When you are in an application and go to the menu and 'close' until you are back at the home screen does that usually ensure that it is no longer running on the phone i.e. using up battery? Is there any app like an activity monitor or system profiler that could give you a more detailed 'status' (compared to the 'status' in tools) of whats goin on memory- and processing/battery-wise for specific apps i.e. where memory and battery power are being used?
    02-19-08 04:17 PM
    A program like that would certainly be useful. Unfortunately I don't know of any off the top of my head. Not to say that one doesn't exist.

You can check to see what programs are running by using the switch application feature. From the main screen, press menu until you see your home screen with all of the icons, then press menu again and switch application. There are 5 core applications that will never close.
    02-19-08 05:01 PM
    A program like that would certainly be useful. Unfortunately I don't know of any off the top of my head. Not to say that one doesn't exist.

You can check to see what programs are running by using the switch application feature. From the main screen, press menu until you see your home screen with all of the icons, then press menu again and switch application. There are 5 core applications that will never close.

Which five core apps?
    are BB messenger & the Default Browser ones of them?
    I can't never close those 2 apps

on another topic:

Hmm, anyone know if the smilies for message text working?
    I can't seem to have the smilies to work ,at least since yesterday
    02-19-08 06:24 PM
    Which five core apps?
    are BB messenger & the Default Browser ones of them?
    I can't never close those 2 apps
    BB Messenger, Browser, Home Screen, Messages, Call Log
    02-19-08 07:14 PM
    I always check which apps are running by holding down the very lower left (up/down arrow) key & pressing menu key (right of trackball)...then if there are more then the basic 5 running...you can scroll to the ones you wanna close and let off the up/down key...this takes you back to the unclosed app so you can close it properly...I always make sure to just have the 5 basic ones going if I'm not using the BB for awile...
    02-20-08 09:32 AM
    Is there any place to communicate to people with the knowledge/ability/time/motivation to make new bb apps? I think a system profiler would be hella-useful and probably not very complicated of an app to create, but no idea where to (usefully) suggest this?
    02-20-08 11:38 AM
    Which of the apps that we can close are the biggest gas guzzlers when it comes to the battery (besides the phone itself)? Which ones should we make sure we close to keep the battery going longer?
    03-16-08 07:43 PM
    I always check which apps are running by holding down the very lower left (up/down arrow) key & pressing menu key (right of trackball)...then if there are more then the basic 5 running...you can scroll to the ones you wanna close and let off the up/down key...this takes you back to the unclosed app so you can close it properly...I always make sure to just have the 5 basic ones going if I'm not using the BB for awile...
    What is the "lower left (up/down arrow) key"? What's the equivalent on an 8330 curve?
    06-01-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD