Now i love this new Crackberry app, alot but i'm just wondering if there's gonna be updates in the near future because there is some glitches for example:

1. i'm on the curve 9360 so i don't have a touch screen when i scroll through a forum topic it will stop and force me to scroll down for 30 seconds till it gets unstuck

2. this might not be a glitch but when i change pages on a forum topic it puts me at the end of the page as opposed to the top which forces me to scroll all the way up, it's probably not a glitch but it's pretty annoying.

now this is so much better then using the mobile sit, but there's still room for improvement

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 09:49 AM
    Now i love this new Crackberry app, alot but i'm just wondering if there's gonna be updates in the near future because there is some glitches for example:

1. i'm on the curve 9360 so i don't have a touch screen when i scroll through a forum topic it will stop and force me to scroll down for 30 seconds till it gets unstuck

2. this might not be a glitch but when i change pages on a forum topic it puts me at the end of the page as opposed to the top which forces me to scroll all the way up, it's probably not a glitch but it's pretty annoying.

now this is so much better then using the mobile sit, but there's still room for improvement

1. Is there a certain topic where you see this happening? I am not able to reproduce this.

2.That is thread behavior control that can be modified in settings
    04-03-12 10:04 AM
    it happens in every topic, it's really annoying.

ill try and play around with settings and such i guess.

04-03-12 01:20 PM
    I love the simplicity of the app but things get a bit confusing when knowing what page im on
    04-03-12 07:01 PM
    I love the simplicity of the app but things get a bit confusing when knowing what page im on
    Just look at the action bar.
    04-03-12 08:49 PM
    For some reason the app won't load for me. I'm on a torch 9860 with Os 7.1.0.342. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 11:54 PM
    It seems to be missing the option to see all recent posts, has anyone found it?
    04-04-12 12:14 AM
    I could get it to load on to my 9810 but couldn't get it to run. So instead I'm using Tapatalk which is flawless so far.
    04-04-12 12:40 AM
    It wont render text well. see how if you type words like wont, cant, ive; they do not render as we are used to, they should change to "won't, can't, I've". Starting a new sentence doesnt capitalise the first letter and pressing the space bar twice doesnt insert a period.

I still like it, I'll keep using it, it's just not there yet.

-----
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using the CrackBerry app!
    04-04-12 12:51 AM
    what is crackberry app? can i have it or buy it?
    04-04-12 05:13 AM
    what is crackberry app? can i have it or buy it?

You can have the Crackberry App for free at the Blackberry App World.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810
    04-04-12 07:03 AM
    It wont render text well. see how if you type words like wont, cant, ive; they do not render as we are used to, they should change to "won't, can't, I've". Starting a new sentence doesnt capitalise the first letter and pressing the space bar twice doesnt insert a period.

I still like it, I'll keep using it, it's just not there yet.

-----
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using the CrackBerry app!
    I'm experiencing these same issues.

Also, the number keypad (using the touchscreen) won't stay locked. After locking the number pad, and clicking a number, the keyboard reverts back to letters even though the num-lock icon is still showing in the upper right corner of the screen. The icon goes away right after the next key-press - which is, of course, a letter.

Using the 9800 with OS 6 build .723.

It makes typing pretty much a worthless effort. I'm sticking with the mobile web version for now for that reason alone.

I've also found no way the cut-and-paste. Clicking the menu button brings up the "inline action bar".

Which brings us to the OPs first issue. I found that if I enabled the "inline action bar" I got the 30 second scroll stall too. It stalls out for about that long every 3-5 seconds. Almost infuriating to use until I turned that option back off.

As far as what post it puts you at when you go into a thread, you can set it to "go to unread". But, it seems to broadly take that for every thread whether you read it or not. Actually, the mobile site does that too, I believe. What it should do with that option set, is put you in the first post that was posted since you last looked at that thread (which it does). But also put you on the very first post of a thread that you never looked at before - and that is not what it does. It still throws you in the middle of a thread - most likely, the first post in that thread since you last visited the whole site.

At least that's been my observations.
    Last edited by joeldf; 04-04-12 at 11:49 AM.
    04-04-12 11:44 AM
    It ran just fine for me... I purchased Tapatalk long ago. Give that a try maybe. I have had no issues and if you do, contact the developer. Everymobile App is quick to respond.

I got rid of the Crackberry one due to the fact that I like the theme of the regular Tapatalk.
    04-04-12 12:11 PM
    I was able to see the crackberry forum app in the app world but I can't download/install it because the 'install' button is missing...anyone else having the same issue?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-04-12 12:29 PM
    I was able to see the crackberry forum app in the app world but I can't download/install it because the 'install' button is missing...anyone else having the same issue?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Is there a little arrow at the top of your screen. Press that. It is like a drop down, but more of a drop up.
    04-04-12 12:36 PM
    I'm experiencing these same issues.

Also, the number keypad (using the touchscreen) won't stay locked. After locking the number pad, and clicking a number, the keyboard reverts back to letters even though the num-lock icon is still showing in the upper right corner of the screen. The icon goes away right after the next key-press - which is, of course, a letter.

Using the 9800 with OS 6 build .723.

It makes typing pretty much a worthless effort. I'm sticking with the mobile web version for now for that reason alone.

I've also found no way the cut-and-paste. Clicking the menu button brings up the "inline action bar".

Which brings us to the OPs first issue. I found that if I enabled the "inline action bar" I got the 30 second scroll stall too. It stalls out for about that long every 3-5 seconds. Almost infuriating to use until I turned that option back off.

As far as what post it puts you at when you go into a thread, you can set it to "go to unread". But, it seems to broadly take that for every thread whether you read it or not. Actually, the mobile site does that too, I believe. What it should do with that option set, is put you in the first post that was posted since you last looked at that thread (which it does). But also put you on the very first post of a thread that you never looked at before - and that is not what it does. It still throws you in the middle of a thread - most likely, the first post in that thread since you last visited the whole site.

At least that's been my observations.
    Thanks for all the details. This certainly helped figure out what people where saying.

There are a few ways to copy and paste. One way for is to select the text and hold the trackpad. You can hold the trackpad again to paste.

It seems that the inline bar causes alot lag for scrolling with trackpad. However, scrolling with touch doesn't really seem to be affected.

That functionality is not really controlled by the app. It is controlled by the forum system and tapatalk forum plugin. Here is an explanation by the plugin developer on how that works: Tapatalk for BlackBerry app - Development Build and Download!!
    04-04-12 03:28 PM
    one issue I have is the inability to access the "switch application" option available on almost every other app. The BB button only calls up 'in app' options. Otherwise it's okay with small quirky issues common to newly developed apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-09-12 08:26 AM
    one issue I have is the inability to access the "switch application" option available on almost every other app. The BB button only calls up 'in app' options. Otherwise it's okay with small quirky issues common to newly developed apps.

Long press the BB button for App Switcher.
    04-09-12 09:10 AM
    Long press the BB button for App Switcher.

ah, okay got it. I could get it once I backed to the "in-app" options page, though. thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-09-12 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD