I recently got a Bold 9000 and it came with 2 desktop icons push weather &stocks.I want to COMPLETELY REMOVE THESE PROGRAMS,AS THEY ARE ONLY TAKING UP NEEDED SPACE.

Could someone please, direct me step by step,on how to get these programs off my phone???
    04-01-10 07:27 PM
    You can't. They are carrier-pushed shortcuts that are a part of your service books. The good news is that they are just shortcuts to the actual programs, so they take up essentially no room. Just highlight them, open the menu, click "hide," and forget about them.

It's technically possible to tinker with the service books to get rid of them, but they'll just keep coming back anytime your carrier pushes you new ones. Easier to hide them once than delete them over and over again.
    04-01-10 07:56 PM
    Better to make a new folder called "Junk" and move all of those things to the Junk folder and then hide the Junk folder.

Even if you delete the service books, every time you reboot your device they will just come back again. They don't take up a lot of room if hidden since they are just launchers not actual programs.
    04-01-10 07:59 PM
    Thanks guys ,
    am happy to hear that they don't take up loads of space.I will do the junk folder thing.
    04-01-10 08:05 PM
    Thanks guys ,
    am happy to hear that they don't take up loads of space.I will do the junk folder thing.
    It is not just your carrier. I have AT&T and have 17 of those things from them in my junk folder, which I hid.
    04-01-10 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD