I try to make sure that I close each of the apps when done. Is there an easier way to close out of the apps that have multiple screens, like media and options? If you are viewing picutes and hit the menu-close-then it brings up the next screen-hit close-and then the final screen to close before the app is fully shut.. like in options-status-then to close you have to hit close and it brings up another screen to close.. does this make sense?
    07-07-09 08:01 PM
    Not that I'm aware of, best way is to "menu--> close" that makes sure that the app is closed, it can be kind of a pain, but honestly, I've just grown used to it at this point. If there is a shortcut out there I'd love to know too.
    07-07-09 08:07 PM
    i'm pretty sure if you hold the back button, the application will close.
    07-07-09 08:18 PM
    Holding the back button doesn't work for me. I've also gotten used to just pulling a menu>close as well.

EDIT:
    Nevermind...I wasn't holding it long enough. THANKS!!
    Last edited by camarojones; 07-07-09 at 08:37 PM.
    07-07-09 08:23 PM
    Sherv is right. Holding the back button closes it..well it did it on both my storm and now my flip. I even checked app switcher to see. And yes I selected an app not always in the app switcher. I started doing it (when I would remember) after reading it in a post on here!
    07-07-09 08:27 PM
    The back button trick works for most, but not all apps.
    Keep in mind that there are a main 5 or 6 that do not close: Messages, Home Screen, Browser, Call Logs, BBM (there might or might not be a 6th depending on your carrier).
    07-07-09 08:29 PM
    The back button did it on my curve... I was into the media pic and was looking and held it down.. then checked the app switcher and it was closed... See me doing the happy dance?? I am always afraid of scrolling to much.. Don't wanna wear out the ball...lol..
    07-07-09 08:31 PM
    On my tour holding the back button works for most apps but doesn't close Ubertwitter for some reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 09:14 PM
    Is there a way to close BBM?
    07-29-09 03:28 PM
    Wow I never knew about the holding the back button to close apps, thanks!

mike
    07-29-09 10:41 PM
    i'm pretty sure if you hold the back button, the application will close.
    Good stuff. Never knew bout that one either...
    07-29-09 10:47 PM
    Yes holding the back button is easiest...
    But you're right, there are some Apps where this is required multiple times.

A minor shortcut if using the Menu > Close way:
    Press the Menu button, then press C until you get to close. In large menus, this is less of a hassle.

Works for anything in any Menu. Pressing a letter toggles between options that start with that letter.
    i.e. Menu + pressing O = Options (usually)
    07-29-09 11:44 PM
    I always do it by accidentent...
    07-30-09 02:15 AM
    On my tour holding the back button works for most apps but doesn't close Ubertwitter for some reason.

It should work if you change the settings in ubertwitter to run in the background.
    07-30-09 02:44 AM
    I am SO glad to have run across this one. I've wondered the same thing for months and just never posted. THANKS!
    07-30-09 07:09 AM
    No, BBM is one of the 5 apps that always remain open in memory.
    07-30-09 07:53 AM
    ok, thanks man
    07-30-09 10:39 AM
    No, BBM is one of the 5 apps that always remain open in memory.
    On some (if not all) providers, it's now 6 Apps always open: BBM, Messages, Browser, Phone, Contacts, and Calendar.

07-30-09 12:31 PM
    Nope, you cannot close it but you can set your status away. Kinda silly I know.
    07-30-09 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD