I'm giving away a socialscope invite that I do not need. All you have to do Is follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/bboy2143 for your chance to win. Once I reach 120 followers, I will pick a lucky winner

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 10:18 AM
    following 10char
    08-13-09 01:38 PM
    following O.o
    08-13-09 01:52 PM
    30 more followers till I give it away!

08-13-09 02:07 PM
    This reminds me of the blackberry onyx contest that was going on a few weeks ago (maybe it's still going on?), where a person is required to follow all these folks to get a chance to win something and could get disqualified if they failed to follow any one of a few diff people. To me it seems counterintuitive to try to get a certain amount of followers for the mere purpose of giving away something that you have no use for, particularly because once it's done, no one has a true incentive to keep following thereafter, unless these contests are ongoing.

If this is what you're trying to establish, I'd be interested to hear more about it and more about the products you'd like to make available for your followers:-)

Just curious.
    08-13-09 02:22 PM
    This reminds me of the blackberry onyx contest that was going on a few weeks ago (maybe it's still going on?), where a person is required to follow all these folks to get a chance to win something and could get disqualified if they failed to follow any one of a few diff people. To me it seems counterintuitive to try to get a certain amount of followers for the mere purpose of giving away something that you have no use for, particularly because once it's done, no one has a true incentive to keep following thereafter, unless these contests are ongoing.

If this is what you're trying to establish, I'd be interested to hear more about it and more about the products you'd like to make available for your followers:-)

Just curious.
    The more followers you get, the more people that read to the stuff your saying. Just my 2 cents

08-13-09 03:52 PM
    Awesome - PICK ME!!
    08-13-09 03:55 PM
    I have another invite coming after this one. So if you don't win, you do have a chance to win the other one.

08-13-09 03:58 PM
    The more followers you get, the more people that read to the stuff your saying. Just my 2 cents

Yeah, I get that part. I was just curious as to whether or not you would be having an ongoing contest of some sort to keep the people that followed you for the sole purpose of being eligible for what you were giving away, via contest. Otherwise, it isn't clear to me why one might expect those followers to continue following.

But in general you're absolutely right, getting more followers, in whatever fashion, might entice people to pay attention to you and what you're saying. My point is: there is nothing unreasonable about having a gimick. Perhaps consider giving them a reason to stay.

That's my 2. :-)
    Last edited by I_love_my_bold; 08-13-09 at 04:22 PM. Reason: sp
    08-13-09 04:19 PM
    Yeah, I get that part. I was just curious as to whether or not you would be having an ongoing contest of some sort to keep the people that followed you for the sole purpose of being eligible for what you were giving away, via contest. Otherwise, it isn't clear to me why one might expect to those followers to continue following.

But in general you're absolutely right, getting more followers, in whatever fashion, might entice people to pay attention to you and what you're saying.

That's my 2. :-)
    Loll maybe. Like I said I just want followers :P. Maybe I'll throw in stuff that I don't need such as skins, holsters, etc in the future.

08-13-09 04:21 PM
    Following.
    And hoping I get the invite since I've posted about this in the past, and you invited me into your contest..
    08-13-09 04:22 PM
    I'm In...........(10 Char lol)
    08-13-09 04:32 PM
    Allrighty I'll play
    08-13-09 04:47 PM
    Need 22 more followers
    08-13-09 09:25 PM
    I'm in as well.
    08-14-09 02:12 PM
    13 more followers and its gone to a lucky follower
    08-14-09 04:18 PM
    Congratulations to @sasha_speck for winning. Stay tuned because 1 more inv is coming. Hopefully soon! Thanks to all that participated!

08-14-09 11:13 PM
    Following you dude!
    08-15-09 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD