Sure, go ahead but you may wish to wait until the next release or so cuz I am planning some program very minor logic changes and there may (not sure) be a new button on the CrackMem panel.

I also need to write a whole new section in the Help file. If what you write is as good as your last pictorial guide then I'll stick it in to the help text and give you credit if that is OK.
    Solid! Will definitely wait until the next release. Will check this thread periodically for the release.

Cheers!
    01-18-09 04:51 PM
    It's easier to point you to where I think the answers are than to try to explain or repeat them. Start reading at post #746 to see what is most likely the explanation for the failure to delete VAD. Post #800 explains how to get rid of the wallpapers.
    Much appreciated... working through post #746 (& trying to get my laptop to cooperate.. LOL)
    01-18-09 05:08 PM
    wow amazing app, thanks
    01-19-09 07:41 AM
    Great program, nothing like getting rid of all of that useless ATT crap.
    01-19-09 08:52 AM
    Hey in the picture at the crackberry home screen it says CrackMem v3.2 but at the download sites forum's first post it only says v3.1? is there a new version of CrackMem that's not in the forum yet?

thanx
    01-19-09 09:43 AM
    Thank you..!! I had the problem to upgrade my bb... but now you help me to solve it.

Thanks Pete6!

AWESOME
    01-19-09 12:46 PM
    Thank you..!! I had the same problem to upgrade my bb... but now you help me to solve it.

Thanks Pete6!

AWESOME
    01-19-09 12:47 PM
    Is this ready for the Storm?
    Thanks
    01-19-09 03:13 PM
    This sounds like it'll take a lot of the guess work out and make it more comfy for beginners.

Very well done - thanks Pete6
    01-19-09 04:51 PM
    Hey in the picture at the crackberry home screen it says CrackMem v3.2 but at the download sites forum's first post it only says v3.1? is there a new version of CrackMem that's not in the forum yet?

thanx
    I think Pete6 has a new build in development, but not yet completed and tested for release.

To answer the next question before you ask, "When it's ready"
    01-19-09 04:52 PM
    I think Pete6 has a new build in development, but not yet completed and tested for release.

To answer the next question before you ask, "When it's ready"
    Actually I have no idea when the version after next will be out.

I will make some changes this weekend based on Roster and your inputs but these are just file removal changes. What I'd like to do is to make a few minor logic changes to the program. However FiG is off doing 5 months military service and only gets home some weekends and alien_scum has taken a winter job as a ski instructor. Both guys are in their early 20s so you can guess what the do in their free time. CrackMem programming just cannot compete with nubile ski tourists.

The changes I want to make are here
    -Move the destination of Vendor.xml from the RemovedFiles and into the selected OS file on an OS by OS basis.

-Apply the same logic for moving files into RemovedFiles\OS folders as we used for Vendor.xml. You may recall the problem that Delphi could not effect a file move if there was an existing file of the same name already in the destination folder. The fix is to simply overwrite whatever is there.

-Put a button that cleans up any residual mess by doing a Put It Back function of the selected OS followed by a total delete of the RemovedFiles folder. This button needs a similar password to the BrickMyPhone button. Any password will do.

-We need to display where CrackMem is looking for the OS. Several people have failed to find the OS and I think that CrackMem has been looking in the wrong place due to the user having a weird system configuration. The data displayed needs to include the drive letter.

The above was the content of an email to the guys on 1/3/09. So far I have had no response.

So, yes there will be a new release but apart from a "normal" file removal incremental release, I have no idea when the changes will be made.

I have now given you ALL the information that I have.
    01-20-09 04:02 AM
    Actually I have no idea when the version after next will be out.
    -We need to display where CrackMem is looking for the OS. Several people have failed to find the OS and I think that CrackMem has been looking in the wrong place due to the user having a weird system configuration. The data displayed needs to include the drive letter.
    It's interesting that there are some system configurations that break CrackMem. It follows my C:\WINNT path without difficulty. That's the same path that CrackPic can't follow, but CrackUtil can.
    01-20-09 07:27 AM
    It's interesting that there are some system configurations that break CrackMem. It follows my C:\WINNT path without difficulty. That's the same path that CrackPic can't follow, but CrackUtil can.
    I am still trying to keep CrackMem true to my original idea of making it a support tool. The idea was that once it was installed on a PC then the supported could ask questions, the answers to which were on the CrackMem screen. In that way, the supporter could diagnose what was not working and suggest changes that would work. The parts of CrackMem that do the module removal seem now to have taken over and the unintended functionallity wherby the program initiates module removal after the install seems now to be its prime function.

So much for my careful thoughs when designing the program.

I also intend a major update of the Help text to take into account the new use and to define what needs to be done when using it in this manner.
    01-20-09 09:43 AM
    Hi Guys i'm new using this program how do i use it on my blackberry? will it wipe my divice and load the "custom" os or it will delete the programs direct from my phone?
    01-20-09 11:51 AM
    Hi Guys i'm new using this program how do i use it on my blackberry? will it wipe my divice and load the "custom" os or it will delete the programs direct from my phone?
    The Original Post and the Help File with the program should answer all your questions. Pete put a lot of info in both. Download the program and read the help files. If you still have questions, post them.
    01-20-09 11:56 AM
    thanks, but still i'm having a problems i have and oparating system installed but when i open the CrackMem it says no os found
    01-20-09 12:16 PM
    It's not sufficient to download the OS to your PC. You have to double-click the exe file to install the device OS as an application on your PC. Then CrackMem and the DM App Loader will be able to find it.
    01-20-09 12:20 PM
    thanks, but still i'm having a problems i have and oparating system installed but when i open the CrackMem it says no os found
    You do understand that Jeff is sayng that CrackMem, Desktop Manager and the BlackBerry Operating System (initially, later it goes on the phone) are all PC based programs and they do not run on your phone. Desktop Manager PUTS the OS on your phone and CrackMem 'conditions' the OS prior to DM installing it.

To install or upgrade your OS you should get 3 things downloaded and installed on your PC.

Desktop Manager. Get v4.6 with no media manager from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

CrackMem from the link in my signature. Please then read the Help file. It will really help you as it has a step-by-step
    guide to upgrading.

The OS that you are searching for. To find the OS, look in http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/ or in the Sticky at the top of the relevant device forum on CrackBerry. You can also obtain this from your carrier from here http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp.

This link http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/ Proper Upgrade / Downgrade Procedure will help answer any questions about the upgrade process.
    01-20-09 12:54 PM
    I have installed the OS 3 times now on my pc before running the CrackMem. right now i'm stalling the new software for my 8310 on my PC, and i also have have the latest DM v4.7 and i have updated my bb before, but still the CrackMem wont find the os
    01-20-09 01:07 PM
    I have installed the OS 3 times now on my pc before running the CrackMem. right now i'm stalling the new software for my 8310 on my PC, and i also have have the latest DM v4.7 and i have updated my bb before, but still the CrackMem wont find the os
    Are you running Windows Vista? If so there is an extra step you need to take with installing CrackMem before it will work properly. There is a section in CrackMem's Help file that details what to do and the same text is repoduced in the 1st post in this thread.
    01-20-09 03:13 PM
    I've tried installing the fix many times so far. I must be doing something wrong.

I'm running Vista, 32-bit. I've done the change. My device currently has 4.5.0.99 running. I used CrackMem v 3.0 last time I upgraded. It was a sweet upgrade, fast and complete. I was excited to use it again. I downloaded the lastest upgrade which is 4.5.0.124 I believe.... I was using Desktop Manager 4.6 before. This time I attempted with 4.7. CrackMem runs fine, I do all the checking & execute, load desktop manager and nothing. I try again after doing a bit of reading in this post and go back to 4.6, still nothing. When I load DM from CrackMem, it just comes up "Checking for Device Application...." then nothing. I try to do a search in DM manually, nothing. Very peculiar. I must be missing something, hopefully someone can help me. 4.5.0.99 runs like an absolute dog, I hope .124 can fix it.
    01-20-09 05:24 PM
    I've tried installing the fix many times so far. I must be doing something wrong.

I'm running Vista, 32-bit. I've done the change. My device currently has 4.5.0.99 running. I used CrackMem v 3.0 last time I upgraded. It was a sweet upgrade, fast and complete. I was excited to use it again. I downloaded the lastest upgrade which is 4.5.0.124 I believe.... I was using Desktop Manager 4.6 before. This time I attempted with 4.7. CrackMem runs fine, I do all the checking & execute, load desktop manager and nothing. I try again after doing a bit of reading in this post and go back to 4.6, still nothing. When I load DM from CrackMem, it just comes up "Checking for Device Application...." then nothing. I try to do a search in DM manually, nothing. Very peculiar. I must be missing something, hopefully someone can help me. 4.5.0.99 runs like an absolute dog, I hope .124 can fix it.
    You are doing all the right things. There are two clear parts to this.
    1). Does CrackMem find and maniplutae the PC installed OS?
    2). Does Desktop Manager connect correctly to the phone and perform such functions as Sync and Backup?

Both of these have to work correcctly before the upgrade may proceed.

It's worth remembering that CrackMem does not actually work with the phone. It only operates on the installed OS on the PC. All CrackMem does is to copy files around and then sart DM or Loader if the corresponding buttons are pressed.

It is the job of DM (or Loader) to interact with the phone.

Please come back here if you are still stuck. Actually, please post if you find a solution so that others may benefit.
    01-21-09 03:17 AM
    wow! I came in to download crackmem and just saw it was updated to v3.2!
    01-21-09 05:52 AM
    I just uploaded CrackMem 3.2 this contains a few file changes only. The program logic is the same as 3.1.

Changes are:
    - Added to Help text
    - Removed the following files
    TrooperTyping_v46_240x320.cod
    net_rim_theme_att_zen_240x320_b.cod
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_240x320_b.cod
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_video_240x320_b.cod
    facebook_help*.cod
    facebook_resource_large*.cod
    flickr_help*.cod
    flickr_resource_large*.cod

A new version with the logic changes that I outlined in post yesterday will be upoaded when they are complete.
    01-21-09 05:54 AM
    I've been reading this entire thread but am confused. It says 3.2 is released but every time I download it my version says 3.1, am I missing something here?

Also I take it that none of the changes you make with this utility take place until you either load an OS or reload your existing OS to your device after making changes in this utility, is this correct?
    01-21-09 03:11 PM
1,625 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD