Ok, I just got word from Comcast n they told me that they plan to release an app similar to the iPhone for Blackberries. The release date is set for sometime in October. I just thought I should let all Comcast subscribers know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 11:42 AM
    Ok, I just got word from Comcast n they told me that they plan to release an app similar to the iPhone for Blackberries. The release date is set for sometime in October. I just thought I should let all Comcast subscribers know.

I don't have Comcast but what exactly does this app do? You've got my curiosity going. And who did you speak to at Comcast?
    08-16-09 12:14 PM
    I spoke with a representative from Comcast. The app allows subscribers to check their e-mail, check their voice mail, and it has a tv guide like app built in. Also it allows people to see what is available in "On Demand". It may or may not come with the ability to set ur DVR, since the iPhone version doesn't have it. Hopefully it does have the ability to set ur home DVR, since that was the one thing that was majorly criticized about the app. The Comcast rep assured me that the app would be released in October.

08-16-09 02:58 PM
    I've already got my Comcast email already set up directly, so no biggie there. And I'm not that interested in the "selling" aspect of Comcast services and OnDemand. The one thing that you mentioned that did catch my eye was the ability to directly record a home DVR from my BB - now that would be cool!

Do you know if any cost is involved? If so, it probably wouldn't be worth it to me to just access my DVR.
    08-16-09 03:23 PM
    Well I do have Comcast... so I'll definitely be interested to see what exactly they can do.

If it will have the ability to set your DVR from the phone... well that would be enough for me... and **** it had best be free... considering all the frickin money I already give them on a monthly basis.
    08-16-09 03:25 PM
    Well I do have Comcast... so I'll definitely be interested to see what exactly they can do.

If it will have the ability to set your DVR from the phone... well that would be enough for me... and **** it had best be free... considering all the frickin money I already give them on a monthly basis.
    +1 Completely agree
    08-16-09 05:16 PM
    I vaguely recall reading about this rumor in a RSS feed somewhere. I don't think it's for phones that don't have wi-fi capability, hence why it's coming out later in the year. OP, do you know if it requires wi-fi? I could be mistaken, but I do think it requires wi-fi for operation.
    08-16-09 05:26 PM
    Let's get back to who the OP spoke too. If it was a CSR then its probably all B S. A CSR wouldn't know anything about it. So who exactly is this representative?

08-16-09 06:15 PM
    any updates on the release of this app for Blackberry. I need a good TV guide app for my comcast cable tv. Thanks
    11-19-09 02:57 PM
    any updates on the release of this app for Blackberry. I need a good TV guide app for my comcast cable tv. Thanks
    +1 on this
    11-19-09 03:55 PM
    setting the DVR to record would be sweet!!!
    11-19-09 04:18 PM
    I wonder if this will speed up or slow down with Comcast now buying a 51% stake in NBC/Universal:

Comcast to buy controlling stake in NBC Universal by AP: Yahoo! Tech
    12-03-09 07:47 AM
    I work for Comcast. Dont hold ur breath....
    12-03-09 08:00 AM
    ok to hopefully answer a few questions, here goes.

Do you know if any cost is involved? ....... No there is no cost involved

I wonder if this will speed up or slow down with Comcast now buying a 51% stake in NBC/Universal............... two completely different departments so in short NO. Conan digs it lol That merger will bring about some awesome new FREE services to you as well by means of HULU and ondemand but that is way off topic so I wont go into it.

I don't have Comcast but what exactly does this app do?
    Comcast's mobile app gives you integrated access to your Comcast email, voicemail and missed calls and lets you sync your phone's address book. You can forward calls from your Comcast number to your phone, and it pulls voicemails from your Comcast home phone and Comcast email into a single inbox. (Though why you'd use the email inside of Comcast's app over the BB's actual email app is beyond me.) It'll also sync your phone's address book to a universal Comcast address book. The program guide is nice enough, with bookmarks and reminders, even if it's not the flashiest, read more about the iphone version here Hands On: Comcast's iPhone App - News and Analysis by PC Magazine or on cnet

I need a good TV guide app for my comcast cable tv. Thanks
    ................Currently, the Comcast Mobile Portal can be found at: Comcast Mobile you should be able to access it with your BB's browser put in your zip and scroll through tv listing. However there is no DVR control on this mobile portal and I will explain why below. Furthermore there are known issues with some phones browsers, Motorola RAZR, and the Sidekick for example. This can be worked around with http://www.operamini.com/download/wap/motorola/ as i am sure a lot of you already have used at some point.

Let's get back to who the OP spoke too. If it was a CSR then its probably all B S. A CSR wouldn't know anything about it. So who exactly is this representative?
    ................ I dont know who this guy spoke to but I do work for Comcast and I'm not a csr. I hate it when I hear that nobody has faith in our CSR's. Unfortunately most of your concerns and gripes about a lot of the CSR's are true. This will be changing very soon. An entire new wave will hit on Feb 12th for 11 major Comcast markets in the US and one of the main focuses is on extensive training on all product lines, all CSR's have and always will be in house employees not some company in Dubai. To answer you though you are correct most CSR's wouldn't know anything about it yet as it has not been launched in all systems yet.

If it will have the ability to set your DVR from the phone... well that would be enough for me... and **** it had best be free... considering all the frickin money I already give them on a monthly basis.............. really? I've already answered this but I am still amazed at this. I currently spend more a month for my 2 BB's than 99% of our costumer base pays a month to have high speed internet, home phone, and HD cable with ondemand and a DVR. You basically spend $4 to $5 a day to pump into your home all of your communication needs. My grandmas space heater cost more than that to run a day and it wont let you cry all over the forums about your bills..... Sorry got off topic. but yes its FREE

Do you know if it requires wi-fi?
    .......... No it does not any BB with a data plan can access it even edge when we launch. The confusion I would assume comes from the iphone app out currently. It can also be ran on the iPod Touch but the touch requires wi-fi to access the app.

Now on to the nuts and bolts of it. Most of you with BB's can already set your DVR with your phone through comcast.net account on your BB's browser. How do you know if you can? Do you have the A028 tv Guide? Or easier still can you see your caller ID from your TV and Internet? If you can then you are in a market that has launched that feature. Please dont ask me the launch date for your market as all systems are different. To find out if your market has launched yet go to MyDVR Activation and enter your account info. Once this is set up just copy the url to your BB's browser and start scheduling your recordings.

I know this isnt the exact app you are all looking for but until this launches in all markets it would be nothing more than a call center nightmare for the markets that havn't launched remote access to your DVR if we tossed an app up on the internet for everybody, this is the main reason the dvr feature was not included in the iphone app, there would be an overwhelming amount of calls into the call centers from people that had the app and a DVR but their particular system didn't support it yet . Make sense?

Hope this helps and hopefully some of you are in a market that can access this new feature. There are tones more to come in the very near future. A lot of new features headed your guys way that I never thought I would see in my lifetime. Things I never thought possible when I started this gig all those years ago when we offered nothing more than 60 channels over a analog network. Its a crazy technologically advanced world and it just keeps moving forward. As for the guy who said "I work for Comcast dont hold your breath" Really dude come on now learn your facts go to your training portal for god sakes and learn something so you have more to offer to our costumers than your witty personality. Your the reason people lose faith in their providers. The training is there use it before you lose your job for not knowing what you are doing.

EDIT:
    I should probably add that this is not designed for your BB's browser so some features may or may not work but it works pretty well for me and it is a solid work around until the official mydvr app is released. After all this is CRACKberry right. besides if you dont have home phone or care about ondemand than the full app that is on the iphone is going to be more than what you want.

EDIT: EDIT:
    LOL sorry I keep thinking of things to add to this but any updates or news on the mobile apps will be here http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsup...=Mobile_Portal enjoy and I hope this helps some of you.
    Last edited by harrison0550; 02-06-10 at 07:22 AM.
    02-06-10 04:40 AM
    The app should be released for BB curve pretty soon

02-06-10 11:49 AM
    Just a quick update..... The BB App is in testing and will launch very soon for both RIM and Droid devices. We launched the MYDVR feature on an Iphone update earlier this week and it has gone very well so far. You can see the new iphone app here. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...04#post4744104
    Now that we have all features up and operational the BB app will launch next!
    02-26-10 06:21 PM
    Sounds great, I hate the comcast website...
    02-26-10 06:30 PM
    Sounds great, I hate the comcast website...
    Just out of curiosity what is it that you hate about the website?

Also have you seen the new Xfinity website we launched in 11 markets?
    XFINITY | SmartZone | Email | Voicemail | TV & Movies | On Demand | Universal Address Book | News | Photos | Sports | Learning Center
    : Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Portland Ore., Seattle, Hartford, Conn., Augusta, Ga., Chattanooga, Tenn. and parts of the San Francisco Bay area

The xfinity product is not just a massive re-branding campaign it comes with many enhancements for all products one of the main features is to convert us from a simple "broadband" provider to a "wideband" provider. The ultimate goal is to reach the full 160Mbps potential of DOCSIS 3.0 over cable lines. With xfinity comes 100Mps connections for those 11 markets and whole house DVR's as well as "time shift" capabilities and a massive HD lineup. All markets are in the process of launching this year so give it time it will be here before you know it.
    02-26-10 06:54 PM
    I guess to be more specific, the Customer Center part.

The balance thing can display confusing information:
    Previous balance $60.25
    Payment received Thank you $120.50

It's actually showing 2 different payments of $60.25 for two different billing cycles combined into one, which is confusing (you can't tell unless you look at the details)... It makes it look like I paid double what was due.

The site used to be very slow switching pages for me too, although now it seems a bit better.
    02-26-10 07:06 PM
    I guess to be more specific, the Customer Center part.

The balance thing can display confusing information:
    Previous balance $60.25
    Payment received Thank you $120.50

It's actually showing 2 different payments of $60.25 for two different billing cycles combined into one, which is confusing (you can't tell unless you look at the details)... It makes it look like I paid double what was due.

The site used to be very slow switching pages for me too, although now it seems a bit better.
    Thanks, I just went in and payed my bill as well and got the same thing. I will send an e-mail monday morning and see if I cant find out why. Thanks for the reply and I will let you know what I find out.
    02-26-10 07:14 PM
    I found this page via a Google search because I saw that DirectTV got an app for BB today. Hopefully this app comes out fairly soon, mobile DVR programming would be a nice feature to work, though I hope it runs smoothly and relatively quickly.

The link below from March 1st indicates that there should be a BB app "in coming months"

Comcast’s iPhone App Now Lets You Record On-The-Go; BlackBerry App Next | mocoNews
    03-22-10 02:47 PM
    "this is the main reason the dvr feature was not included in the iphone app"

But in fact the iPhone app does have DVR access and control. It can set to record any program from the app.

When will such an app be available for the BB?
    07-04-10 12:56 PM
    We'll have to see if we can get some more info on this!
    07-04-10 03:16 PM
    I work for Comcast. Dont hold ur breath....
    haha..i do to...
    07-04-10 06:26 PM
    We'll have to see if we can get some more info on this!
    Yeah, I'd like to see some editorial comments from CB about this.
    07-06-10 06:18 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD