I'm not sure if this thread should be in this section of the forums or the Apps section, so mods if I'm posting in the wrong place, please feel free to move it accordingly.

Okay I was just curious as to the compatability of some applications on certain models even though they indicate that your specific model type (In my case, Bold 9650) is not supported.

Is there models that are "close enough" to other (newer) models that the majority of applications that are compatable with the given model, chances are they are also compatable with other model as well? (Even though it is not listed)

Sorry if that sounds confusing but basically what I want to know is, what other models are similar to each other, so that if I find an app that isn't compatable with my specific model, but maybe with an older model of the tour for example, chances are it will still work on my phone.

Hopefully that's not too confusing, if anyone could clear things up for me that'd be great.

Thanks again!
    12-26-10 11:58 AM
    I'm not sure if this thread should be in this section of the forums or the Apps section, so mods if I'm posting in the wrong place, please feel free to move it accordingly.

Okay I was just curious as to the compatability of some applications on certain models even though they indicate that your specific model type (In my case, Bold 9650) is not supported.

Is there models that are "close enough" to other (newer) models that the majority of applications that are compatable with the given model, chances are they are also compatable with other model as well? (Even though it is not listed)

Sorry if that sounds confusing but basically what I want to know is, what other models are similar to each other, so that if I find an app that isn't compatable with my specific model, but maybe with an older model of the tour for example, chances are it will still work on my phone.

Hopefully that's not too confusing, if anyone could clear things up for me that'd be great.

Thanks again!
    No, If you are talking about an application, it has to be listed for YOUR MODEL more than likely or it will not work.
    However, an exception to this that I can think of is the NFL Mobile app which I believe worked on the 9650 at the beginning of the season even tho it was meant for the Tour. Are there more apps like that? I doubt. but I could be wrong.

Exceptions to that are themes because they are based on resolutions.
    If I am wrong, someone will correct me please.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 12-26-10 at 12:15 PM.
    12-26-10 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD