I have setup and been running the full free trial version of SmrtGuard which expires on 6/12/10. Crackberry.com had the 50% off deal yesterday so I sprang for it. I received the activation emails with subscription IDs, et al.

I've tried reactivating my account through my BB 9700 several times. I've even deleted the app and reinstalled it only to find that the settings and account were still showing in SmrtGuard (it's basically as if the delete never happened).

I want to activate my 1 yr subscription and I cannot find where to activate it through the device or the online dashboard and account controls.

Please someone help!!

Eric
    05-29-10 06:39 AM
    I and I'm sure countless others must be having the same problem. I think the problem lies in the following paragraph found on the SmrtGuard subscriptions page.

NOTE:
    1. When purchase, use your secondary email to purchase. This way, your existing account will be upgraded.
    2. After purchase, your data protection subscription date will be extended and you will NOT NEED to reactivate. Just use as usual.

My Crackberry purchase account email is different to my SmrtGuard secondary email, so although I've downloaded the full version from Crackberry/Mobihand and reactivated it several times its still not being recognised.

Check the email sent to you from Crackberry/Mobihand confirming your purchase information. I think you'll find its different to your SmrtGuard secondary email address.

My SmrtGuard portal is still showing:
    YOUR DATA PROTECTION SUBSCRIPTION HAS EXPIRED. PLEASE RENEW!
    And I can't backup or use the other PRO features on my device.

Solution?
    I'm going to fire off a support email and hopefully post the solution.
    05-29-10 07:10 AM
    My upgrade went without a hitch yesterday. Got two e-mails, one from MobiHand and one from SmartGuard. The one from SG had the link to upgrade. No problems. Not one issue. Installation was smooth. Kept all my settings from the free version and allowed all the new settings to be put in place.

I am truly sorry to hear others are not having the same smooth transition. Best of luck resolving this issue.
    05-29-10 07:48 AM
    I and I'm sure countless others must be having the same problem. I think the problem lies in the following paragraph found on the SmrtGuard subscriptions page.

NOTE:
    1. When purchase, use your secondary email to purchase. This way, your existing account will be upgraded.
    2. After purchase, your data protection subscription date will be extended and you will NOT NEED to reactivate. Just use as usual.

My Crackberry purchase account email is different to my SmrtGuard secondary email, so although I've downloaded the full version from Crackberry/Mobihand and reactivated it several times its still not being recognised.

Check the email sent to you from Crackberry/Mobihand confirming your purchase information. I think you'll find its different to your SmrtGuard secondary email address.

My SmrtGuard portal is still showing:
    YOUR DATA PROTECTION SUBSCRIPTION HAS EXPIRED. PLEASE RENEW!
    And I can't backup or use the other PRO features on my device.

Solution?
    I'm going to fire off a support email and hopefully post the solution.
    I see your points and I understand them. However, my secondary email with SmrtGuard is my native BB email account through AT&T, whereas my email account for the Crackberry/Mobihand online store account is a different one altogether.

I sent off an email to SmrtGuard yesterday but I don't think they got to see it before they closed for the long holiday weekend. I'm hoping someone can help before Tues.

Thanks for the help. I'll post any reply I get, too.
    05-29-10 10:42 AM
    My upgrade went without a hitch yesterday. Got two e-mails, one from MobiHand and one from SmartGuard. The one from SG had the link to upgrade. No problems. Not one issue. Installation was smooth. Kept all my settings from the free version and allowed all the new settings to be put in place.

I am truly sorry to hear others are not having the same smooth transition. Best of luck resolving this issue.
    That's encouraging but my only curiosity is if the email account you use for SmrtGuard and Crackberry/Mobihand are the same. If that's the case then I can understand and would expect it to go smoothly. It appears the issue RolfWeber and I are having stems from having different email addresses for these two accounts.
    05-29-10 10:45 AM
    I had this same problem, I sent and email to SmrtGuard telling them the purchase email was different from my secondary email and provided both to them. Within in a day or so they replied telling me that the subscription I brought with my account that was already established
    10-29-10 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD