First off, I have a Curve 8310 for AT&T.

Had the phone for about 8 months, and never used the "compose" application to create a new SMS or MMS message, I usually go to my contacts and use menu button, or click on the date from the messages list to create new SMS/MMS.

Last nite I was showing a friend how to create a new SMS on his Curve 8330, and he asked why he couldn't just use the "compose" app. When I tried to show him that when you select that icon, it goes to your address book, and clicking on a contact will dial them. But to my surprise, it created a new SMS message. This was not the case before.

So I went on about my day today using the "compose" icon to create SMS messages in 1 step. Then all of the sudden, it stopped working this way in the afternoon and has reverted back to the original function of dialing the contact when clicking on it. Is this common? Has this happened to anyone else?
    06-03-09 11:25 PM
    i have no idea why your compose app is tweaking like that. i personally use the compose sms button myself. i would say unless it doesnt cause problems just go back to your old way, and if it does cause problems take it into the ATT store.
    06-04-09 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD