So, I'm considering writing an app for myself.

All I really want is a fixed database. I just want to be able to scroll through a list of protocols, select one, and have it take me to the written description of the protocol. Everything would be fixed, really no options to change anything, just scroll, click and read, then go back. Probably no graphics, just text.

So, my question is, how difficult would this be? I have no previous experience, and no idea how the whole JDE thing works. I'm willing to learn!

So, is this something that's easy enough to do, or am I out of my league??
    08-20-09 07:50 PM
    why not make a spreadsheet? ...
    sounds like you are trying to make things too complex, just sayin.
    08-21-09 12:04 PM
    If you mean a speadsheet to be used on the phone, there is too much data to be put into each protocol to be useful that way.

Each protocol has a good 8-10 lines of information, and there are 50-60 protocols. I was looking for something to be arranged in a hierarchical method, allowing me to work down the flow chart until I get the protocol I want, then have the info on that protocol presented....anyone???
    08-21-09 06:16 PM
    Protocol?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-22-09 04:33 AM
    Well you need to have atleast some programming experience to understand how an app would be constructed in such a way.

Not saying you won't be able to learn it, just that applying it all to an app while you try to learn programming itself will be pretty messy.

There's tons of books out there that can teach you java. After that its up to yourself to learn Blackberry Development using the online material provided by Blackberry. (Videos, tutorials, samples, knowledge base articles, blackberry developers blog etc).

08-22-09 04:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD