Facebook 1.2 is not giving notification via the facebook icon like the 1.0 version did-instead, it sends email notifications to your registered email-very annoying.

So, while I wait for the next version, does anyone know of a way that I can revert back to 1.0? Anyone know if it's still possible to get? I can't find it anywhere.

I'd gladly never have the "is" problem fixed and have proper notifications..

thanks,

split
    06-15-08 03:28 PM
    I've been looking all over for ways to revert back as well and I have yet to find anything. I think we might just have to wait for the next update, and considering how long it took to get this one, it could be a while...
    06-15-08 03:33 PM
    I have the "older" version on my phone, is there a way I can save it out of Apps Loader and send it to you?
    06-15-08 03:35 PM
    I get notifications just fine.
    06-15-08 03:47 PM
    But that doesn't mean that everyone does.
    06-15-08 03:48 PM
    My notifications are apotty at best. Lately, the only thing I've been getting notifications about is when someone writes on my wall.

I guess I'll just have to deal with it.
    06-15-08 04:09 PM
    TheSultan-

I think you can search your computer for a .alx or .cod file (I think .cod is right). You can simply email or pm that file.

If you can pull that off, I'd truly appreciate it and will also be able to tell for sure if notifications revert back to the way they were.

Split

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 01:02 AM
    Same here. Guess we're some of the lucky few
    06-16-08 02:45 AM
    I also wanna get back old version...

So we need 1.2.1 version soon...
    06-16-08 06:08 AM
    OK, we're apparently out of the realm of my expertise and ability here :*(

I've used the search files and folders on my Vista machine, and I've gone into Windows Explorer to try and look through folders there too. I can't find anything on my computer
    06-16-08 07:33 AM
    yep, glad i didnt upgrade!!
    06-16-08 08:14 AM
    AUtigers350z, can you confirm that you ARE getting all notifications via your FB icon on your home screen and yo ARE using Facebook app version 1.2?

Thanks,

split

(and TheSultan, thanks for looking. I'm pretty sure the files are buried in a folder called "researchinmotion", biut I'd have to double check.)
    06-16-08 11:29 AM
    I figured they were in there so I looked in that folder too. Still couldn't find it.

So, you guys are supposed to be getting notifications with this facebook app?? Funny because I've never received any! I'm using 1.0.0.23
    06-16-08 11:32 AM
    Maybe someone will notice and fix the Status so its syncs properly with my profile
    06-16-08 11:35 AM
    This is hilarious.

Clearly, the developers of this app have some work to do...

split
    06-16-08 11:36 AM
    i havent had any problems at all, my status syncs normally, i always get my FB notifications(red star next to FB icon), wall updates etc. Im using the old version
    06-16-08 12:11 PM
    Yep, I was too using the old version. Don't upgrade yet! And if you can figure out a way to share the old version with us, please let us know!

Thanks,

split
    06-16-08 12:16 PM
    i havent had any problems at all, my status syncs normally, i always get my FB notifications(red star next to FB icon), wall updates etc. Im using the old version
    Drag - my status have never matched up since day 1. If I set it from a PC it never syncs to my BB.
    06-16-08 12:30 PM
    I'm not having any problems. I've been using the new version for about a week now and I'm getting my photo, wall, and other comments just fine as well as friend requests.

06-16-08 01:04 PM
    No problems here either, running v1.2.
    06-16-08 01:24 PM
    I had a question for those w problems. What emails do you receive as plain text? I don't think all the add ons will cm to the application. My superpoke for example always came as plain text. If that's what you're referring to. It may only work for the native facebook apps lk the wall your messages etc. Not sure if I'm right correct me if I'm wrong.

06-18-08 02:50 PM
    Hmm. I've been getting notifications fine so far.

06-18-08 03:01 PM
    Here's what I'm experiencing:

I get notifications when:

I get a new facebook message
    Someone confirms me as a friend

All other notifications like funwall posts, etc, come in the form of an email. Movies, Funwall, etc.

-split
    06-18-08 06:29 PM
    Here's what I'm experiencing:

I get notifications when:

I get a new facebook message
    Someone confirms me as a friend

All other notifications like funwall posts, etc, come in the form of an email. Movies, Funwall, etc.

-split
    ok that's what I was thinking this thread was pertaining to. I blv the facebook add ons will continue to come as regular texts like you said funwall etc. I think it is only set up to do the basic stuff like you said ( friend confirmations, messages, wall posts, and pokes). o yeah uploading photos, it will also send you photo comments, I don't think you can reply to them though. So I don't think it' s that it is broken it's just set up to do the basics. maybe they will have it set up for every app you can add to facebook but i think for now it's set to do the basics. I may be wrong and feel free to correct me bc I'd like to know myself.
    06-18-08 11:09 PM
    theprep-

...I think you might be right. I just realized that I don't have a "wall" anymore, I have "funwall" for some stupid reason.

I went and deleted both the Funwall and the Movies application. Let's see what happens now...

split
    06-19-08 12:47 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD