I'm a newbie, BOLD user.
    I followed the instructions, but to nothing happens.

Let me explain step by step.

- DL the latest CrackMem > Installed
    - DL lastest OS from network provider > Installed
    - Phone connected via DM > kill DM > Run CrackMem
    - Select/confirm OS > Select remove vendor, locked pics and music and etc. > Excute > excution OK
    - Run DM > phone connected > update popup > update phone > completedm
    - phone reboot > NOTHING happens!!!! Locked wallpapers, copeland tunes still in phone !!!

What am I doing wrong?
    Pls help, getting frustrated !!!
    01-03-09 09:43 PM
    i am haveing a problem i can not get the program to see my phone it tells me

no oparating sys found but th dm is seeing my phone

Windows vista..
    yes
    yes
    v4.5.8.89 system
    yes
    4.6 WITH media manager
    01-03-09 11:17 PM
    i am haveing a problem i can not get the program to see my phone it tells me

no oparating sys found but th dm is seeing my phone

Windows vista..
    yes
    yes
    v4.5.8.89 system
    yes
    4.6 WITH media manager
    Did you read post #721 above, posted by Pete6?
    01-03-09 11:49 PM
    If you like my program, vote for it in http://forums.crackberry.com/f136/20...ty-app-128162/
    I voted for your program but...c'mon we got to figure out what I am doing that its not recognizing my phone...
    01-04-09 12:04 AM
    yes i did thanks still same msg on program startup and nothin in program
    Last edited by 79_z28; 01-04-09 at 12:53 AM.
    01-04-09 12:25 AM
    Woo hoo! finally it worked! I downloaded v 4.5.0.1something which is a step up from .89 (multilanguage support in the new version).
    I installed it and rebooted my computer, and bingo, crackmem now working beautiful.
    Thanks Pete6!
    01-04-09 12:53 AM
    I guess I'm where you were before you found v4.5.0.1 - I haven't found any OS's to download.

When I first received my 8310 I installed an updated Desktop Manager and upgraded my OS - this was before looking for CrackMem to customize the device. Now I assume I need a copy of the OS I had already upgraded - where do you find OS's and could you maybe add a link in the program to point you in the right direction if none are found?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    01-04-09 12:36 PM
    See sticky at top of 83xx device forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 12:41 PM
    Find your bb version at the forum below and download from there...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/
    01-04-09 12:49 PM
    Thanks for the links...

I had searched some more after posting and saw where the OS was available from your carriers web site. Through another search I found the same OS I had previously downloaded and re-installed it, although it seemed more obvious the first time I did that. After installing the OS a second time it showed up in CrackMem and allowed me to remove voice dialing , which is what I was really trying to accomplish.

Thanks, I like my BlackBerry even more now
    01-04-09 04:55 PM
    I guess I'm where you were before you found v4.5.0.1 - I haven't found any OS's to download.

When I first received my 8310 I installed an updated Desktop Manager and upgraded my OS - this was before looking for CrackMem to customize the device. Now I assume I need a copy of the OS I had already upgraded - where do you find OS's and could you maybe add a link in the program to point you in the right direction if none are found?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You also need to have Desktop Manager installed. I reccomend you install v4.6 cuz 4.7 is funn o' bugs. Get it from here
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    01-04-09 05:46 PM
    Find your bb version at the forum below and download from there...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/
    Hey, you happy?
    01-04-09 05:47 PM
    thanks a lot, make life bit easier!
    01-05-09 01:02 PM
    Hi Pete...just sent you a donation for your very clean and fine program...thank-you.
    JHF -g3
    01-06-09 06:49 PM
    I Cant Select "run As Admin" And Os Is Not Turning Red When I Select It.
    01-06-09 07:20 PM
    The OS wont turn red anymore, that feature pete said he changed earlier on in the thread, so it will stay blue.
    01-06-09 07:25 PM
    Hi Pete...just sent you a donation for your very clean and fine program...thank-you.
    JHF -g3
    I got it. Thank you very much. We all really appreciate you thinking of us.
    01-07-09 02:46 AM
    Will the install instructions work with DM 4.7?
    01-07-09 11:48 PM
    If I do my install using crack mem and later want to put something back how can I do this, I can't seem to get this feature to work.
    01-08-09 12:26 AM
    Will the install instructions work with DM 4.7?
    I would be careful using DM 4.7 as it has the ability to put back removed modules of valid carrier OSs by downloading them. It will not do this for beta OSs so upgrading your phone with CrackMem using DM 4.7 can be a confusing experience.

John Clark first posted this explanation http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-xml-file.html and work around/re-configure for DM 4.7

So, you downloaded the newest, latest and greatest OS for your BlackBerry and have followed all the instructions found here.
    1. Download and install Desktop Manager.
    2. Download and install the OS of your choice for your device.
    3. Delete vendor.xml located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader.
    4. Plug in BB and open Desktop Manager.

However, when you open Desktop Manager you get no prompt to update. When you open Application Loader your new OS is not listed!!
    This has been plaguing people for the last few months. I've never experienced the issue because of the way I've loaded Desktop Manager but Vasco at Horizon did and he and I together figured this out. I believe we've found the issue and will explain how to fix here.
    The problem lies in the new Desktop Manager's automatic "Check for Updates" feature. This feature uses your internet connection to look for OS updates for your device from your carrier. When it does this it loads a second virtual vendor.xml file in the temp folder on your computer (Vista users look in C:\Users\Username\appdata\virtualstore.) So, even after you delete the normal one that is installed with the OS and Desktop Manager, the automatic "check for updates" feature loads another one based on the brand of device you've got plugged into the PC.

To prevent this from happening this you need to install Desktop Manager WITHOUT this Automatic Update service. Below are the steps to remove this service.
    1. Go to Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Click on "BlackBerry Desktop Software" and select "Change/Remove."
    3. When prompted, hit "Next" and then you should get options for Modify, Repair, or Remove. Choose "Modify."
    4. On DM 4.7 and higher, in the list of installed items, you should see "BlackBerry Automatic Update." Click the icon next to it and change it to "This feature will not be available." That should put an "X" next to "BlackBerry Automatic Update." If you are using DM 4.6 or lower and don't see this option in this list then just continue with the install and the installation will ask you a few screens later. A screen will be shown where you will be asked to check the boxes for:
    A) "Start BlackBerry Desktop Manager automatically each time the computer starts."
    B) "Create a shortcut for BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the Windows Desktop."
    C) "Check for software updates."
    Be sure number 3, "Check for software updates," is NOT checked.
    5. Finish the installation.

(Note: If you're doing a fresh install of Desktop Manager, be sure and choose the "Custom" install button so that you get the prompt for what features you want installed. Otherwise all the features will be installed as normal and you'll likely run into this issue.)
    Once that is complete, you'll need to go back and search your computer for vendor.xml. When you do the search, make sure you click on "Advanced Options" and make sure that you search Hidden files and folders. This is important as some operating systems create a virtual store in the temp folder that this vendor.xml file is located in. You will not find this particular vendor.xml if you don't have hidden files/folders selected for search. Once the hidden vendor.xml is deleted it won't come back if you've reinstalled Desktop Manager without the Automatic Update Feature enabled.

Now, make sure your OS is installed (you may need to install the OS again, if you actually remove Desktop Manager and then reinstall Desktop Manager again. Make sure that you delete the normal vendor.xml file LAST before updating the device.
    Tip of the day: Desktop Manager is not even required for doing an OS upgrade. In the same folder as the vendor.xml file is a file called Loader.exe. Running that will run apploader without Desktop Manager. It still makes the full backup and restore, but without all the DM stuff running in the background. I use this for all my OS upgrades.

Personally I simply use DM 4.6 as I think that life is just less confusing. DM 4.6 has a lot fewer bugs that 4.7 too.
    Last edited by Pete6; 01-08-09 at 04:04 AM.
    01-08-09 03:47 AM
    If I do my install using crack mem and later want to put something back how can I do this, I can't seem to get this feature to work.
    Actually it's not really a feature. CrackMem was initially designed to simply remove modules. We found out later that if you put modules back into the OS folder on the PC it woul put them back on the phone too.

Here's how you do this.

Run CrackMem and select the OS you wish to work with. Use the Put It Back button to re-instate the OS to its installed state.

Remove the modules (by checking the boxes) that you still wish removed but leaving the one(s) that you wish to put back on your phone. Now click the Excecute Selection button.

Connect your phone and run Desktop Manager and then select Applications Loader. From here on, things should be automatic and the module replcement should complete without problems.

Please read the post above relating to the use of DM 4.7 which may cause problems under the circumstances laid out in the post.
    01-08-09 03:57 AM
    Actually it's not really a feature. CrackMem was initially designed to simply remove modules. We found out later that if you put modules back into the OS folder on the PC it woul put them back on the phone too.

Here's how you do this.

Run CrackMem and select the OS you wish to work with. Use the Put It Back button to re-instate the OS to its installed state.

Remove the modules (by checking the boxes) that you still wish removed but leaving the one(s) that you wish to put back on your phone. Now click the Excecute Selection button.

Connect your phone and run Desktop Manager and then select Applications Loader. From here on, things should be automatic and the module replcement should complete without problems.

Please read the post above relating to the use of DM 4.7 which may cause problems under the circumstances laid out in the post.
    Thanks for replying. I actually followed the above steps for DM and removed my vendor.xml file. Still no updates show. I then tried putting back my sample images, ran the loader and still no dice.

I am noticing that there is a removed files folder under common files. I assume this app moves around the specific files from the loader files folder and this folder?

It appears that the files are in fact being moved properly, I'm simply getting no prompts to update. I also manually tried launching loader.exe and this worked for the install but does not seem to work for the updates.
    Last edited by davewolfs; 01-08-09 at 09:21 AM.
    01-08-09 07:56 AM
    Thanks for replying. I actually followed the above steps for DM and removed my vendor.xml file. Still no updates show. I then tried putting back my sample images, ran the loader and still no dice.

I am noticing that there is a removed files folder under common files. I assume this app moves around the specific files from the loader files folder and this folder? Yes, I create this folder and use it to keep the various files that CrackMem deletes from the Java folder. That way I can put them back. There's a problem that we have recently discovered with this that will be fixed in the next release and it that if there is a give file name in RemovedFiles and you reinstall the OS and try again to remove the file it will not do so. The fix is to delete the OS entry in RemovedFiles that you are working with until I release the next version.

It appears that the files are in fact being moved properly, I'm simply getting no prompts to update. I also manually tried launching loader.exe and this worked for the install but does not seem to work for the updates.
    Not sure what's hapenning here. Maybe you should remove the OS from your system, delete the RemovedFiles folder and re-install the OS.
    I hope this helps. Get back here if you are still stuck.
    01-08-09 11:50 AM
    I hope this helps. Get back here if you are still stuck.
    Did that. DM seems kinda flaky, sometimes it detects sometimes it does not. Loader.exe always seems to work.

I think my problem exists with wipe. I've explained what is going on here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wip...y-wipe-132647/

From what I can tell, wipe seems to be leaving certain files behind unless these files are magically being loaded without a .cod file.
    01-08-09 04:52 PM
    Did that. DM seems kinda flaky, sometimes it detects sometimes it does not. Loader.exe always seems to work.

I think my problem exists with wipe. I've explained what is going on here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wip...y-wipe-132647/

From what I can tell, wipe seems to be leaving certain files behind unless these files are magically being loaded without a .cod file.
    1). I do not understand this stuff with Loader.exe. DM calls Loader. That is why it is there. What files do you think are left behind?

2). Wiping always wipes the phone clean. If you see JVM 507 then there is no OS present on the phone. Use CrackUtil rather than JL_Cmder. They do the same thing byt CrackUtil has more functionality.

3). Desktop Manager 4.6 is solid. It runs fine. There are soemtimes problems with the USB connection. RIM have a fix for this here View Document

There is no magic to this. It's just a phone. It does what I tell it.

Maybe you have a computer problem. Which OS are you running?
    01-08-09 06:57 PM
1,625 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD