Not sure if im asking a redundant question or something. But i got a email telling me that I need to revalidate my gmail acount, went through the process and I noticed a new feature. I could sync my gmail contacts to my Berry. When did this happen? I selected the option and its been at 0% for the past 10 minutes. When I set this account up and looked at settings I still had my 7290, so its been a while.
    03-03-10 07:14 AM
    try google sync

m.google.com/sync from your browser.
    03-03-10 07:55 AM
    I used google sync in the past, this is a completely different case, its built in into the BIS mail component.
    03-03-10 07:59 AM
    Ya the sync is terrible though. It goes through BIS and completely messes up your contacts I do not recommend it.
    03-03-10 03:06 PM
    Ya the sync is terrible though. It goes through BIS and completely messes up your contacts I do not recommend it.
    Totally agree, i have seen it screw up more than a few contact lists, Google Sync has always worked better for me.
    03-03-10 03:13 PM
    m.google.com/sync download the app! it's the best way I think
    03-03-10 03:28 PM
    When I go to download google sync there is no longer a link to click to download it. It states "to find out if your phone is supported...visit the Google Mobile website on your computer". Is anyone else experiencing this? I have never seen this. My BB bricked and I had to reload the OS and download all my apps again.
    03-03-10 11:03 PM
    When did it happen though that you could start syncing (or at least apparently try) contacts via BIS? Ive founds that google sync really eats my battery life a lot.
    03-03-10 11:52 PM
    When I go to download google sync there is no longer a link to click to download it. It states "to find out if your phone is supported...visit the Google Mobile website on your computer". Is anyone else experiencing this? I have never seen this. My BB bricked and I had to reload the OS and download all my apps again.
    Try this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/can...0/#post4774257
    03-04-10 01:56 AM
    When did it happen though that you could start syncing (or at least apparently try) contacts via BIS? Ive founds that google sync really eats my battery life a lot.
    The "Enhanced Gmail Plug-in" was released some time last year. Nothing it does so far is extremely worthwhile yet, and I totally agree with the above assessments as I've also caused my self grief experimenting with the sync feature, but I'm optimistic about it. Look at how long it took them to make Google Sync reliable. The plug-in is much newer than the app.

The bad news, though, is that once you can reliably sync with the plugin, it will likely start using more power like the app currently does. lol If you're concerned about battery life you could set Google Sync only to sync manually and not automatically. Just a thought.
    03-04-10 02:01 AM
    For me the BIS sync has worked better than the Google Sync
    It did create duplicate contacts sometimes, but then just had to set "Allow Duplicate Names" to "NO" in address book options to resolve the issue !
    03-09-10 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD