Done, done, and it's gone. As ever, you rock!

12-14-08 02:21 PM
    For what it's worth I went ahead and downloaded/installed .110 onto the PC (only took me eight tries to get a good download) even though the Berry was already updated. It seemed the thing to do so CrackMem was happy and I felt safe using it. It didn't appear to cause any problems or confusion with running DM 4.7.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 05:44 PM
    Thanks for the updates!
    12-14-08 05:45 PM
    For what it's worth I went ahead and downloaded/installed .110 onto the PC (only took me eight tries to get a good download) even though the Berry was already updated. It seemed the thing to do so CrackMem was happy and I felt safe using it. It didn't appear to cause any problems or confusion with running DM 4.7.

It worked fine on my 8310 too. Can you imagine the load on the AT&T server this weekend? 100 000 downloads of 90Mb ouch.
    12-14-08 06:11 PM
    Can you imagine the load on the AT&T server this weekend? 100 000 downloads of 90Mb ouch.
    No lie! Every time I wanted to get frustrated at yet another stalled/failed download I had to remind myself how many people were probably doing the same thing. I'm quite surprised my OTA upgrade went so smoothly! Maybe not as many people trying that route or something.

12-14-08 06:40 PM
    I can't seem to get CrackMem 3.1 to d/l. Can someone clue me in.
    Would Vista 64 have anything to do w/it?
    Thanks so much in advance.
    12-14-08 07:20 PM
    Ok so I installed it and doesn't work. I keep getting "No Operating System could be found". I re-installed it but no luck. I connected the phone then opened up DM then put in my password and let it sync and closed the DM and then opened Crackmem and that error shows up. Rebooted my laptop too but no luck.
    12-14-08 10:09 PM
    Ok so I installed it and doesn't work. I keep getting "No Operating System could be found". I re-installed it but no luck. I connected the phone then opened up DM then put in my password and let it sync and closed the DM and then opened Crackmem and that error shows up. Rebooted my laptop too but no luck.
    That error message means you don't have the device OS installed as an application on your PC. Reinstalling CrackMem won't fix it. You have to download your BlackBerry OS and double-click the exe file that you downloaded. That installs your BlackBerry OS on your PC. Then CrackMem can find it and work with it.
    12-14-08 10:39 PM
    Well, this has been fun. Between this thread & 2 others I have 500+ postings that have turned to mush inside my head. Research! Managed to upgrade my o/s with only one false start...Got stuck at " download RAM image " for an hour b4 I gambled this was n/g and started over. Managed to get 4.5.122 from Alltell installed. Core 4.5.0.77, which lets me go up one more to .89 if need be. ( I think )
    I now have GPS for maps, FUN TOY !!

2 things:

1st... pete, geniuses, mods...you are all way more patient than I would be with people who don't do their homework. Thumbs up.

2nd...please recommend a good thread to get docs to go upgrade installed. Getting 907 invalid COD.

P.S. Went from 19 to 40 file free!!

NewbieInfoOverloadSyndrome
    Last edited by papaB; 12-14-08 at 10:42 PM.
    12-14-08 10:40 PM
    nevermind...got docs to go fixed, now working on empower email viewer, though not sure I need it now with 4.5...( surprise! another post from Pete6 will probably clear this up too. )

I love this site!
    12-14-08 11:39 PM
    nevermind...got docs to go fixed, now working on empower email viewer, though not sure I need it now with 4.5...( surprise! another post from Pete6 will probably clear this up too. )

I love this site!
    Ummm, not sure what I need to say . If you still need help, either post back here or PM me please.
    12-15-08 12:45 AM
    Sorry, should have worded that differently. I found a post of yours in a different thread that solved the problem.
    12-15-08 05:15 AM
    May I ask, if I remove all these 'extras' from my Bold, does it make it faster or just gain more storage space???
    12-15-08 06:39 AM
    I am new to Blackberry and this forum and I just downloaded the crackmem program but cannot seem to get it to function properly. I have a curve 8330 from sprint and am running vista 32 bit. I followed the directions but when I run crackmem (as admin) it doesn't recognise any os. What am I doing wrong? Current BB os is 4.3.0127 according to the BB.
    Thank you
    12-15-08 08:24 AM
    I am new to Blackberry and this forum and I just downloaded the crackmem program but cannot seem to get it to function properly. I have a curve 8330 from sprint and am running vista 32 bit. I followed the directions but when I run crackmem (as admin) it doesn't recognise any os. What am I doing wrong? Current BB os is 4.3.0127 according to the BB.
    Thank you
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You now need to download and install the OS for your phone that you wish to install.
    12-15-08 09:33 AM
    Help, I cannot find the link in this thread to download the new 3.1. First I thought it was the browser I was using making it unclickable so I changed to trusty firefox, still no go. Then thought probably I have to be logged into crackberry but I logged in and still no go.
    12-15-08 02:19 PM
    It's linked as an attachment at the very end of post #1 in this thread.
    12-15-08 02:26 PM
    Help, I cannot find the link in this thread to download the new 3.1. First I thought it was the browser I was using making it unclickable so I changed to trusty firefox, still no go. Then thought probably I have to be logged into crackberry but I logged in and still no go.
    It's a zip file attached at the bottom of the first post in the thread. I just verified it's still there. If you have a security policy on your browser that prohibits downloading files from the web, that might explain why you can't see it.

MOD NOTE: Please remove the vulgarity from your avatar.
    12-15-08 02:27 PM
    As my colleague says, you will find the download file at the junction of my first post in this thread and the 2nd. It is a bit hard to find but it is the same all over CrackBerry so the good news is that ionce you have found this one, you get all the others for free.

Also as my colleage says, please change your avatar within the next 24 hors or you risk getting banned and that would be a pity since ypou seeem to be enjoying yourself at CrackBerry. Anyway, we want you to stay but with a new avatar please.
    12-15-08 02:35 PM
    Congrats on getting mentioned on berry review, again...

12-15-08 04:34 PM
    Congrats on getting mentioned on berry review, again...

DUh - thanks. Didn't realise that I was famous.
    12-15-08 04:46 PM
    Pete6 has become a household name, at my house anyway...

12-15-08 04:55 PM
    Ok I'm lost do I need to plug in my BB to DM and then run this program? Can someone tell me that? Cause Facebook is still there.
    12-15-08 05:01 PM
    Ok I'm lost do I need to plug in my BB to DM and then run this program? Can someone tell me that? Cause Facebook is still there.
    I bet you never read the help file in CrackMem. There is a step by step to explain how to use CrackMem to upgrade your phone.

HAve a look and then come back here if you still need help.
    12-15-08 05:05 PM
    I just read it, but I'm not wiping my phone. That's not something I'm willing to do. I want those items gone, but not enough to wipe my phone.
    12-15-08 05:11 PM
1,625 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD