I think a better name for this AOSL app would be "ShortcutMeBerryBuzz_85%".
    ROTFL what a clever post! I think a better name for nikkisoft should be "petty-jealous-unprofessional-company-with-no-better-name-than-that-of-a-catSoft".
    03-23-12 08:02 PM
    Why are you so bitter? his app does what your app, bebuzz and loads others do all for free and uses hardly any battery life all in a very small package. Even I just turned off my Bebuzz and deleted some apps as ASOS&L does it all. Stop moaning and just give up already.

It's obvious you're very threatened. Loser..

BTW ASOS&L verision 11.1.0 update is showing on Appworld already. #letsgetit

Did you come up with any features of your app that are your own? Even one? From what I can see every feature you have is taken from other apps. That's fine I guess as nobody can stop you from pilfering even app names apparently. Just askin...

QuickLaunch by NikkiSoft
    Click to view quoted image
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 03-23-12 at 08:40 PM.
    03-23-12 08:29 PM
    This thread makes me sad. I've used QuickLaunch on 3 different blackberries & love it. That doesn't mean there isn't room for other products. You guys wanna duke it out, why not do it privately? This looks really unprofessional...and like I said, sad.
    03-23-12 08:53 PM
    Sultan: My appworld is stuck at version 10.5.
    I've tried several reboots and both the ALT R-S-T trick and the "Refresh List" command.
    Anything else you can think of so I get offered the 11.2 update?
    03-23-12 09:03 PM
    No, I'm not mad, jealous, threatened or anything like that at all. These apps aren't even in competition. He can add whatever features he wants to his app. Everything is good with me. I wish him luck. The only thing I don't like is him using my app's name. That's all. I have nothing against the dev.

If he wants to use the name QuickLaunch and QL in the promotion of his app then I feel I have a right to post screenshots of the real QuickLaunch app in this thread and any other thread of his I find in the future that promotes his app's 'QL features' or 'QuickLaunch' ability.

To be honest I don't even care that much really. But unlike others here I feel like the AOSL developer should expect to receive a little backlash and trash talk for using my app's name and copying some of the features. Creativity should be rewarded and using someone else intellectual property should be frowned upon.

So good luck to you AOSL dev. Leave my app's name out your promotions please.
    thanks.

The Original and still the Best QuickLaunch - by NikkiSoft
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 03-23-12 at 09:31 PM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-23-12 09:14 PM
    with all do respect, i must disagree with you, no one owns the words screenshot, or blacklight, or LED. quick launch is an original term used for windows machines, please read more about it here.
    Quick Launch Definition - What Is Quick Launch?

i respect peoples personal preference and what app they choose, but please avoid providing misleading information, as you have already tested my beta, you know i call it "QLaunch" feature, which is not the same.
    I did not provide any misleading information. The features are described throughout this thread as "quicklaunch" features which, spelled without a space, is similar to the other product. I recognize that the feature is called something different within your application, and my thought was that it should be referenced that way in the thread.

I don't know whether NikkiSoft holds a registered trademark of QuickLaunch, but within the BlackBerry app marketplace it is a known product name. I'm not trying to stir up trouble, just offering my objective opinion of potential problems within this thread.

And honestly I'd rather see the apps compete on their merits, and not based on petty sniping by the developers - both of whom I respect a great deal. But that's just my view.
    CheetahAce and Chrisy like this.
    03-23-12 09:17 PM
    I've been using QuickLaunch (by NikkiSoft) since its release. Awesome app. No plans on changing.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-23-12 at 09:46 PM.
    CheetahAce likes this.
    03-23-12 09:19 PM
    I think a better name for this AOSL app would be "ShortcutMeBerryBuzz_85%".

QuickLaunch™ by NikkiSoft
    Click to view quoted image
    I have Quicklaunch, and ShortCutMe, and now AOS&L, and I think they all have their advantages and strengths, so I am not particularly beholden to any one of them (or their devs).

Cheetah...your comments in this thread, though, remind me of the pissing match you and the ShortCutMe dev engaged in a while back. It's not particularly endearing.

If you have issues with the AOS&L dev, a private channel might be more appropriate.
    03-24-12 12:03 AM
    Let sleeping dogs lie...

You feel i should have taken this private yet you didn't say that to me in private? Interesting...

this is a forum so open discussion is allowed. i prefer to do it in public so that other developers and whoever can see it's not ok to do what he did. otherwise it's basically encouraging this kind of behavior (ex: using my app's name to benefit himself). Eventually other devs would do the same again and again if all grievances were kept 'private'.

I'm not posting in this thread for my benefit or my company etc. As I said before I don't really care. But it's a little annoying that someone feels they can just take/do/use something that is not theirs.

So can we end it now so that the dev can get on with his app and his thread w/o further disruption?
    03-24-12 01:24 AM
    So can we end it now so that the dev can get on with his app and his thread w/o further disruption?
    @wu-wei, i see your point, my bad, i thought you referred to the feature in my app, not this thread. i believe you are right, i will try to contact the author of this thread to rename it to Qlaunch instead.

@Cheetah, you could have easily requested from me to not use the term "QuickLaunch", in this thread and in my app as well, and most of the people who knows me, knows i would not let anyone down if they simply ask, but going all out like that, is not something pleasant to our readers and to myself.

I agree, lets ends this, as mentioned above to wu-wei, i will not use your apps name in threads, and discourage people from using the English term "Quick Launch" without a space between the two words, when they want to refer to QLaunch feature.

I just hope that "Value Apps" devs wont chase after "Quick Launch" term as well, since they have a full app called "Quick Launch", not just a reference to a section of an app. otherwise devs will run out of English words to use when describing features in their apps
    03-24-12 02:11 AM
    Just use the term 'Quick Launch' - looks better.
    03-24-12 04:19 AM
    Thank you Sultan for your great application. I am a happy user using it for several months.

Don't worry about these QuickLaunch trolls on your thread.

Not only this TrollAce has copied his app name, most of his app features are also copied from other developers.
    When he copies from other developers, it is because he wants to make money on it. (= Stealing).
    Anything you copy is to provide blackberry users more features for FREE. (= Copying)

Don't be nice to this spoiled kid.
    Ask moderators to delete his posts in your thread. Don't worry about him. He is used to getting his troll posts deleted. CB moderators have a anti troll policy and they know this kid and his guys.

Again thanks for your great app. I hope other developers also learn to provide great free apps to blackberry users and I hope with these new FREE features you get more than 40000 download a day (probably get this kid more jealous).
    03-24-12 04:42 AM
    Thank you Sultan for your great application. I am a happy user using it for several months.

Don't worry about these QuickLaunch trolls on your thread.

Not only this TrollAce has copied his app name, most of his app features are also copied from other developers.
    When he copies from other developers, it is because he wants to make money on it. (= Stealing).
    Anything you copy is to provide blackberry users more features for FREE. (= Copying)

Don't be nice to this spoiled kid.
    Ask moderators to delete his posts in your thread. Don't worry about him. He is used to getting his troll posts deleted. CB moderators have a anti troll policy and they know this kid and his guys.

Again thanks for your great app. I hope other developers also learn to provide great free apps to blackberry users and I hope with these new FREE features you get more than 40000 download a day (probably get this kid more jealous).
    scott2j, there's also a rule about not having multiply screen names here on CrackBerry. I see your join date is less than 24 hours old. That's interesting. So either you have no idea what you're talking about when you call CheetahAce a troll. Or you made this sock puppet account just to flame CheetahAce and support the OP.

If you were around in 2008 you'd know that CheetahAce is a respected member here and an innovative developer. QuickLaunch was the first application of its kind and he worked hard to improve it. In the early days here I remember threads like this one made byCheetahAce listening to suggestions and noting bugs with his app.

I agree, the two devs here should take this to private. But using the QuickLaunch name is shady. QuickLaunch has name recognition within th. BlackBerry world and it refers to an app, not a feature.

There are so many other things this new dev can call his keyboard shortcuts feature. Saying there's no words in English other than calling it QuickLaunch is just ridiculous and I can't imagine he is ignorant to the fact that he is trying to capitalize on the popularity of an already well established app.

It just needs a name change. I haven't used it so don't know how close to QL it is but I guess that can't be helped.

It isn't spoiled for a dev to protect his work, and make money from an app he created and improved throughout the years.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-24-12 at 08:42 AM.
    habs_fan and stormsurvivor like this.
    03-24-12 06:42 AM
    Sultan, I love your app and thank you for all your hard work. I do, however, think it would be better were you to use another name for your work stands on its own. How about Instant Launch? I work in IP law and this could be an issue. You might even consider Better Launch.
    03-24-12 07:21 AM
    Sultan, I love your app and thank you for all your hard work. I do, however, think it would be better were you to use another name for your work stands on its own. How about Instant Launch? I work in IP law and this could be an issue. You might even consider Better Launch.
    InstaLaunch - I like that!
    Chrisy and BlazorBoy like this.
    03-24-12 07:30 AM
    Good point, although i didnt start this thread, and i did request the author of this thread to edit it and refer to the feature name in my app instead, which is "QLaunch".

unlike few supporters of my app, which made things worse, you raised a very nice statement and conclusion to this mess, i will stop version 11.2 in App World from being published when approved (thats the version after 10.5), so i can change the feature name from "QLaunch" to "Instant Launch" or "ILaunch"

Thank you for your sensible and excellent suggestion.

And for all my app fans, please stop writing any more comments regarding this topic, as it is no longer valid.
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 03-24-12 at 07:42 AM.
    Chrisy, BlazorBoy and OniBerry like this.
    03-24-12 07:36 AM
    Chrisy520,
    It is rude and stupid when a developer post big screenshots of his apps in a thread created by and for other application specially if that is a competitor application.

Unfortunately you QL fans don't learn to tell that rude developer of yours to stop trolling other people's thread. That includes you, and that alone make you part of the troll gang.

What's a Forum Troll? It's a person who likes nothing better than to seek negative attention by stirring the pot. In the case of CrackBerry these days, you'll find these people are the ones who take a thread that's about one specific topic, and somehow turn it back onto a negative topic of the troll's choosing. They're the ones who drop a one line statement of BlackBerry negativity into a thread that was about something totally different, derailing the conversation and turning it into a pi$$ing match
    QL trolls have successfully turned this thread into a pi$$ing match.

When I and other crackberry readers open this thread we want to read about Advance OS and LED, the free app, we don't want to see posts from a crying rude QL developer and his supporters advertising for another app (paid).

I and hopefully many others who see you trolls in this thread, and other threads where TrollAce goes crazy and his fellow rude fans support him, will stop paying for QL (RudeLaunch).
    03-24-12 07:39 AM
    ROTFL what a clever post! I think a better name for nikkisoft should be "petty-jealous-unprofessional-company-with-no-better-name-than-that-of-a-catSoft".
    Good point!
    03-24-12 07:41 AM
    I came here to read about Advance OS and LED also. I agree there shouldn't be QuickLaunch screen shots here. Hopefully they'll work it out privately. But neither one is a troll.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-24-12 at 07:47 AM.
    habs_fan and Sultan Al Sooz like this.
    03-24-12 07:44 AM
    I came here to read about Advance OS and LED also. I agree there shouldn't be QuickLaunch screen shots here. Hopefully they'll work it out privately. But neither one is a troll.
    The developer who derailed this Advance OS and LED thread into a pi$$ing match and posted big screenshots of his app (not Advance OS and LED) here, and the ones supporting that troll are trolls.
    03-24-12 08:07 AM
    all of you stop it. There appears to be some stepping on toes here. I ask that you take it to PMs and out of this thread. Everyone else stop with the "trolls" comments. There already is enough of that crap on the boards.
    Chrisy, habs_fan and bklyneddie like this.
    03-24-12 08:13 AM
    Keep up the good work Sultan! I really enjoy using your app on my device, as do most of my BB friends. Been using it since it came out, and it can only get better.

OP thanks for the heads up.
    03-24-12 08:14 AM
    OK so to trully start a new page and end this match, can we go back to the topic at hand i.e. AO&L's latest upgrade:
    My appworld is stuck at version 10.5.
    I've tried several reboots and both the ALT R-S-T trick and the "Refresh List" command.
    Anything else you can think of so I get offered the 11.2 update?
    Regards!

03-24-12 12:09 PM
    OK so to trully start a new page and end this match, can we go back to the topic at hand i.e. AO&L's latest upgrade:
    My appworld is stuck at version 10.5.
    Version 10.5 is currently the latest in App World and my Website.

you will see version 11.1 on app world, but i modified the update in app world so no one can download it.

My next release will be version 11.2.1, which is currently waiting approval.

All my app's updates r posted immediately on my app's facebook fan page, just watch that page instead.
    asdf12321 likes this.
    03-24-12 12:29 PM
    Sweet. Thanks Sultan! Looking forward to it!
    03-24-12 01:00 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD