Anyone else seeing this? I have several Compliments of BlackBerry applications which are not getting the same updates as the equivalent paid versions.

One such example is Photo Studio PRO by KVADGroup. I have it installed at version 1.1.13 but the paid version of Photo Studio PRO is currently at version 1.2. I only realized when a family member with the paid version got the update notification in AppWorld. At first I thought it was just a refresh issue, so I did an Alt + RST within AppWorld, but it never appeared.

I will submit a ticket to KVADGroup as well.

Thanks.
    01-18-13 04:34 PM
    Do you mean complaints?

It wouldnt surprise me. They want to make sure the paid people get the most up to date and feature rich. It might be an issue of they havent made the free version update yet because there is more involved, or they just added new features to the paid version.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-18-13 05:14 PM
    Do you mean complaints?

It wouldnt surprise me. They want to make sure the paid people get the most up to date and feature rich. It might be an issue of they havent made the free version update yet because there is more involved, or they just added new features to the paid version.
    No, he means the apps that were given to users for free a while back compliments of BB. As to why you didn't get an update is because you have the one given to you by BB which is basically a seperate app. You should download the free one and use the code that you got when you got during the compliments of BB promotion, it should work..I still get updates with the free version with the code I got from winning a Crackberry contest.
    01-18-13 11:28 PM
    I looked, the app doesn't have a serial number, it shows up as "null". Like you said, it was a separate app, so they would likely need to update it themselves. I've contacted their support team and am awaiting a response.
    01-19-13 11:13 AM
    No, he means the apps that were given to users for free a while back compliments of BB. As to why you didn't get an update is because you have the one given to you by BB which is basically a seperate app. You should download the free one and use the code that you got when you got during the compliments of BB promotion, it should work..I still get updates with the free version with the code I got from winning a Crackberry contest.
    No. When the member responded…
    Do you mean complaints?
    It was a response to this…
    I will submit a ticket to KVADGroup as well.
    When someone indicates a "ticket" it usually means a complaint/support ticket.
    What I believe the OP was meaning to say he sent an "inquiry" as to why he did not receive the upgrade for the paid version.

The responding member also already stated basically the same answer you provided in that there would be more involved in updating the complimentary applications as they are free, and possibly only updated the paid version of the application.
    Also, there were no activation codes provided for the complimentary applications, so there are no valid codes to input in the free trials or paid versions.
    The code you received as a contest winner is for an actual paid application which is why it works for updates.
    01-19-13 04:18 PM
    KVADGroup support got back to me quickly, and provided me with a new activation key! (Since one wasn't given before). I had to remove the Compliments of Blackberry version and re-install the normal version, so now I'll get upgrades.

Great customer service!
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-20-13 08:15 PM
    KVADGroup are really nice people
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-21-13 10:14 PM
    Also, there were no activation codes provided for the complimentary applications, so there are no valid codes to input in the free trials or paid versions.
    The code you received as a contest winner is for an actual paid application which is why it works for updates.
    Not exactly- the Comp of BB BeWeather app came with an activation code that I used when I updated to the latest OS. Worked fine. However, today in App World (excuse me, Blackberry World) there was as "update" available- I "updated" and gave me the latest FREE version that is crippled. And now there is no easy way to 'enter my validation code' to gain access to the full version I've been using. So I have to go through bellshare to get it fixed, I presume.
    01-22-13 03:21 PM
    Not exactly- the Comp of BB BeWeather app came with an activation code that I used when I updated to the latest OS. Worked fine. However, today in App World (excuse me, Blackberry World) there was as "update" available- I "updated" and gave me the latest FREE version that is crippled. And now there is no easy way to 'enter my validation code' to gain access to the full version I've been using. So I have to go through bellshare to get it fixed, I presume.
    I did not any need activation codes for any of the complimentary applications.
    The complimentary versions of the giveaway were made specifically to be detected by RIM on user devices and had the ability to remain listed in the applications list.
    Even when changing devices.
    The complimentary versions, free versions, and paid versions are all totally separate applications. Your "update" was for the free "crippled" version.
    If you claim to have received an activation code for the complimentary application, it would make sense that it would not work for the paid application by entering it in the free application.
    Those are 2 separate items out of 3, all with separate application titles.
    The same was for BerryBuzz (BeBuzz) and the rest of the Bellshare suite that was offered for free.
    01-22-13 07:24 PM
    Well, the complimentary version of BeWeather that I received needed an activation code. The activation code worked when updated to the latest OS on the 9810. The app itself transferred fine, when I went to use it, it asked for the activation code and worked flawlessly. The update that was shown on BBWorld this AM did not specify what version it was for(compliments, Free or full), just that there was an upgrade available. When it installed there was no "enter activation code" option, it overwrote the old FULL FEATURED version with the BeWeather Free version. the only choice I have is to pay the 9.99 with this version. I have a ticket in with the bellshare folks, so I'll see how that goes. It isn't like I was hiding having the app- they had my PIN on account, and have sent emails to the device for various reasons. I'm not going to cry about it if they decided to lose those hangers on with free versions of full apps- I'll find another free app for my weather. I just liked the look of it.
    01-22-13 08:25 PM
    Anyone else seeing this? I have several Compliments of BlackBerry applications which are not getting the same updates as the equivalent paid versions.

One such example is Photo Studio PRO by KVADGroup...
    Photo Studio free updated to 1.2.1 today. I just updated it and ran across this post a few minutes later.
    01-22-13 08:48 PM
    Well, the complimentary version of BeWeather that I received needed an activation code. The activation code worked when updated to the latest OS on the 9810. The app itself transferred fine, when I went to use it, it asked for the activation code and worked flawlessly. The update that was shown on BBWorld this AM did not specify what version it was for(compliments, Free or full), just that there was an upgrade available. When it installed there was no "enter activation code" option, it overwrote the old FULL FEATURED version with the BeWeather Free version. the only choice I have is to pay the 9.99 with this version. I have a ticket in with the bellshare folks, so I'll see how that goes. It isn't like I was hiding having the app- they had my PIN on account, and have sent emails to the device for various reasons. I'm not going to cry about it if they decided to lose those hangers on with free versions of full apps- I'll find another free app for my weather. I just liked the look of it.
    I was only addressing the point in which you quoted my post saying that you needed an activation code for the complimentary version of BerryWeather.
    I can only state that I did not any need activation codes for any of the complimentary applications offered.
    I have only needed activation codes for paid applications.
    I never needed application codes for complimentary or free applications.
    I can only say that when you overwrite applications, you may want to pay attention to the versions being replaced and downloaded.
    That way you can be aware of what version you have and what is necessary to have it run on your device.
    I cannot address your issues with your activation of a paid app with a code you claimed was provided for a complimentary app.
    It seems you are following correct procedure in contacting support and attempting to fix your issue.
    01-22-13 09:12 PM
    Photo Studio free updated to 1.2.1 today. I just updated it and ran across this post a few minutes later.
    Photo Studio free and Photo Studio Pro are two separate applications.
    01-22-13 09:14 PM
    A quick update to my Be Weather Free problem. I just received a solution to my ticket, they pointed me to the download page on their site and I was able to download the version for my 9810. In it went and works with FULL features. Took the Free version out completely. It did NOT ask for the activation code this time, but I assume that it is already in the memory or cache for the install from the previous working full version. I still have the original code in my memo's so I am NOT hallucinating that it was required the first time it was installed; even though it was one of the compliments of BB apps released. I needed it when I updated the OS to 7.1.0.694 a few months ago. It's back to normal and that's what matters. kudos to bellshare for the quick fix.
    01-23-13 03:22 PM
    Just noticed on Photo Studio Pro 1.2.1 change logs: BB10 Version

Hopefully, this means registered users of Pro on BBOS will get BB10 version for free.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-23-13 05:02 PM