I have opted to try AOSL and don't use QL anymore
    But hey, go ahed and post more screenshots of QL
    03-22-12 08:59 PM
    So hold on, Nikkisoft want near enough 4 dollars for there app? But Sultan doesn't want anything? Don't get me wrong but I'd rather take the AOSL than Quicklaunch if Sultan is adding a quick Launch feature
    03-22-12 09:58 PM
    I resent having to pay for upgrades: I pay for an app and then more and again. And other than the Sultan, its not like they add much functionality each time.
    Last edited by arnie27; 03-23-12 at 07:49 AM.
    nmburns likes this.
    03-23-12 07:47 AM
    I resent having to pay for upgrades: I pay for an app and then more and again. And other than the Sultan, its not like they add much functionality each time.
    +1

I totally agree! I love that Sultan does this for free and is always updating and adding new features - again for FREE! Plus he's just such a nice guy who always responds to questions and comments!
    03-23-12 08:46 AM
    Devs making users pay for upgrades in my mind is absent minded and absurd, why do we need too pay for something we've bought already?

Sultan We love you
    nmburns likes this.
    03-23-12 09:26 AM
    And why are Nikkisoft trying too SELL there app in a forum that is about a FREE app, that does the same as QL (too my knowledge) surely people will take the free one over the paid? Unless Nikkisoft do say a 1 week give away people are going too keep AOSL??
    03-23-12 09:28 AM
    I explained why in an earlier post. He's using my app's name w/ a similar function in his app. Next he'll make an app called Angry Birds or Facebook or App World.

... plus he gave me permission to post screenshots here. which was nice...

QuickLaunch� by NikkiSoft

03-23-12 02:05 PM
    ... plus he gave me permission to post screenshots here. which was nice...
    yes i did

I could have easily requested to report you to moderators. however, i feel that users will enjoy this post since they will get almost all your app's feature for free, so the more you post the more people can see what my quicklaunch feature can do

but App World is taking such a long time to approve my update, lets hope they will approve it by tomorrow, so people can start enjoying the free quicklaunch feature, which is really less than 20% of what my app can do
    03-23-12 02:24 PM
    Thank you. I hope your app does well.

The Original QuickLaunch by NikkiSoft has the following features:

* Universal Search Integration
    You can now add any QL item to the Universal Search Engine.

* Mobile Hotspot Toggle
    If you have OS 7.1 you can quickly turn your hotspot on or off

* ~Shake Launch™~
    You can now configure an app, shortcut, function or any other QL item to launch by shaking your phone.
    When adding an item to QL check the ‘Set as Shake Launch Item’ option. In addition you must enable ‘Shake Detection’ in QL Options. If you are not using Shake Launch™ then set disable the shake detection option.
    To use Shake Launch™ just open QL and shake!

* NFC Toggle
    Toggle your NFC communication on/off

* Display Battery Status on QL Titlebar
    Displays the current battery power percentage. Battery % will be displayed in Green, Orange, Red depending on status.

* Alarm and Stopwatch Shortcuts

* BB File Picker Integration
    QL is now integrated with the standard bb file picker app to choose files, images, directories when configuring.

* Visual Voice Mail Shortcut
    Quick access to the vvm app.

* Lock Device Shortcut
    You must have your device password protected for this feature to work

* Menu Animation Options
    You can now configure QL to open with animations. Choose from ‘Zoom’ and ‘Fade’.

* Bedside Mode

* Alarm Toggle
    Toggle the alarm on or off

* Center Menu Location Option Added
    Now you can place QL in the Center, Left or Right on the screen!

* Change Sounds and Alerts Shortcut
    Quick access to the ‘change sounds and alerts’ screen in Sound Profiles

* Mobile Connections All On / Off Toggle
    Quickly Turn on/off all mobile connections

* Current Shortcuts button added to options screen

* Bridge App Shortcut and Bridge Toggle
    You can now launch the Bridge app as well as toggle it on and off

* Time, Notifications, Battery and Signal strength
    …are now shown in the titlebar in all QL screens.

* Homescreen Wallpaper Cycler
    QuickLaunch can now be configured to automatically cycle your homescreen wallpaper. Choose the directory on your device for your wallpaper images, and enable the option and you’re good to go.
    Unlike other wallpaper apps, the QL Wallpaper Changer does NOT run in the background.

* Scheduled and Manual Device Reboot

* Website Launcher
    Launch your favorite websites quickly

* Speed Dialer
    Add your frequently dialed numbers to QuickLaunch

* Auto Fill
    Insert saved text into any app. Ideal for quickly signing into websites or email accounts

* Email, SMS and Pin address shortcuts

* 3rd Party and Blackberry Apps Launcher
    Launch your favorite apps from QuickLaunch

* Camera Mute
    Turn off the sound of the camera shutter (not avail on OS6 or OS7 devices)

* Orientation / Tilt Lock
    Prevent your screen from switching orientation when you tilt the phone (9800 & Storm only)

* Screen Capture
    Capture the screen in a high quality image (png or jpg format) with an option to share it immediately

* 3 Letter Shortcuts
    assign shortcuts to 1-3 characters

* Multi-Click Launching of apps or functions
    Launch QuickLaunch items using single, double or triple click of a convenience key!

* Web Search
    Google, Yahoo, Bing, Amazon ,eBay, BBC, YouTube, Wikipedia, Google Images, BBC, Google News, IMDb, Dictionary, Thesaurus

* Backlight Brightness
    Set the desired Backlight level of your screen.

* SMS Inbox
    Quickly access your sms inbox (not avail on Storm)

* MMS Inbox
    Quickly access your mms inbox

* BBM, Yahoo Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger, Pandora, Google Talk, MSN Messenger Support

* Background Image
    Skin your QuickLaunch by loading an image!

* GPS Toggle
    Quickly turn your GPS on/off.

* Configurable Homescreen Hotkey
    Run QL by hitting a letter on the keypad from your homescreen.

* Sound Profile Selector
    Quickly select a sound profile

* Flashlight
    Use your Blackberry device as a Flashlight! (uses vid cam light)

* Send Emails to Contact Groups

* Bluetooth Toggle

* WiFi On/Off Toggle
    Turn your bluetooth radio on or off

* GPS Config
    Shortcut to the GPS Config screen

* Display Current Temperature
    You can display your local temperature (or just about any other city in the world) and Hi/Lo forecast information in the title bar.

* Device Information
    PIN, OS Version, Battery Status, Memory, Media card info etc

* Stay Lit
    Keep your back light on for as long as you need

* Memory Cleaner

* App Switcher

* Sound Profiles

* Launch documents such as .doc, .xls, .pdf, .ppt etc. (requires 3rd party reader)

* Delete your Call Logs (os5, os4, some versions of os6)

* BlackBerry Options, Calendar, Calculator, Clock, Tasks, Maps, Lock Device, Power Off, New Memo etc

* Bluetooth Configuration

* Event Log

* Radio Toggle
    Turn your Mobile Connection on / off

* Homescreen shortcut
    Jump to the homescreen with one click

* Voice Notes and Voice Dialing

* Ability to change Menu Text Color

* Backup and Restore QuickLaunch configuration to SDCard or device memory for quick easy restoration

* Launch Media Explorer

* Create Custom Submenus
    Organize your list in categories. You can even have submenus within submenus.

* TaskNew Appointment, Compose Email, Compose PIN, Compose SMS, New Contact, and New .

* Weather

* Customizeable Font sizes

* System Menu Integration
    This option will allow you to add QL to the BlackBerry system menu and will show ‘QuickLaunch’ in every menu on your device.

* Options subpage- jump to any screen in bb options

* QuickLaunch can be opened from any screen or app

* and much more!
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 03-23-12 at 03:19 PM.
    03-23-12 02:50 PM
    Thank you. I hope your app does well.
    lol, this is fun, i would say 85% of the mentioned list above can be done in my app quicklaunch feature, however you dont seem to have the ability to allow users to create their own automated scripts, you might want to add that as well

Thats still less than 20% of what my app can do

unfortunately my list is longer, so i would have to point you directly to AOS&L description in app world (however, thats the old version 10.5 description without QL, since its not updated yet)

Free Advance OS and LED - Download Advance OS and LED - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    03-23-12 03:08 PM
    I doubt it does 85% of what QuickLaunch by NikkiSoft can do but no biggie.
    What I am sure of however is that your app has 0% of any original thought.

Last edited by CheetahAce; 03-23-12 at 03:24 PM.
    03-23-12 03:18 PM
    Hi Sultan,
    If all those QL features are included in only 20% of your app, what size is the other 80%?
    10Mb?
    03-23-12 03:24 PM
    Hi Sultan,
    If all those QL features are included in only 20% of your app, what size is the other 80%?
    10Mb?
    excellent question, my app size including QL is 194 Kb only.

im not originally a blackberry dev, so i dont do their mistakes

App World says it all my friend, hit the link or download to confirm
    03-23-12 03:40 PM
    Do copy your classmate's homework too instead of doing your own work?

The Original QuickLaunch by NikkiSoft
    03-23-12 03:50 PM
    Do copy your classmate's homework too instead of doing your own work?
    You seem upset, take it easy kid, Crackberry apps forum is a place to interact with app users, so let our apps do all the talking and kindly watch your mouth.
    03-23-12 04:11 PM
    I'm going to throw my two cents into this interesting little debate.

I have used QuickLaunch by NikkiSoft since I was using an 8800, which is about 5 years now.

I provided feedback to Sultan regarding ideas for a launch function in AOSL and tested betas.

I finally purchased ShortcutMe - just today, in fact, since it is on sale in AppWorld.

I'm sure everyone will have their own preferences, but I downgraded AOSL to 10.5 (the version without that launch features) and I have deleted ShortcutMe.

The simple fact is QuickLaunch owns my spacebar. Perhaps because I have used it for 5 years, and I have become so comfortable with its functionality, I am very reluctant to make any changes. I can see folks who are new to BlackBerry, or maybe more willing to change, jumping to AOSL for launch features.

I will likely continue tinkering with AOSL and ShortcutMe just to explore their functionality. But, for now and the foreseeable future, I am planning to stick with QL.

That is certainly not a slight on any developer - CheetahAce, Sultan Al Sooz, and vijik are all producing quality apps, each with distinct benefits.

And anyone squawking over an app that's less than $10 clearly doesn't hold a license to the RexWireless suite.
    03-23-12 04:12 PM
    And to be fair (and also since I know a few things about intellectual property disputes), it is probably unwise to refer to the AOSL launch functions as "quicklaunch" features. That just hits a little too close to an established app - which is, I suspect, one of the main things getting under CheetahAce's skin. Just a guess there, though.
    03-23-12 04:16 PM
    You seem upset, take it easy kid, Crackberry apps forum is a place to interact with app users, so let our apps do all the talking and kindly watch your mouth.
    I'm not a kid but I agree with your other point so here you go:

QuickLaunch by NikkiSoft

03-23-12 04:16 PM
    And to be fair (and also since I know a few things about intellectual property disputes), it is probably unwise to refer to the AOSL launch functions as "quicklaunch" features. That just hits a little too close to an established app - which is, I suspect, one of the main things getting under CheetahAce's skin. Just a guess there, though.
    with all do respect, i must disagree with you, no one owns the words screenshot, or blacklight, or LED. quick launch is an original term used for windows machines, please read more about it here.
    Quick Launch Definition - What Is Quick Launch?

i respect peoples personal preference and what app they choose, but please avoid providing misleading information, as you have already tested my beta, you know i call it "QLaunch" feature, which is not the same.
    03-23-12 04:29 PM
    Did you come up with any features of your app that are your own? Even one? From what I can see every feature you have is taken from other apps. That's fine I guess as nobody can stop you from pilfering even app names apparently. Just askin...

QuickLaunch by NikkiSoft
    03-23-12 04:39 PM
    I'm going to throw my two cents into this interesting little debate.

I have used QuickLaunch by NikkiSoft since I was using an 8800, which is about 5 years now.

I provided feedback to Sultan regarding ideas for a launch function in AOSL and tested betas.

I finally purchased ShortcutMe - just today, in fact, since it is on sale in AppWorld.

I'm sure everyone will have their own preferences, but I downgraded AOSL to 10.5 (the version without that launch features) and I have deleted ShortcutMe.

The simple fact is QuickLaunch owns my spacebar. Perhaps because I have used it for 5 years, and I have become so comfortable with its functionality, I am very reluctant to make any changes. I can see folks who are new to BlackBerry, or maybe more willing to change, jumping to AOSL for launch features.

I will likely continue tinkering with AOSL and ShortcutMe just to explore their functionality. But, for now and the foreseeable future, I am planning to stick with QL.

That is certainly not a slight on any developer - CheetahAce, Sultan Al Sooz, and vijik are all producing quality apps, each with distinct benefits.

And anyone squawking over an app that's less than $10 clearly doesn't hold a license to the RexWireless suite.
    I have QuickLaunch and I am planning to purchase Shortcutme later today due to the sale. Out of curiosity, why did you delete Shortcutme?

I would like to purchase RexWireless products (IdeaMatrix and ToDoMatrix) but the cost is just to much; I guess I can't justify the cost...yet.
    03-23-12 05:06 PM
    I have QuickLaunch and I am planning to purchase Shortcutme later today due to the sale. Out of curiosity, why did you delete Shortcutme?

I would like to purchase RexWireless products (IdeaMatrix and ToDoMatrix) but the cost is just to much; I guess I can't justify the cost...yet.
    My first impression was that it didn't "feel" like what I was looking for. I know it is extensible as all get out, so I will likely reinstall it soon. I'm kind of a freak when it comes to apps getting time on my device. LOL

The first step is admitting you have a problem.
    03-23-12 05:29 PM
    Hey Sultan,
    Does your app run in the background eating resources? Because I know QuickLaunch doesn't run in the background. Or... Doesn't your app run in the background? Apps like that make my device slow.

....Its sounds unrealistic that you can get that 80% of additional features with an app sized not much different than QL, considering the 20% as you claim encompasses 85%+ of the QL features. Remember, this is Blackberry, not Android. One might assume there's not much substance left in that 80%......
    Last edited by stormsurvivor; 03-23-12 at 06:10 PM.
    03-23-12 06:05 PM
    I think a better name for this AOSL app would be "ShortcutMeBerryBuzz_85%".

QuickLaunch™ by NikkiSoft
    03-23-12 06:15 PM
    Opps, COMPETITION??...com'on Nikki, i will still have your app in my phone dont you worry.
    No offense to you Nikki but Windows have the same name "Add to Quick Launch" and thrust me you still lead with your app in my phone is the best so far.

But to be honest i much prefer to have an all in ONE APP.

You guys keep the good work with your app and dont give up is enough salt in the water for all your wounds.
    03-23-12 06:55 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD