Everytime i load up an APP or Theme

the core apps 4.6 keeps getting added and facebook keeps getting deleted.

any ideas?
    08-19-09 04:30 PM
    Yes, you have the DM set up to automatically check for updates. You need to go to the control panel on your computer>add/remove>remove BlackBerry Desktop Software. When it gets to the screen where the selections are: Repair, Modify, Remove. Select Modify and unselect the automatically check for updates

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 04:52 PM
    finally!! an answer!! a million thanks.
    thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks, etc.....
    08-19-09 06:06 PM
    Yes, you have the DM set up to automatically check for updates. You need to go to the control panel on your computer>add/remove>remove BlackBerry Desktop Software. When it gets to the screen where the selections are: Repair, Modify, Remove. Select Modify and unselect the automatically check for updates

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    sweet thanks CX ; >
    08-20-09 08:30 AM
    This has been driving me nuts! Thanks for the solution!
    08-20-09 08:34 AM
    To prevent this from happening this you need to install Desktop Manager WITHOUT this Automatic Update service. Below are the steps to remove this service.

1. Go to Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Click on "BlackBerry Desktop Software" and select "Change/Remove."
    3. When prompted, hit "Next" and then you should get options for Modify, Repair, or Remove. Choose "Modify."
    4. On DM 4.7 and higher, in the list of installed items, you should see "BlackBerry Automatic Update." Click the icon next to it and change it to "This feature will not be available." That should put an "X" next to "BlackBerry Automatic Update." If you are using DM 4.6 or lower and don't see this option in this list then just continue with the install and the installation will ask you a few screens later. A screen will be shown where you will be asked to check the boxes for:

A) "Start BlackBerry Desktop Manager automatically each time the computer starts."
    B) "Create a shortcut for BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the Windows Desktop."
    C) "Check for software updates."

Be sure number 3, "Check for software updates," is NOT checked.

5. Finish the installation.

(Note: If you're doing a fresh install of Desktop Manager, be sure and choose the "Custom" install button so that you get the prompt for what features you want installed. Otherwise all the features will be installed as normal and you'll likely run into this issue.)
    08-20-09 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD