How do I do that?

I noticed that exiting from a program like google maps or the browser by going to menu then exit/close does not really close because when I rotate the application switcher I still see them.

I am a freak when it comes to closing running ups( a current windows mobile user) and cannot seem to do this.
    Loving the BB!

thanks!
    07-28-09 03:56 PM
    For most apps you have to press the menu/BB button and select Close. For Google Maps you might have to select Exit.

There are about 5 apps that will always show they are running, even if they're not: Messages, Browser, Home Screen, BlackBerry Messenger, Call Log/Phone.
    07-28-09 04:13 PM
    Most third party apps can be closed by selecting "Close" or "Exit" from their application menu. This usually exits/closes the app. Pressing the END button on the other hand leaves the app running in the background.

Some core apps seem to run all the time though - like the messages app, phone app, browser, etc. You probably wouldn't want those to be closed anyways.
    07-28-09 04:21 PM
    ahhh I see, thats why I could not close browser and messages haha.
    But google talk does not close. How come? Its not a primary app.
    07-28-09 04:25 PM
    sometimes you have to uninstall programs to get them to stop running..
    07-28-09 04:27 PM
    Like what? I think exiting them or, worst case scenario, a battery pull will fix even the hardiest of apps.
    07-28-09 04:32 PM

That doesnt make sense. Since you installed the app in the first place because you need it.
    07-28-09 04:36 PM
    The BlackBerry developer API allows apps to choose to NOT close when the close/exit is selected. Instead they can continue running in the background. Maybe Google Maps is one of those apps.

In those cases a battery pull is probably the only way to truly close the app.
    07-28-09 04:50 PM
    No, Google Maps closes completely by pressing the Menu key while in the app and choosing Exit. You can press E and the menu goes straight to Exit, and the app will no longer appear in the running apps when you open the app switcher.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 06:33 PM
    ahhh I see, thats why I could not close browser and messages haha.
    But google talk does not close. How come? Its not a primary app.
    With Google Talk try signing out and then pressing exit or close (whichever it is). With I'm apps you often have to sign out before hitting Close (that keeps it running in the background)

07-28-09 07:30 PM
    Not to mention there are apps that run in the background that don't appear in the app switcher. This includes 3rd party apps.

07-28-09 09:36 PM
    That doesnt make sense. Since you installed the app in the first place because you need it.
    Certain apps start on reboot, like the MSDict or Missing Sync. While I do need them, I don't necessarily need these apps to run in the background after a reboot. I was wondering if there is any way to control/choose which third party apps start on reboot.
    07-28-09 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD