I have a Storm 9530. In a nutshell I am unable to start the camera. Is there a correlation with Slacker app and camera trouble? I had seen so in a post on the Tour forums how many were having this trouble even with Slacker fully closed, however some were still having the trouble even without Slacker.

Also, How do you check what OS is in the phone and how do you upgrade it?

btw found an older post, but it was from 2008 with a similar topic.
    02-22-10 11:27 PM
    To check the OS, go to Options (looks like a wrench) and then do About. Third line (aka v and some numbers) will tell you the OS you have.

To upgrade, look at http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ to read through how to do it and what OSes might be available to you.
    02-23-10 08:08 AM
    Alright I have 5.0. But what about the camera? Guess I should start another topic about that?
    02-23-10 09:52 AM
    Did you try to wipe the OS and see if on reloading it the camera works again? Or if Slacker is conflicting with the camera removing Slacker and seeing if it works?
    02-23-10 09:54 AM
    Well, I don't know if there is a correlation between Slacker and the camera not working. Many have posted that they have tried removing Slacker or other apps, and it works for some but not others. However I understand that some of the applications can't be removed, you can only hide the icons.

I'm currently trying a battery pull, but if I do an OS wipe, will it revert other settings back to default?

And thank you CDowner for helping me btw
    02-23-10 10:34 AM
    It will revert everything back to default. What other applications do you have installed (actually use)? Most of the things that are loaded on the phone when you get it are not installed, they are launchers to install if you so choose.
    02-23-10 10:41 AM
    try deleting slacker, rebooting your phone, then see if the issue persists.

also, just a tip for you CD, sometimes the OS isn't what needs to be wiped (rarely is that the case), but the databases. doing a security wipe (the device handheld's option to factory reset) is the easiest and best way to do this.

the OS wipe (jlcmdr, BBSAK, etc) is only necessary if the OS install was done incomplete or incorrectly
    02-23-10 01:02 PM
    try deleting slacker, rebooting your phone, then see if the issue persists.

also, just a tip for you CD, sometimes the OS isn't what needs to be wiped (rarely is that the case), but the databases. doing a security wipe (the device handheld's option to factory reset) is the easiest and best way to do this.

the OS wipe (jlcmdr, BBSAK, etc) is only necessary if the OS install was done incomplete or incorrectly
    Thanks patches, I think that is what I meant but I was answering these in between work-related stuff, so I might have been wrong!
    02-23-10 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD