Pete,

flickr_help*.* and flickr_resource*.* are not being removed.

Have you updated the link at the bottom of your original crackmem post?

Downloading and installing from there, I do see v3.2 shown at the top of the crackmem app.

Thanks!
    01-21-09 03:13 PM
    I've been reading this entire thread but am confused. It says 3.2 is released but every time I download it my version says 3.1, am I missing something here?

Also I take it that none of the changes you make with this utility take place until you either load an OS or reload your existing OS to your device after making changes in this utility, is this correct?
    I just downloaded the new version and it downloads v3.2 perfectly.

The easiest way to answer your wuestion is to ask you to read the Help text. It would be better for you to read the Help text of version 3.2 because I have updated it.
    01-21-09 03:21 PM
    Pete,

flickr_help*.* and flickr_resource*.* are not being removed.

Have you updated the link at the bottom of your original crackmem post?

Downloading and installing from there, I do see v3.2 shown at the top of the crackmem app.

Thanks!
    Bob,
    Not sure what is happening here. I just reinstaled two OSs, neither of which had flickr installed.

Please give me a bit more time and I'll download a Bold and a Storm so that I can test the thing.

Here's the fileset that I supposedly remove when you click the Remove Flickr button.

net_rim_bb_flickr.cod
    flickr_help*.cod
    flickr_resource_large*.cod

I do not have time tonight - it's nearly 11PM here - but I will download the OSs and get back to you here tomorrow.
    01-21-09 03:57 PM
    Ok, I got 3.2 and read the help file. I disconnected from the internet, unplugged my phone from the computer, ran crackmem to remove sample video, wallpapaer etc., vad, themes and tty, then plugged in my Curve with internet disconnected and dm loaded up automatically but all the items I checked to remove are still there. Did I do something wrong?
    01-21-09 04:04 PM
    Bob,
    Not sure what is happening here. I just reinstaled two OSs, neither of which had flickr installed.

Please give me a bit more time and I'll download a Bold and a Storm so that I can test the thing.

Here's the fileset that I supposedly remove when you click the Remove Flickr button.

net_rim_bb_flickr.cod
    flickr_help*.cod
    flickr_resource_large*.cod

I do not have time tonight - it's nearly 11PM here - but I will download the OSs and get back to you here tomorrow.
    No Worries Pete,

My testing shows net_rim_bb_flickr.cod is removed as advertised, it's just the resource/help files that get left in the OS source folder unmoved.

I manually moved them to the removed folder. Just thought I'd mention it in case I'm not mistaken and you can fix it at your leisure for future users.

Thanks again!
    01-21-09 04:13 PM
    Well I've done this twice, and none of the modules are being removed, they are all still there
    01-21-09 04:28 PM
    I just wiped my phone and reinstalled the OS and the modules I wanted removed with crackmem are still there, what's up with that?
    01-21-09 04:58 PM
    I just wiped my phone and reinstalled the OS and the modules I wanted removed with crackmem are still there, what's up with that?
    I need to know which OS and which files please. There is abug in v3.2 that did not delete Facebook and Flickr and I have just uploaded v3.3 which fixes this.

Please help me to help you and tell me exactly what is wrong.
    01-21-09 05:03 PM
    I just released CrackMem 3.3 because there was a bug in 3.2 that did not correctly remove FaceBook and Flickr files (thanks BlackBerry_Bob)

The changes in 3.3 are:

Changed the names of two removed filesets in Facebook and Flickr
    net_rim_bb_facebook_*.cod
    net_rim_bb_flickr_*.cod
    Last edited by Pete6; 01-22-09 at 03:59 AM.
    01-21-09 05:04 PM
    I need to know which OS and which files please. There is abug in v3.2 that did not delete Facebook and Flickr and I have just uploaded v3.3 which fixes this.

Please help me to help you and tell me exactly what is wrong.
    well first I wiped my device as states in your help file, then upgraded the OS to Alltel's official 4.5 for the curve following steps 5 to 17 in your upgrading your os help file, all went well except the os was not displayed in red, but still in blue. Prior to doing this I removed 4.3 thru add/remove programs, and installed 4.5. everything from the top of the list to tty was checked to be removed except for the vendor.xml since it is my vendors os, and after everything loaded up all items checked to be removed are still in my phone, tty, vad, etc., all still there.
    I even followed your help file for removing modules after the os was installed and no luck, all are still there. using dm 4.7 and yes I disconnected my computer from the net as suggested.
    01-21-09 05:15 PM
    well first I wiped my device as states in your help file, then upgraded the OS to Alltel's official 4.5 for the curve following steps 5 to 17 in your upgrading your os help file, all went well except the os was not displayed in red, but still in blue. Prior to doing this I removed 4.3 thru add/remove programs, and installed 4.5. everything from the top of the list to tty was checked to be removed except for the vendor.xml since it is my vendors os, and after everything loaded up all items checked to be removed are still in my phone, tty, vad, etc., all still there.
    I even followed your help file for removing modules after the os was installed and no luck, all are still there. using dm 4.7 and yes I disconnected my computer from the net as suggested.
    DM 4.7 is the problem. It says so on the first page of the Help text as you open it.

DM 4.7 will PUT BACK deleted files. Disconnect your PC from the internet and try again.

If this fails then try using CrackUtil (link in my sig) and referring to the CrackMem Help file for a list of files to remove.
    01-21-09 05:20 PM
    I did unplug the pc from the internet prior to starting any of this, but the funny thing is the modules i selected to be removed are listed in the removed files folder, but why is tty and vad still listed on my phone as an option? Off to work now so i'll try the other utility tomorrow unless this can be figured out before then.
    01-21-09 05:24 PM
    I did unplug the pc from the internet prior to starting any of this, but the funny thing is the modules i selected to be removed are listed in the removed files folder, but why is tty and vad still listed on my phone as an option? Off to work now so i'll try the other utility tomorrow unless this can be figured out before then.
    Now I know what this is. You need to re-install the OS on your PC and then delete the RemovedFiles.

I shall fix this in the next couple of releases. It is all explained somewhere in thes extremely long thread but briefly once you have removed files once with CrackMem if you re-install the OS and try to remove them again, CrackMem wil not remove the files because they already exist in RemovedFiles.

We know what needs to be done but right now, no-one has the time to spend the half day required to fix it.

Meanwhile, use the above work around or, use CrackUtil.
    01-21-09 05:48 PM
    Hey Pete, just put the pix together for the CrackMem guide.

I found that these files were not deleted using crackmem.

here's a pic

Last edited by Rooster; 01-21-09 at 09:20 PM.
    01-21-09 09:13 PM
    Hey Pete el al,

I made the CrackMem guide. Hope its to your liking. Lemme know what you think.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...00#post1469100
    01-21-09 10:58 PM
    man i just updated my storm with .90 and used crackmem 3.1 and you did an update also oh boy im late to the party
    01-21-09 11:21 PM
    Hey Pete el al,

I made the CrackMem guide. Hope its to your liking. Lemme know what you think.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...00#post1469100
    This is a really good guide and Rooster had done a great job. If you are a first time upgrader using CrackMem, Rooster's guide is a must read.
    01-22-09 04:39 AM
    Just wondering would it be a good idea to use CrackUtil to wipe the whole device before a 4.7.0.90 isntall or does it matter or can it hurt the device?
    01-22-09 04:39 AM
    man i just updated my storm with .90 and used crackmem 3.1 and you did an update also oh boy im late to the party
    It happens. Ugrades can happen at any time. You should, of course get the latest version but you only need 3.3 if you wished to remove Flickr and FaceBook as that is all this update addresses.
    01-22-09 04:42 AM
    Why can't I download this crackman?
    01-22-09 11:31 AM
    You'll have to give us something to work with. Can you not find the file? It's attached at the bottom of the first post? Does the download fail? What happens?
    01-22-09 12:01 PM
    Thank you for posting the instructions!
    01-22-09 12:22 PM
    Leo, Look here http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/new...6/#post1469100 at post #18.
    01-22-09 12:37 PM
    Now I know what this is. You need to re-install the OS on your PC and then delete the RemovedFiles.

I shall fix this in the next couple of releases. It is all explained somewhere in thes extremely long thread but briefly once you have removed files once with CrackMem if you re-install the OS and try to remove them again, CrackMem wil not remove the files because they already exist in RemovedFiles.

We know what needs to be done but right now, no-one has the time to spend the half day required to fix it.

Meanwhile, use the above work around or, use CrackUtil.
    Just delete the removed files folder, or the files in the folder?
    01-22-09 03:05 PM
    Just delete the removed files folder, or the files in the folder?
    Either will work. Deleting the folder will remove the files, which is all CrackMem needs. It won't hurt to delete the folder. If it doesn't exist, CrackMem will create it.
    01-22-09 04:00 PM
1,625 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD