I'm trying to use Content Transfer to switch from my Passport SE to Android but it doesn't work.

First of all, I'm supposed to have the option of using wifi and that option is not presented. So I go with Google Drive and I keep getting an "error" indicating that I should install the latest version of Content Transfer on the target device, which is nonsense, and the app just shuts down.

I don't want to use media card transfer because I'm completely replacing the card with a much higher capacity card in the new device.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10 on a Passport SE
    12-24-17 08:37 AM
    I'm trying to use Content Transfer to switch from my Passport SE to Android but it doesn't work.

First of all, I'm supposed to have the option of using wifi and that option is not presented. So I go with Google Drive and I keep getting an "error" indicating that I should install the latest version of Content Transfer on the target device, which is nonsense, and the app just shuts down.

I don't want to use media card transfer because I'm completely replacing the card with a much higher capacity card in the new device.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10 on a Passport SE
    Well, first of all, what Android are you trying to transfer to. Second, it's only nonsense if you don't understand what you are doing. It's usually operator error.
    12-24-17 08:57 AM
    So then if it's operator error go ahead and educate me as to what I'm doing wrong.

I tap "next", get an error and then the app shuts down.

The device I want to transfer to is irrelevant at this stage because it's not even getting to that.
    12-24-17 02:24 PM
    So then if it's operator error go ahead and educate me as to what I'm doing wrong.

I tap "next", get an error and then the app shuts down.

The device I want to transfer to is irrelevant at this stage because it's not even getting to that.
    Reboot your phone and try again?
    12-24-17 02:55 PM
    Tried that. Multiple reboots with the same result.

Is the Content Transfer app restricted to being used to xfer to a BB android, or should it be usable with any Android device?

I don't think it's an issue here because it's not even getting to the point where I have to select a target device.
    12-24-17 04:21 PM

Is the Content Transfer app restricted to being used to xfer to a BB android, or should it be usable with any Android device?

I don't think it's an issue here because it's not even getting to the point where I have to select a target device.
    Well, it's called the BlackBerry Content Transfer App.
    12-24-17 04:44 PM

What do you mean select a target device? Dont you just install the App on the target device and log into it to transfer the data that was backed up on intimal device?
    12-24-17 07:47 PM
    Looks like you select the source device from the target device. I fired it up on the Android device and it wanted me to select the source device from a list of devices on the same wifi network.
    12-24-17 08:55 PM
    Nowhere have I seen anything specific that states it will only work on BB's. My issue is occurring on my Passport before the app even knows where I'm doing the transfer to.
    12-24-17 08:56 PM
    At this point I've given up. AT&T has an app which I used to transfer my contacts, which was the biggie for me. All my data (with the exception of Remember notes - I have no idea where and how they're stored) I transferred to a PC then over to the Android device.
    12-24-17 08:59 PM
    You can still you the media card for this purpose. After getting all the numbers into your new devices, format the media card to erase everything on it, and replace it with the new media card for your new device. That is simple, given that transfer by media card is an option.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-17 07:21 AM