I have just had a real issue with IM+ which was stuck in a loop of asking for permissions to be changed (although all were set to "Allow") and closing to apply the changes. On re-opening it would start the loop all over again

I was frustrated beyond belief as I use this to communicate with all my MSN and Facebook contacts including business contacts.

It turns out that this problem is caused entirely by the NEW version of Blackberry AppWorld...discovered by the techs at ShapeServices who wrote IM+ and who, I have to say, have been very good at supporting me in resolving this error.
    They sent me bespoke programs to clean out settings and sort out clean installs, but finally suggested an uninstall of AppWorld might sort it as they have had issues with the new release from other users.

Uninstalled AppWorld and immediately IM+ started behaving as if nothing had happened!!! Turns out it has messed with several apps, blocking access to some permissions even when they were set to "Allow"

Thought I would share this as I am sure others will have this app combo on their Berrys....

Cheers, and thanks again to the IM+ team for sorting me out!

Steve
    08-04-09 01:26 PM
    This happened to me as well. Here's hoping they can sort this out quickly. Doesn't make sense...
    08-04-09 03:53 PM
    Interesting! Any other apps that this is happening to? I deleted App World because, well, I thought it was a waste of space and download mainly from handango, or CB App Store. I was thinking of trying it out again with the new update, but maybe will hold off a bit
    08-04-09 03:59 PM
    I have been hearing the same issues as the OP is describing...
    08-04-09 04:03 PM
    Hopefull the new 8.2.0 release of IM+ sorts the problem...will be installing AppWorld again and giving it a go.
    08-06-09 11:00 AM
    All sorted - download the new version of IM+ from IM+ All-in-One Messenger, IM+ for Skype for iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Android, Palm and the new BB AppWorld from BlackBerry App World and all is good with the world again...
    08-06-09 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD