at least as good.

All you need to do is make sure you have the desired OS (.222) installed on your PC, then load and run CrackMem. The rest should be easy because CrackMem lets you manipulate the files then launches the regular loader. If you want to check it is manipulating correctly you simply need to look in the "Removed Files" folder - if the file list changes then is is working OK and the changes should be respected by App Loader.
    02-08-09 12:59 PM
    i think it needs to be re-uploaded....i keep getting an error message saying that its corrupted
    02-09-09 03:57 PM
    i think it needs to be re-uploaded....i keep getting an error message saying that its corrupted
    I just downloaded the file and it's fine. What are you using to unzip the file? I use the standard one built into XP.
    02-10-09 07:15 AM
    Shouldn't be a problem to you. Once Pete6 has added suppport for a device it will be there for ever, so if 3.2 handles your phone then 3.3 will be at least as good.
    That's right, I never remove any parts of Crackmem. Each new version is built upon the previous version. If you look in the Help text of the program under Progam Version Changes you can see the progression of the files added to the program for removal with each succeeding release.
    02-10-09 07:18 AM
    What is the point of renaming hte Doc2Go file?
    02-11-09 11:27 AM
    Well I guess Im freakin STUPID!!! Ive downloaded ans read till my eyes are burning and still cant get this to work. When I start the program the selection for the software version is blank.Also when first start it says no operating system found.What am I doing wrong?TIA
    02-11-09 01:05 PM
    Well I guess Im freakin STUPID!!! Ive downloaded ans read till my eyes are burning and still cant get this to work. When I start the program the selection for the software version is blank.Also when first start it says no operating system found.What am I doing wrong?TIA
    Have you down loadd your OS and run it? got to do it first. sounds like this is your problem first.
    02-11-09 01:48 PM
    4.5 DM
    8330 CURVE
    WINDOWS XP
    Im not sure what Im doing wrong still does not recognize the OS
    02-11-09 02:44 PM
    4.5 DM
    8330 CURVE
    WINDOWS XP
    Im not sure what Im doing wrong still does not recognize the OS
    You have to download the OS for your 8330 to your PC. It's an exe file. Download it to your PC desktop. Double-click the exe file. That will install the 8330 OS as an application on your PC. Then CrackMem will be able to find it. You have to do this for the DM App Loader, whether you use CrackMem or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 03:56 PM
    Well Im stupid beyond repair.This exe file can be found where?Sorry for being such a pest but Ive been working on this all day.
    02-11-09 05:12 PM
    Link in the first post of this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-152163/

Download the OS file and execute on your PC. Then you should be ready to play in CrackMem.
    02-11-09 05:19 PM
    I've been wondering the same thing. . . If it's a good thing to do, I wanna do it too!
    02-11-09 07:31 PM
    I cant seem to get this thing to work.I have 4.5 on my phone and my desktop and still same problem any suggestions before I completely loose it!
    02-11-09 08:08 PM
    If you've installed the newer DocstoGo standard edition, available with os 4.5, and you use the Apploader afterwards, it will insist on either reverting to the older version or deleting it altogether. Renaming the extention will prevent this from happening.
    02-11-09 08:57 PM
    If you've installed the newer DocstoGo standard edition, available with os 4.5, and you use the Apploader afterwards, it will insist on either reverting to the older version or deleting it altogether. Renaming the extention will prevent this from happening.
    I have wiped and upgraded to the newest OS, but unfortunately I'm only about 30 days into blackberries whatsoever. What I have currently on my home screen is Word to Go and Slideshow to Go. Did I lose something good in the deal? Do you have a link that may explain what all the fuss is about and how to best optimize my system?
    02-11-09 09:04 PM
    I have wiped and upgraded to the newest OS, but unfortunately I'm only about 30 days into blackberries whatsoever. What I have currently on my home screen is Word to Go and Slideshow to Go. Did I lose something good in the deal? Do you have a link that may explain what all the fuss is about and how to best optimize my system?
    I could give you a link, but there was a lot of trial and tribulation during the early 4.5 days. Do a forum search for Docs to Go and you'll see. Google it and you'll really see!
    If you've upgraded to os 4.5, and selected Docs to Go during upgrade install (which it appears you've done), open either docs app, press the menu key, select register. When you do you will have the opportunity to upgrade, it will only let you do this once. You will then have Sheets to Go (Excel) to go (no pun intended) with the other 2. With the upgrade there are improvements over the os bundled version, and I've just discovered another update since I last played that contains some of the premium features (v 1.006 (051)). There's no option to create a new document, unless you purchase the premium release, but if you save a blank template of each to your SD, you can then use it to create documents.
    Since DataViz only lets you install it once, and DM will do it's little reversion/deletion trick, a work around was found to solve this. I'd love to give the original person who solved the problem credit, but I'm not sure. My best guess would be John Clark or Stoner. Let whomever it is stand up and receive applause, they really saved the day.
    Being the evil genius he is, Pete6 added a simple way to change the file extension through CrackMem. For that, and everything else he's done for CrackBerry nation, we must bow at his feet and kiss his ring (or whatever)!
    As for optimizing your system, that can be found here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    the parent directory contains a wealth of information well worth a week of sleepless nights reading.
    02-11-09 10:17 PM
    Its time for a version that removes VVM on the Bold :-)
    02-12-09 06:17 PM
    Pardon the ignorance but i've read several pages of this thread and i am really lost. All i want to do is get rid of the Visual Voicemail so that the usual voicemail icon will show up whenever I have a new voicemail. Thanks and again, pardon my ignorance regarding these stuff.
    02-12-09 08:54 PM
    Pardon the ignorance but i've read several pages of this thread and i am really lost. All i want to do is get rid of the Visual Voicemail so that the usual voicemail icon will show up whenever I have a new voicemail. Thanks and again, pardon my ignorance regarding these stuff.
    I went to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v4.6.0.234_P4.0.0.196\Java" and deleted all files that having this prefix "net_rim_bb_vvm."
    Then I open DM 4.6 and go to "Add/Remove Applications," the "BlackBerry Visual Voicemail" does not show on the application list. I choose next to update the OS and let it run like a normal OS updating. Magically, the Visual Voicemail icon is gone and no longer running the in background infinitely. This manual method works for me personally and it works just like BB Visual Voicemail does not exist on my Bold.

Everyone else is welcomed to try, but at your own risk
    02-13-09 07:16 AM
1,625 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD