08-15-13 06:05 AM
32 12
tools
    brodcaster: NP

Thank you for reporting this. I will re-check this part. I didn't use a password for my new phone, and this is the first time that I receive a report about this bug.
    I'm glad you check this thread awesome to have the developer responding! I'm using a bb 9900. Sorry I didn't include that in the report. And I was using the software with windows 7 64bit. I'm just wondering if the bug is a by-product of the auto unlock feature?

Cheers.

PS: This is strictly a UI request and not even slightly urgent. Could you at some point include an option to reduce the button sizes? Both top and bottom. My monitor is only about 9 inches tall and they look HUGE.
    06-29-12 10:20 AM
    brodcaster: NP

I'm glad you check this thread awesome to have the developer responding! I'm using a bb 9900. Sorry I didn't include that in the report. And I was using the software with windows 7 64bit. I'm just wondering if the bug is a by-product of the auto unlock feature?
    OK, I can confirm this bug. It turns out the password entry doesn't work on most phones. I am going to try to find a workaround for this.

PS: This is strictly a UI request and not even slightly urgent. Could you at some point include an option to reduce the button sizes? Both top and bottom. My monitor is only about 9 inches tall and they look HUGE.
    Ok, i will try to make smaller buttons. Meanwhile, you can move (drag) the toolbars to the left, so that you will have more vertical space.
    07-02-12 01:25 AM
    OK, I can confirm this bug. It turns out the password entry doesn't work on most phones. I am going to try to find a workaround for this.
    Temporary work around: disable "Auto unlock" in the desktop option. This option was meant to auto unlock keyboard lock (not password lock), and I didn't know that this interfere with the "password lock".
    07-03-12 03:39 AM
    Just downloaded the trial of both. With SOTI the space bar didn't work. Not sure why but I then downloaded TC. Space bar works but I can't seem to use shift with a character to make, for instance, the colon, a question mark or any other symbol. Anyone have a solution? I am using the remote control to type in Groovy Notes. It's slick and I LOVE it, but I can see not being able to type numbers and characters is not going to work :-(
    I also tried typing in the box at the bottom versus directly on the blue remote control screen. Letters type fine, numbers, characters, etc do not.
    Using BB 9900 7.1.0.391 on Win XP PC over a wifi connection
    Last edited by vecharo; 08-14-12 at 08:44 PM.
    08-14-12 08:40 PM
    Update:
    It's remote control that's the culprit. No issues with typing chars in memo's just in typing in remote control. I'm in email communications with Yohanes so hopefully this is something that can be fixed.
    08-16-12 06:41 PM
    I am trying it out now on my MBP. PRoblem is when I connect using USB or Wifi the screen does not seem to refresh. It is always stuck at 1 screen. I can type and it will type on the BB Torch 9810 but the screen(on mac) does not update and reflect the actual screen on the BB.

What could be wrong?
    11-12-12 12:37 AM
    Hi! When will there be a version of TinyController for BB10?
    I used to have Soti but now can't use it anymore with my Z10.

Thanks!
    08-15-13 06:05 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD