Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has seen or would want to devel an application for tracking a comic book collection?

Enter in your comic book into a form and that submits to a searchable / scrollable database or a spreadsheet on the Storm?

Export to Excel as an option?

Something like that to start with is what I thought would be cool...

Any ideas?

Cheers.
    02-26-09 03:42 PM
    I collected comic books as a kid. I have about 6 of those long boxes full of old comics in nice shape. I like your idea for an app like this, but I would also like to see how much any of my comics are worth. I remember there was a comic book price guide, that would be nice to incorporate into this program if someone made it.
    02-26-09 03:47 PM
    A grading system would help also.
    02-26-09 03:53 PM
    That would be cool too..

Maybe click on the comic book entry and it would bring up the current price range as quote by the Wizard pricing book? Something similar to a stock tricker, where clicking on the stock brings up the daily stats for it.

There are a lot of online price guides that the app could link to.
    02-26-09 03:53 PM
    I'd be happy with just being able to read .cbr files in general.
    02-26-09 04:02 PM
    Something like ComicZeal for the iPhone / Touch would be great!! Converts the .cbr files to the iPhone / Touch format and is a great reader.

Having that on my Storm would really keep my Touch in my pocket...

Check out ComicZeal here... bitolithic.com/ComicZeal/comiczeal.htm
    02-26-09 04:06 PM
    A simple databasing program will take care of this. I think there is a generic inventory program available in the crackberry store.

It'd be an easy program to create if your willing to make a donation to any of the many developers around here. You may get lucky and just find a bored developer to make it for you.

I'd try, but i'm still working on recreating the demo programs. So it will be a little while before I go out on a my own venture towards something like this. Alternatively, use an online website and access it using the browser.
    02-26-09 04:09 PM
    Any bored devs out there?

...I'll throw a donation at a cool comic book tracking app.
    02-26-09 04:32 PM
    I'm just posting to let people know there is still interest in this. I have just started collecting, and the internet price guides aren't very mobile friendly, especially on my 8330. Plus I would like a better interface and organizer tham my memopad on here lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 11:13 PM
    I'd be happy with just being able to read .cbr files in general.

Now a full APP to buy

ComicReader Mobi Blackberry
    Last edited by glasgow1967; 12-31-09 at 06:27 AM.
    12-31-09 06:24 AM
    I still collect comics.. and I use comicspriceguide.com to track and check pricing and its free, but they are only Iphone friendly. So A mobile App I'm all for. I can access it thou my phone browser I guess I can bookmark it.
    Last edited by Bigdaddytio; 01-04-10 at 01:40 AM.
    01-04-10 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD