I recently purchased an 8530 to replace my older curve - (prior model had trackball problems), but the new phone does not seem to be able access my contacts from the maps application, even though the documentation says it should work. I've tried messing with layers (they don't seem to do what the documentation states, either), but to no avail. Has anyone else run into this problem - (checked forum, but did not find anything)? Thanks!
    05-15-10 06:51 PM
    Using BBMaps, press Menu, select Find Location, From Contacts, select a contact, and BBMaps maps it on my 9630. What happens differently when you try it on your 8530?
    05-15-10 07:14 PM
    Using BBMaps, I press Menu, select Find Location then have only the following available (i.e.., "From Contact" is *not* one of my choices:
    -> Where I Am
    -> Advanced
    -> Recent
    -> Favorites
    I see past Favorites and Recent is also populated if I open them up, but no "From Contact" anywhere.
    Thanks!
    05-15-10 11:32 PM
    ..."From Contact" is *not* one of my choices...I see past Favorites and Recent is also populated if I open them up, but no "From Contact" anywhere....
    That suggests a possible permissions problem. Go to Options / Advanced Options / Applications. Select BlackBerry Maps, press Menu, and click Edit Default Permissions. Here are my settings. Compare yours to these.
    Connections
    USB Allow
    Bluetooth Allow
    Phone Prompt
    Location Data Prompt
    Server Network Prompt
    Internet Prompt

Interactions
    Cross Application Communication Allow
    Device Settings Allow
    Media Allow
    Application Management Allow
    Themes Allow
    Input Simulation Deny
    Browser Filtering Deny
    Recording Prompt
    Security Timer Reset Deny

User Data
    Email Allow
    Organizer Data Allow
    Files Allow
    Security Data Allow

If you have settings that are less restrictive than mine, it's not necessary to make them more restrictive, but if you have Deny where I have Allow or Prompt, change that permission to match mine and see if it solves the problem. I'm guessing that you don't allow Organizer Data. Let me know what you find.
    05-16-10 05:53 AM
    Actually you should be able to go to the contact that you would like to see on the map, hit the menu, and view home/work map. And if the address is set up properly, it should work.
    05-16-10 06:53 AM
    Could not get to an Advanced Options for the Maps application, but was able to boog321's approach to work. I am curious if this is the only approach that works... the documentation specifically states that contacts should be available from the maps application. boog321, are you also without a Contacts option from maps?

Thanks so much to both of you for assisting with this!
    05-16-10 11:26 PM
    Not advanced options in maps. From your Home Screen, Options / Advanced Options / Applications.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD