Using a 9700 on AT&T-
    I am looking at the Tether, available here on Crackberry for $50 but I have a couple of questions-
    1) Do I need to plug in with USB or can I use bluetooth?
    2) I have the unlimited data plan through AT&T, and tether states there is no monthly access fee, is this correct? So I pay the $50 then never pay any more for Internet access using my laptop and blackberry as a modem?

Thanks!
    Moe
    03-31-10 07:31 PM
    You can use USB cable or bluetooth with tetherberry. I have used tb on at&t, but have not downloaded a ton of stuff. Just use it for web browsing. If att figures out you are tethering, they may tag your account with a tethering plan or charge you by the mb. I havent had this issue, but like I said I only use tethering minimally.
    03-31-10 07:51 PM
    Using a 9700 on AT&T-
    I am looking at the Tether, available here on Crackberry for $50 but I have a couple of questions-
    1) Do I need to plug in with USB or can I use bluetooth?
    2) I have the unlimited data plan through AT&T, and tether states there is no monthly access fee, is this correct? So I pay the $50 then never pay any more for Internet access using my laptop and blackberry as a modem?

Thanks!
    Moe
    Not sure why people pay for this app. Download Dekstop manager click the big button that says use my phone as a modem click connect to the internet and your done. I have T-mobile and use 5-25MB per day tethering without a problem. I have done speedtests while in 3g around 3mbit/128kbit which is perfectly fast enough for web browsing.
    03-31-10 11:26 PM
    What is tethering??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 11:31 PM
    Not sure why people pay for this app. Download Dekstop manager click the big button that says use my phone as a modem click connect to the internet and your done. I have T-mobile and use 5-25MB per day tethering without a problem. I have done speedtests while in 3g around 3mbit/128kbit which is perfectly fast enough for web browsing.
    When I had a 9700 on tmobile I had this option but don't with at&t.....am I missing something?
    03-31-10 11:33 PM
    @markaveli420 Tethering = surfing the net using your phone as a modem. Great for use with notebooks.
    03-31-10 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD