I searched through the forums and found several ideas on how to block unwanted calls. Then I stumbled across this today:

CallsBlocker – Free App Blocks Unwanted Calls | BerryReview.com �

Just installed it on my Bold and it seems ok. Thought others might want to know about this as well.

brill
    03-11-09 06:49 PM
    Im not sure if Im dumb or what but I cant find the download link to save my life
    03-11-09 06:59 PM
    I had the same problem. Here's a more direct link

CallsBlocker - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

Sorry I should have included that in my original post.

brill
    03-11-09 07:05 PM
    the app is so good to block some annoying calls
    03-11-09 09:22 PM
    You did notice:
    This product is not compatible with 9000 (Bold)
    03-11-09 09:25 PM
    the app is so good to block some annoying calls
    didnt work for me on the storm
    03-11-09 09:28 PM
    You did notice:
    Yes, but it does work on the Bold. So far.
    03-11-09 09:34 PM
    Yes but it works for me as well, go figure

brill
    03-12-09 04:51 PM
    Can someone who is using this app explain what it means to block a call. Does it go directly to your voicemail? Or does the call get "hung up" on?

I use Antair Call Screener and it works quite well but everything goes to voicemail and I would like to simply not accept some calls at all.
    03-12-09 06:50 PM
    Can someone who is using this app explain what it means to block a call. Does it go directly to your voicemail? Or does the call get "hung up" on?

I use Antair Call Screener and it works quite well but everything goes to voicemail and I would like to simply not accept some calls at all.
    I've been wondering the same thing KareBare. How does this app work? What exactly does it to to block the call?

Chris
    03-12-09 07:00 PM
    I searched through the forums and found several ideas on how to block unwanted calls. Then I stumbled across this today:

CallsBlocker – Free App Blocks Unwanted Calls | BerryReview.com �

Just installed it on my Bold and it seems ok. Thought others might want to know about this as well.

brill
    I have not been in a situation where I would need such an app. But, you never know what the future may hold in that regard.
    03-12-09 07:02 PM
    Every time I get a junk call or solicitation or sales call from Rogers or any number I don't want to receive a call from, I click on it and a menu option is to add it to my black list, so I do that and my phone never rings when that number calls again. Plus there are all kinds of other customizable settings. But the call does go to my voicemail. I like Antair, it's a good app, but I am wondering if this other app does something else.
    03-12-09 07:06 PM
    Every time I get a junk call or solicitation or sales call from Rogers or any number I don't want to receive a call from, I click on it and a menu option is to add it to my black list, so I do that and my phone never rings when that number calls again. Plus there are all kinds of other customizable settings. But the call does go to my voicemail. I like Antair, it's a good app, but I am wondering if this other app does something else.
    That seems like a good app.

I wonder if anyone can share his/her experience with the app the OP has on the Bold. Or, the OP for that matter.
    03-12-09 07:11 PM
    didnt work for me on the storm
    There are many known bugs with this app don't install until it gets updated
    03-12-09 07:14 PM
    There are many known bugs with this app don't install until it gets updated
    You gotta love buggy apps. Well, not really.
    03-12-09 07:23 PM
    I use Cerberus Call Filter. It's $4.99 but worth it and no bugs.
    03-12-09 07:34 PM
    Wait, are these any better than the simple YouMail "hang up" (not allowing them to leave a voicemail) option?
    03-12-09 07:49 PM
    Wait, are these any better than the simple YouMail "hang up" (not allowing them to leave a voicemail) option?
    I do not know, but your avatar always brings a smile to my face.
    03-12-09 07:55 PM
    Its a bit buggy but from my testing it sends the call to vmail (at least thats my experience). Apparently a fixed release is pending.

brill
    03-12-09 08:03 PM
    Its a bit buggy but from my testing it sends the call to vmail (at least thats my experience). Apparently a fixed release is pending.

brill
    What bugs are you dealing with this app?
    03-12-09 08:05 PM
    I do not know, but your avatar always brings a smile to my face.
    Haha thank you. Good! It's supposed to! :P Glad I can spread some joy around.

I tried the app on my Bold and I tested it with my home phone's number. When I called my Bold, it vibrated for 1 second and then I got sent to voicemail. So, I'm going to test the youmail thing now and see the difference, if any.

EDIT: Okay so pretty much, youmail already does this for me if I just add the "ditch caller", which doesn't allow them to leave a voicemail at all lol. Gotta love that. But this new app allows you to block a wide range of numbers, while youmail you have to add them manually I think, to your contacts list.
    Last edited by Jonneh; 03-12-09 at 08:18 PM.
    03-12-09 08:10 PM
    What bugs are you dealing with this app?
    From the call logs if I select to block the number it didnt work. When I added the number manually it did what the previous poster stated, brief ring then to vmail. I think I read somewhere that the coder is aware of this and fixing it.

As per the previous poster I like the feature that I can block entire area codes, that is awesome.

brill
    03-12-09 09:10 PM
    Antair can block entire area codes, only accept calls from contact list, do white lists, black lists, custom lists, all kinds of things. But I am wanting to just block - or hang up on - some calls.

I would like to be able to construct lists - these numbers go to VM, these get hung up on.

Does one of these apps do this - both send to VM or hang up, depending on the user's choice?
    03-12-09 09:28 PM
    Haha thank you. Good! It's supposed to! :P Glad I can spread some joy around.

I tried the app on my Bold and I tested it with my home phone's number. When I called my Bold, it vibrated for 1 second and then I got sent to voicemail. So, I'm going to test the youmail thing now and see the difference, if any.

EDIT: Okay so pretty much, youmail already does this for me if I just add the "ditch caller", which doesn't allow them to leave a voicemail at all lol. Gotta love that. But this new app allows you to block a wide range of numbers, while youmail you have to add them manually I think, to your contacts list.
    Sounds interesting. I may have to check it out.
    03-12-09 09:29 PM
    Sounds interesting. I may have to check it out.
    YouMail is great. I really like the functionality that it adds to your phone and voicemail.

Chris
    03-12-09 09:35 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD