So, when I go to the Crackberry Store on my phone, there's no place to login. Also, there's no option to buy anything. Everything else pulls up fine, just nothing about my account, or a way to login, or buy apps. Any help woukld be appreciated, thanks!
    09-01-12 10:12 PM
    I've seen the same issue posted in another thread. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I have the same problem as you with Mobihand.
    09-01-12 11:08 PM
    +1 here also.
    09-02-12 07:21 AM
    Mobihand (hence the cb store) has been down for a few days. Is it possible to order from the web? I know you can't see your list of purchased apps, but maybe to MAKE a purchase?
    09-02-12 08:20 AM
    Mobihand (hence the cb store) has been down for a few days. Is it possible to order from the web? I know you can't see your list of purchased apps, but maybe to MAKE a purchase?
    Morning Jaydee,

I tried to order that theme we were talking about from my phone using the SuperStore app yesterday. I was able to apply the coupon I had but the purchase would not go thru. I then went to the MobiHand website....found the theme....but there is no option to "add to cart". You can scan the barcode but then you are back using the SuperStore which starts the problems all over again.
    09-02-12 08:58 AM
    There is a thread in the 9900 forum.

Big Bad Wulf has kindly reported the matter to CB HQ for us so an update may well be forthcoming.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-help-742693/
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-02-12 09:03 AM
    Kevin has taken up the cause for us, should get us some answers:

Hey Guys,

I've reached out to Mobihand to see what's happening on their end. Hope to have a reply shortly as to what's going on. It seems like a technical issue to me but I don't know the full story yet. Thanks for the patience there.

Just a reminder as to what we posted months back in the forums here... the CrackBerry App Store is powered by our partner, Mobihand (they only do apps. Our accessory store is powered by us in-house). We've been phasing out our CB App store for a long time now - we don't even link to it in the header anymore or from blog posts, etc.. It's very limited in terms of new orders now - we basically have left access to it up just for existing customers, but even that we've been planning on removing from the site (as existing customers still can get access from Mobihand.com).

I checked in with them not that long ago (maybe two weeks) with a regular general status update on how they were doing and they made no mention of not keeping their app stores going, etc., so hence think/hope this is a tech issue they're having.

Be in touch when I know more,

Kevin

09-02-12 11:00 AM
    This could be the end of Mobihand.com As a developer I still have not been paid from them.
    09-02-12 11:26 AM
    Anybody heard anything from Mobihand on this? Really starting to get frustrated.
    09-05-12 08:17 PM
    Anybody heard anything from Mobihand on this? Really starting to get frustrated.
    Mobihand is kaput

Statement from thieir website follows:

What a fabulous ride we had!

From San Francisco to Indonesia, from Brazil to Moscow, for eight years we served millions of worldwide customers with their app needs and delivered hundreds of millions of downloads.

We enjoyed the rise of many different platforms. BlackBerry and then Android were the biggest. And we suffered through the fall of others. Goodbye Palm and maybe BlackBerry?

Remember when we downloaded apps onto a PC and then sideloaded them through a cable to our phones? Today, our apps are discovered, downloaded and updated with very little effort right onto our devices (phones and tablets that we could not have imagined when we started). We are proud to have pioneered many of the innovations that all mobile users enjoy today.

We lived through all of these changes, including the entry of some very large companies into the app industry. These companies changed the industry with their massive resources and easy access to existing customers (which some of them vigorously protect by closing their app systems).

Domination of mobile app distribution by a relatively small number of large companies has made participation increasingly difficult for independent app distributors. While it was very hard to reach this decision, we have concluded that we have to discontinue our current services. We can only hope that the assets we built over the years will find a new purpose.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you over all these years.

The MobiHand Team

P.S. Customer accounts will be accessible for a few more days. Customers will be able to re-download purchased apps or get their activation codes, but no upgrades, new codes, or swaps will be available.

devcellent likes this.
    09-07-12 07:46 AM
    09-07-12 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD