Is that possible?

I usually just hit escape to return to homescreen from any app. That means I have apps running in the background all the time, which I assume isn't good for battery life.

But to close apps running in the background every now and then, I need to open every running app individually through task manager, pull up the menu, scroll down to 'close' or 'exit' and click. That's kind of tedious with 4 or 5 apps running.

Is there any way to close all running apps in one action?
    Or some kind of press-and-hold 'escape' to exit and close an app?

(I know there's a similar thread here, but I'm not necessarily interested in another app to solve my problems.)
    Last edited by savadepa; 09-05-11 at 07:18 AM.
    Ian_J likes this.
    09-05-11 07:05 AM
    Hold the BlackBerry key down. It'll show all apps currently running. You can then shut them down. This EXACT issue was answered in the thread you referenced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 07:30 AM
    Hold the BlackBerry key down. It'll show all apps currently running. You can then shut them down. This EXACT issue was answered in the thread you referenced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You didn't answer his question, and the EXACT issue isn't in the other thread. So your post is EXACTLY useless!

It would be nice to have a way to close all non-critical apps with 1 Click of a button or icon. Holding down the BB Button just brings up the Application Switch screen. Then you have to select each app to close it.

An app to "Close Running Apps", which would close everything but those that are necessary for basic functionality, or those plus a list you add to ignore, would be a handy thing indeed!
    09-05-11 08:22 AM
    Cmon..we have more shortcuts then any other phone manufacturers up to date, i can see how spoiled we are..now we want to close multiple apps in ONE shot ha? whats wrong with you guys ?
    09-05-11 12:38 PM
    You didn't answer his question, and the EXACT issue isn't in the other thread. So your post is EXACTLY useless!

It would be nice to have a way to close all non-critical apps with 1 Click of a button or icon. Holding down the BB Button just brings up the Application Switch screen. Then you have to select each app to close it.

An app to "Close Running Apps", which would close everything but those that are necessary for basic functionality, or those plus a list you add to ignore, would be a handy thing indeed!
    Not really. More of a 6 or half dozen type thing. Most apps will close/exit on the esc button and will background if you hit the power/end call button.
    09-05-11 12:44 PM
    Even if there isn't a way to close all the apps in one click, is there a way to close a single app with one click rather than Menu-->C-->click? My experience so far is with few exceptions, most apps run in the background when "closed" via the escape key.

Thanks,
    Matt
    09-20-11 01:21 PM
    Hi - stumbled onto this one.
    Closing ALL Apps would seem to be awesome, but its really a quick fix for the need for a deeper-level app.

Not sure if developers read these forums, but would be truly awesome would be a program that as soon as you open it, it gives you a COMPLETE LIST of every UNNECESSARY program running at all! Each program has a simple check mark next to it where you can click the one you want the program to shut down and keep off, effective after one more "do it" click after you have checked the programs you want off.

It would automatically screen for programs truly necessary to the smooth functioning of the phone and those would just not appear in the list, and maybe even offer several pre-set profiles such as "Fastest CPU / Best Memory" "Secondary Apps Only" "Ultra-Conservative (ALL unnecessary switched off - good for times when you may be far away from electricity for more than a day)", etc. You could also save custom profiles, as your check mark decisions are remembered until you change them.

Then one more click (or simply the second click after you have it set the way you want) and WHAM - all those things off and staying off until the next time they are User Initiated.

Now THAT is a program I would GRAB!!
    03-20-12 08:00 AM
    Hi - stumbled onto this one.
    Closing ALL Apps would seem to be awesome, but its really a quick fix for the need for a deeper-level app.

Not sure if developers read these forums, but would be truly awesome would be a program that as soon as you open it, it gives you a COMPLETE LIST of every UNNECESSARY program running at all! Each program has a simple check mark next to it where you can click the one you want the program to shut down and keep off, effective after one more "do it" click after you have checked the programs you want off.

It would automatically screen for programs truly necessary to the smooth functioning of the phone and those would just not appear in the list, and maybe even offer several pre-set profiles such as "Fastest CPU / Best Memory" "Secondary Apps Only" "Ultra-Conservative (ALL unnecessary switched off - good for times when you may be far away from electricity for more than a day)", etc. You could also save custom profiles, as your check mark decisions are remembered until you change them.

Then one more click (or simply the second click after you have it set the way you want) and WHAM - all those things off and staying off until the next time they are User Initiated.

Now THAT is a program I would GRAB!!
    Heres some questions and comments for you guys to think about:

1.What would count as a unnecessary app?
    2.Most native applications can't be closed and some third-party can't either through normal ways
    3."It would automatically screen for programs truly necessary to the smooth functioning of the phone and those would just not appear in the list"

Would be the criteria for this?

4. Secondary Apps

Would be the criteria for this

5.""Fastest CPU / Best Memory" "Secondary Apps Only" "Ultra-Conservative"

To do this optimally the application would always have to be running in the program ,again causing battery drain. The other way would just to have something like:

If "Fastest CPU/ Best Memory" ... close all third-party apps that can be closed
    If "Secondary Apps Only" .... close all third-party
    If "Ultra-Conservative" Close every app possible

We can reduce the profiles to :

"Ultra-Conservative"
    "Secondary Apps Only"

In the end the application is simply:

1.Open App
    2.Choose "Optimize Option":
    Ultra-Conservative
    Secondary Apps Only
    3. Select "Clean Up"
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 03-20-12 at 08:35 AM.
    03-20-12 08:29 AM
    03-20-12 08:38 AM
    Not a crazy question. If i recall all my other bb had an option to 'exit on escape' and it would close app. Now everything just runs in the background. So now everytime i use any app i need to remember to click/scroll to exit or it's running and draining.... sucks.
    05-01-12 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD