First off thanks for downloading Color ID, we're happy that most of you find the program useful!

We're in the middle of release another update for Color ID. The new version is 2.0 and currently available in the Crackberry/Mobihand store, our own bbNation store. It should be published very soon at BlackBerry Appworld. Here's a breakdown of what's new:

NEW application design makes Color ID even easier to use
    ENHANCED LED colors, particularly for never BB's like Torch, Bold, Tour, Curve and Pearl 3G
    OPTIMIZED to preserve the BlackBerry memory and battery life
    DEDICATED email address for priority product support
    ADDED support for Torch 9800 and OS 6

I also wanted to let you know that we weren't able to support the addition of groups of contacts. I know it would save some of you some time, but from what i've heard, it's not something that is simple to change about the app. We're still waiting on RIM for the ability to integrate the app with BBM *crosses fingers*

Let me know if you guys have any questions about the new version or updating your old version!

nige
    Last edited by motekmobile; 08-30-10 at 02:44 PM. Reason: added more info
    08-30-10 02:39 PM
    Hey Nige,

I love the app, but can't figure out how to stop it from lighting up while in the sleep profile. I've gone through all settings and there doesn't seem to be an option to keep the led from lighting up while I'm asleep. I'm a light sleeper and can't ignore it sometimes.

Thanks
    10-15-10 08:16 AM
    Hi shelty19, If your LED keeps blinking when the phone is in your custom sleep profile, I think it's a default setting. You will have to disable the LED by editing your sleep profile (look for the Repeat Notification option, and change from LED Flashing to None). Make sure you do that for all your messages and alerts. You will probably want to shut off your LED coverage indicator too, or the green light will constantly flash all night. You can find it under Options>Screen/Keyboard.

Have you tried using Bedside Mode? I know for sure it blocks ALL messages and led notifications even when Color ID is running. From your home screen, hit the blackberry button, click on the clock, when the clock loads up, hit the blackberry button again and choose Enter Bedside Mode from the menu. You must remember to exit Beside Mode when you wake up. I think it's much easier than making a separate profile that blocks all notifications and calls.

hope this helps!

Nige
    10-20-10 12:14 PM
    Hi shelty19, If your LED keeps blinking when the phone is in your custom sleep profile, I think it's a default setting. You will have to disable the LED by editing your sleep profile (look for the Repeat Notification option, and change from LED Flashing to None). Make sure you do that for all your messages and alerts. You will probably want to shut off your LED coverage indicator too, or the green light will constantly flash all night. You can find it under Options>Screen/Keyboard.

Have you tried using Bedside Mode? I know for sure it blocks ALL messages and led notifications even when Color ID is running. From your home screen, hit the blackberry button, click on the clock, when the clock loads up, hit the blackberry button again and choose Enter Bedside Mode from the menu. You must remember to exit Beside Mode when you wake up. I think it's much easier than making a separate profile that blocks all notifications and calls.

hope this helps!

Nige
    Hi Nige,

Thanks for your response. I use bedside mode nightly and all of my indicators are turned off. Unfortunately, all of my color id indicators still illuminate in spite of my settings. I will keep trying. Thanks for the suggestions.
    10-28-10 06:59 AM
    i wanna try
    10-28-10 07:21 AM
    Hi guys. I emailed you guys both using the in-built email support and your listed support email, but i have not received a reply... Is it possible to back up our configurations? Considering that it always disappears..
    10-28-10 08:50 AM
    Hi. Is there any way to assign a diff color for email by account present at the device? (ie green for my x@ gmail.com, red for Desktop, orange for z@ yahoo.com).
    For what I read and tested, it seems only the sender email address is checked...
    Thanks, Wolf
    10-31-10 07:21 PM
    i emailed motekmobile recently as i bought Color ID .....changed BB's and now only have the trial version...not impressed>take it i will be waiting a while to get a response from them.....
    11-01-10 09:42 AM
    Hi. Is there any way to assign a diff color for email by account present at the device? (ie green for my x@ gmail.com, red for Desktop, orange for z@ yahoo.com).
    For what I read and tested, it seems only the sender email address is checked...
    Thanks, Wolf
    BerryBuzz has this option, just in case you're comparing between the two.
    11-01-10 10:08 AM
    BerryBuzz has this option, just in case you're comparing between the two.
    Thanks Derwent, I'll try it.
    11-01-10 01:22 PM
    Hi, to all of you that have tried to contact our support line this weekend, we don't work over the weekend and our support guy was away at a funeral. Your emails will all be replied to, but I can address a couple of the concerns here.

If you bought a new blackberry and expected to see the same software you downloaded on the old one, you must realize that the software does not automagically get transferred to the new phone. That would be like complaining your new computer doesn't have all the same software you installed on your old one... Please read this entire thread if you are experiencing this problem: I paid for Color ID and/or Screen Muncher and/or a Theme before and I need a new download or I need to update to the latest version. This is more a concern of the storefront you originally purchased the app from. If you got it from BB App World and the CB store, I believe they both keep a cache of all the software you have purchased under your account with them.

Wolfgan, you are correct in your assumption. Color ID only checks the sender's details and lights the LED based on that. It cannot differentiate between two different email accounts. What we suggest to most users is have your work and play contacts grouped under separate colors. I'm sure it's pretty rare that the same person sends you messages to both of your email accounts, but in the event that happens, setting CiD up like that will help you see if the message is work or pleasure related. We chose to keep this application as simple as possible, so we focused on the origin of the message as opposed to where it is destined for.

tezytan, we are working to implement a contact backup feature in a later release of Color ID. We realize this is a feature that our customers are asking for in numbers. I will update this thread when we release a new version with this feature implemented.

missmawarlina, I pm'd you about setting you up with a copy of Color ID lite. I'll check my pms for your reply.

Thanks for downloading CiD everyone! I hope my reply helps!

nige
    11-01-10 02:01 PM
    We released a new version of Color ID (v2.0.3) recently. We added 7 new color combinations including Five-O, Emergency Response, Girlfriend, Boyfriend, Jersey Shore, Double Rainbow and Ignore (no LED)

nige
    11-26-10 11:39 AM
    have had the full app installed on my phone a while now but not really used it. have performed a master reset and have all permissions set to allow, but altho the colour changes work for incoming calls, they dont work for text messages. i was using crunch sms so deleted this but even so the colour chages dont work with standard blackberry sms .... please advise =]]
    12-08-10 04:54 AM
    have had the full app installed on my phone a while now but not really used it. have performed a master reset and have all permissions set to allow, but altho the colour changes work for incoming calls, they dont work for text messages. i was using crunch sms so deleted this but even so the colour chages dont work with standard blackberry sms .... please advise =]]

My Color ID works for emails and calls, but not sms.

lmk if that works for you. Crunch SMS doesn't affect the way CiD works afaik

Nige
    12-13-10 02:33 PM
    I just downloaded Color ID Lite from BB App World into my Storm 2. I could not input an email address or phone #. I saw the post about Disabling Compatibility Mode and it now works.
    12-14-10 10:30 AM
    I just downloaded Color ID Lite from BB App World into my Storm 2. I could not input an email address or phone #. I saw the post about Disabling Compatibility Mode and it now works.
    But now I noticed my coverage indication is not blinking green as prior. It is set to ON under options!!
    12-14-10 10:36 AM
    But now I noticed my coverage indication is not blinking green as prior. It is set to ON under options!!
    Hi inalambrico, thanks for downloading the app! Color ID is an LED app and they override the coverage indicator. There's a little more information on the support forum here: Green LED Only Flashes With Blackberry Messenger And Browser

Let me know if you have any other questions!

nige
    12-14-10 10:49 AM
    It's been a while since I updated this thread, we've since released a new version of Color ID - 2.1.2

We had a lot of customers requesting support for BBM messaging, and despite the fact that we are still unable to support notification for specific BBM contacts, we added a color combination for all incoming BBM messages. Please note that you will require OS 5 or later to be able to update Color ID to 2.1.2. Those of you who wish to remain on OS 4.X will remain at v2.0.4.

Using this new feature is pretty simple, we created a default color combination (disco) for all incoming BBM messages. You're still able to change the colors to whatever suits your taste.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the app! Enjoy the update.

nige
    Last edited by motekmobile; 12-09-11 at 10:20 AM.
    12-09-11 10:07 AM
    Hi Crackberry users and lurkers alike, we've updated Color ID again and added a pretty awesome feature to it. v2.2.2 now allows you to set a Color for specific BBM contacts!

It's very easy to set up and we have a quick video of it in action here:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZDQsgGqKEo[/YT]

Some folks are having a little bit of trouble getting it set up, so I will give you some quick steps to take to make sure you do it properly:

1.) Pull the battery after you install the update/app. (This is a given for any app really)
    2.) Run Color ID and accept the app permissions
    3.) Open BBM options and make sure "Save Chat/Message History" is set to Device or Media Card
    4.) Create a new color combo or select an existing one
    5.) Add the user's PIN in the space provided (make sure it matches exactly)
    6.) Save and test it out

If you follow those steps, it should work perfectly. If you don't see a space to enter a PIN, you don't have v2.2.2 installed. Please note that the update is available only for users with BB OS 5.0 and later.

If you use the autofill feature when adding a contact to Color ID, make sure your BBM contact is associated with an address book contact before you create a color combo for them!

In addition to the support for individual BBM contacts, we also added a feature that allows you to share the app with your BBM friends.

As usual this update is free! If you purchased Color ID from somewhere other than BBAW, send me an email from the support email within the app. I will help you get an update.

I noticed that we have some dead links in this thread from GetSatsifaction; we have created a support wiki in lieu of that site which you can access here:

Color ID - Support

It has a lot of helpful tips and hints to get the most out of the app. If you can't find an answer to your question in there, contact me via the support email address within the app. I answer those emails first.

If you have any comments or suggestions for the app let us know. Enjoy the update!

nige
    01-30-12 10:50 AM
    Hi, this is a special announcement for our OS7-toting American friends, the full version of Color ID is FREE to download via BlackBerry App World until May 31st! You can find it here:

Free Color ID - Compliments of BlackBerry - Download Color ID - Compliments of BlackBerry - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Enjoy the app!

nige
    03-06-12 01:42 PM
    When it saves my chat history, is that being sent to you? I'm not sure if I'm okay having it saved. Can I delete my chat history?
    03-06-12 05:35 PM
    When it saves my chat history, is that being sent to you? I'm not sure if I'm okay having it saved. Can I delete my chat history?
    Hi Alevin, good question. We do not save your chat history or copy any data from the files. Color ID merely references the chat history files for BBM notifications. You could delete these files and the app will still function as it was designed, but chat history needs to be saved in order for the app to notify you of a new BBM message from a specific BBM contact.

You can find these chat history files in the following location after you have plugged your BB in to a computer and entered USB mode:

BlackBerry>Home>User>IM>BlackBerry Messenger>(Your device PIN)>History>(Contact's PIN).CSV

You can also access the chat history files right from the device using the Files application:

File Folders>Device>Home>User>IM>BlackBerry Messenger>(Your device PIN)>History>(Contact's PIN).CSV

I don't think you can view a .csv file on the device, but you are able to delete it from there.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

nige
    03-07-12 10:35 AM
    I downloaded your Color ID application as part of the current OS 7 promotion. I didn't use Color ID or any other LED modifying application previously.

First off, I want to compliment your team on a very original solution to the "different LED colors for BBM contacts" feature request. Very smart to use the BBM history as a way to get the information your application needs. That being said, I'd prefer to just have a single LED color for all incoming BBMs and not worry about individual contacts. As far as I can tell, picking 1 color for all BBMs is a feature that was previously supported and is also currently supported as part of the version I am using (2.2.4). I chose a special color for my BBMs, but I only get the standard red LED. Showing a specific LED color for a specific BBM contact does work if I allow the application to access "File" data and write the BBM chats to a log file.

While I was digging around, I did notice in the BlackBerry system log that Color ID is recognizing that a BBM event has happened, and seems to be invoking the change in the color LED. No errors that I can see in the logs related to Color ID.

Any ideas as to why the "Show 1 color LED for all BBMs" feature does not seem to work on my Blackberry Bold 9900 (OS 7.1.0.205)? Thanks.

Network25
    03-12-12 12:26 PM
    HI Network25, thanks for you comments. I noticed some spottiness on the 9850 OS 7.1 as well. The programmer is checking it out to see what is the cause. A battery pull usually solves this, but it's a little more persistent on the 9850. You could try it on your 9900 if you haven't already done so. I'll report back here with the findings from our testing session. If you would like to PM me your debug log, it might help them a little more; totally up to you.

nige
    03-14-12 09:55 AM
    We have released a newer version of Color ID (v2.3.1) which includes some new preset colors and an automatic backup feature (a micro SD card is required for that). If any of you have purchased Color ID via the Crackberry Store/Mobihand network, you might experience some difficulties returning there to install the update. If that's the case, open Color ID and use the contact support feature in the menu to get a hold of me and I will get you a copy of the new version.

As for the random stoppage of general BBM notifications, we found that simply closing and restarting the app solves that 99% of the time. Some people required a delete and reinstall, but it is pretty rare that you will need to do that.

I've tried my best to make sure all the users running the Compliments of BlackBerry versions have received the latest build of the app, again if you are experiencing difficulties, contact me via the in-app support feature and I will lend you a hand.

Thanks to everyone for download and/or purchasing the application. We hope you are enjoying the new features and it makes your BlackBerry experience that much better. If you have any questions, suggestions or comments, you can reply here or send me an email through the in app support.

nige
    08-22-12 02:43 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD