Are there any apps that can follow the college football teams once they start?

The South Carolina Game Cocks to be precise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 08:42 AM
    i see this is from last year...so....bump, still looking for a BBApp for them Gamecocks. thought CBSSports was going to give us one, but as close as they got was coastal carolina and UGA.
    09-15-10 07:56 PM
    Twitter is a great thing.. I follow Auburn football passionately, so I follow several credible sources on Twitter for AU football daily updates.
    For live scores, game times, and live blogs I use ScoreMobile for Blackberry

Last edited by crump84; 09-15-10 at 08:46 PM.
    09-15-10 08:44 PM
    Are there any apps that can follow the college football teams once they start?

The South Carolina Game Cocks to be precise.

I'm working on an app that links people at college and pro sporting events. However, it requires a following of sports fans at a university or for a pro team to really prove its awesomeness.

The basic idea is that people at home watching the game on tv can login to the website and see/interact with a live feed generated from people at the game. In other words, you bring your blackberry to the game, share photos and comments with others at the game and everyone watching from home. The purpose is to augment the experience when watching the game.

I don't have the South Carolina Cocks in the database yet, but can make the addition if you like the idea and want to use it.
    09-15-10 09:49 PM
    This is the category that BB will always lose to Android, as well as browsing. The apps SUCK! I so wish I could just push the two together and make one perfect device. Anyway, I can forgo a lot with the apps and app world lacking, but when it comes to my NCAA football (OREGON DUCKS) I can't accept the inadequacy of BB!!! Why is there no schedule app for any team? At least SportsTap, it's on Apple and Android but not BB... grrrrr!!!! Score Mobile blows chunks, you select the sports you care to follow and it shows you baseball, even though it's deselected cuz baseball is boring and nobody with an ounce of masculinity and competitiveness cares about it (libelous rant of a buthurt bozo). You can't follow specific teams, you have to see scores for every one in that given sport. Besides that, all it shows are scores which I can get anywhere and everywhere... POINTLESS!!! I want to know when and where my Ducks are playing and on what channel, BEFORE IT HAPPENS. Of course I could carry a lil' schedule pamphlet around in my wallet, but I don't carry a wallet and I want it on my dang phone!!! Ugh, I sound like a whining teen girl having a hissyfit. I should go write this in my diary... LOL!
    09-25-10 08:40 PM
    interesting, searching this exact title pulls up several posts asking same question with not a single response other than a few others adding their intrigue into the issue. i tried scoremobile again today, just to make sure my first experience was accurate, it was. though this time i saw scores for my sports, but i want to follow a specific team, don't care about the rest at all, and i want the schedule. unless i was being too impatient, i searched the options/settings and found nothing that would give me what i desire. please guys/gals, help me. create it if you need to, i need my duck fever antidoted.
    09-26-10 12:39 AM
    I just discovered ScoreMobile- guess I've been asleep at the wheel.
    (downloaded from BB App World)
    It's free.
    This may be old news but I thought I'd pass it along.
    Updates scores frequently.

Good Luck
    10-03-10 08:49 PM
    interesting, searching this exact title pulls up several posts asking same question with not a single response other than a few others adding their intrigue into the issue. i tried scoremobile again today, just to make sure my first experience was accurate, it was. though this time i saw scores for my sports, but i want to follow a specific team, don't care about the rest at all, and i want the schedule. unless i was being too impatient, i searched the options/settings and found nothing that would give me what i desire. please guys/gals, help me. create it if you need to, i need my duck fever antidoted.
    Here is a few suggestions for ScoreMobile. You can make a specific team your "favorite", this will make your team be the first team to show up in your score list. Also you can click the bb menu key and choose schedule and see the full schedule for your team plus game time for the next week. This will also give you injury reports for the next weeks game.
    With all of this for specific teams plus the live score updates, live game blogs and stats, IMO this is a really good sports app. I use this app 5 months out of the year (football season) and it does exactly what I need to do. If you play around with the you may find out you like bot once again this is just my opinion. Oh BTW War Eagle!
    10-03-10 09:32 PM
    Definitely ScoreMobile; I put all the UW games into my calendar, it's sick!
    10-04-10 01:08 PM
    Thanks for the additional tips on ScoreMobile.

Good luck
    10-04-10 08:32 PM
    If your college operates their sports web site as part of the CBSSports.com College Network, there is a GameTracker Mobile app for them in App World under Sports > News & Scores. It looks like there are about 60 colleges available (including Alabama, Miami, Texas, Florida State, Notre Dame...and South Carolina for the OP). I have downloaded the one for Kansas State. The news headlines are pretty useless, as it only lists the first paragraph instead of the whole story (I was told full stories will be available as part of a future update). The live gametracker works surprisingly well, though, and makes the app worth it for me.
    10-05-10 10:07 AM
    i tried score mobile one more time, this with a little more patience than the last, still found it overcomplicated and telling of too much that i don't care to know, while withholding the stuff that one would expect to see. because of this i have gone back to my android... it has two awesome apps for sports that demolish anything bb has to offer. just picked up my iphone 3gs in white as well and will be using it before my bb also. still prefer the aesthetic appeal of my 9700, but in every other way it is the lesser device. too bad the electronics world is always such an utter disappointment, because it's got the potential for perfection on every level. then again, create perfection and be the sole cause of the fall of the market. lol
    10-19-10 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD